View Full Version : Stolen Bike from our yard

maggiedunphy
10-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Hello Everyone,
About a month ago my husbands Fuji bicycle and instep kid trailer were stolen from our yard in the middle of the day when I left to drop my husband off at work. We have reported it and all that jazz but we have been getting recent calls from our lost and found ad with reports of people seeing a "transient" gentlemen riding the bike and pulling the trailer (with aluminum cans in it) around the area of 23rd and Classen and all directions around that (riding north on classen, in the neighborhoods just south of OKCU, etc....) We live in the NW 10th and May area.
If any of you happen to see this bike with/without trailer can you give us a call? Its a Large (21 inch) Fuji Absolute 4.0 and now has a black seat and led lights. The trailer is a red "Instep" trailer. Please see attached photo. My husband already bought a new one (almost same exact one) so please dont run him down if you see him riding his! lol
We have a new bike and trailer but it is personal because he bought the bike to rehab from a stroke and used it to take our daughter to and from preschool and it was very heartbreaking someone would do that to him and our kids.
Maggie Dunphy 405 568 5012

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff382/Ryan_Dunphy/271521_10150687941370387_568335386_19433899_798254 9_o2.jpg

PennyQuilts
10-30-2011, 08:50 PM
I hope you get it back.

Thunder
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
That's the one I want! I don't have a bike anymore, but I was thinking about getting a bike with that pull thingy to put Taz the Poodle in for a speedy ride.

Since there has been numerous sighting, it seems that the OKC Police are doing a horrible job (as usual). Hopefully you will be able to speed-rush-hurry to a location the next time someone call you. That homeless bum is riding around in broad daylight knowing that what he took is not his. I don't think he's mentally competent to realize the right and wrong and the serious jail-time punishment when caught.

RadicalModerate
10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Maggie: I hope you get the bike back, too. (Although I must say that I am somewhat concerned about the safety aspects of using the trailer to transport small children instead of, for example, tin cans.) I think it would be great if somehow your posting this in here resulted in its recovery.

Thunder: Do you have a helmet for Taz? I think that would be a minimal safety requirement to keep the ASPCA from getting involved. Plus, if the OKCPD saw you they would probably stop you and write you up out of spite. BTW: If a person isn't "competent to realize the right and wrong" it is doubtful that serious jail-time punishment awaits them when caught. Heck . . . Some people might even be spared a spiteful traffic violation.