View Full Version : Old local murder mysteries

TeriOKC
10-31-2011, 09:28 PM
I was driving down N. Penn today between 16th and 10th and recall an older cousin telling me years ago about an unsolved murder that took place at what used to be a dental office on the SE corner of about 12th or 13th and Penn. It was a lady named Judith File (Pfiel sp?). Weird that I remember that. The murder took place sometime on the early sixties maybe?

Also I remember being really afraid as a child of being abducted at night from my bed. Around that time I guess a few little girls turned ip murdered? I remember the name "Brenda White" or something...

Maybe it's just that Halloween has me thinking about this stuff...

Jim Kyle
11-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I vaguely remember the Judith File case; as I recall she was murdered in her apartment, though, not at an office although she may have been a dental tech. The business area at 12th and Penn is most likely what you have in mind; the intersection at 13th is entirely residential but the blocks from 10th to 12th were commercial. Jackson Drug was on the SE corner for many years.

The abduction fears may have had something to do with disappearance of two young girls, one from around 11th and Grand Blvd and the other from MWC. No trace of the first (except for a single sneaker found near her home) ever turned up, but skeletal remains of the second were found a year or so later, and a mentally challenged neighbor youth seems to have been involved. I, along with dozens of other folk, took part in the searches for the first, sometime after 1967...

okcisok
11-01-2011, 11:09 AM
That murder happened in 1963 when I was in high school and I belive the daughter of the dentist was in my class. Anyway, the girl was working for the dentist and living in an apartment connected to the office. She was beaten, stabbed and burned. The office was on 16th and Penn. Her room mate found her. I remember thinking at the time that it was very scary that no one could figure out who did it. I know the policy interviewed both the dentist and his wife. Is this still a cold case?