View Full Version : Festival of the Arts

metro
04-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Event Dates: Tue Apr 19th - Sun Apr 24th - 11 days away
Show Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 10-9, Sunday 10-6

Held for six days each April, this event has been ranked as one of the Top Outdoor Festivals in the United States since 1977. More than 150 carefully juried visual artists exhibit their work; hundreds of performers provide dance, music, mime, theater and other offerings; and thousands of children are offered special arts experiences. In addition to being the Arts Council's primary funding source, 20 other non-profit cultural agencies earn funds through particiaption in the food area. Free to the public.

Not only should we all support this, but we should promote this event to everyone you know in and out of state. This will be another great event going on while everyone watches OKC during the 10th anniversary of the Murrah bombing as well as the Memorial Marathon on the 24th.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-08-2005, 04:21 PM
http://photos.newsok.com/fa042204/images/1821472.jpg

I will try to go.

Midtowner
04-08-2005, 07:04 PM
It'll be happening a couple blocks from my door... I should be able to attend ;)

windowphobe
04-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I hadn't gone for a while, but started up again last year (at great personal expense, as always). I surely will find some time to drop in this time.

Jay
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
http://artscouncilokc.com/festival/index.html

metro
04-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for posting the pic SoonerRiceGrad

HOT ROD
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Everyone, i just thought of something.

Imagine if the F/A was happening during the March Madness basketball tourney, where OKC was 1st and 2nd round host! Imagine the press reports, the happy tourists, the explosion of positive reports about OKC if the festival took place at the same time.

We might want to consider moving the event OR have a smaller festival during EXPOSURE events like the NCAA, BIG 12, so on - where OKC will have 10,000 or more tourists in town.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Nation's second largest arts festival io believe.

Patrick
04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Everyone, i just thought of something.

Imagine if the F/A was happening during the March Madness basketball tourney, where OKC was 1st and 2nd round host! Imagine the press reports, the happy tourists, the explosion of positive reports about OKC if the festival took place at the same time.

We might want to consider moving the event OR have a smaller festival during EXPOSURE events like the NCAA, BIG 12, so on - where OKC will have 10,000 or more tourists in town.

Hey Hot Rod, I actually brought this idea up in the NCAA tourny thread a few weeks ago. I'm glad you thought of it too. We'd only have to move the festival up a few weeks! I think it would be a great additino to the tourny. I tend to wonder whether the current vendors would be able to make an earlier festival though. I'm not sure what the national schedule looks like!

Regardless, we need to offer some sort of craft show during the NCAA tourny. It was just a shame that there wasn't any entertainment offered to visitors of the Ford Center for the tournament.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Awesome idea!!! Someone should call up the OKC Arts Council pronto!