View Full Version : Great Plains Bottling Company Bought out by Coca Cola Parent Company Any Thoughts ?

Charlie40
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas as to what may come from this aquisition? Good Bad Same?

http://newsok.com/great-plains-bottling-co.-bought-by-coca-cola/article/3617425?custom_click=headlines_widget

MDot
10-28-2011, 10:18 AM
I have absolutely no clue what may come from it. I've been wondering but have absolutely no thoughts on it really.

windowphobe
10-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm guessing that the most visible result will be more tryouts of new products here.

And, of course, the return of Mr Pibb, though Dr Pepper's defection from Great Plains made that inevitable anyway.

SoonerDave
10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm guessing that the most visible result will be more tryouts of new products here.

And, of course, the return of Mr Pibb, though Dr Pepper's defection from Great Plains made that inevitable anyway.

That's bad enough in my book. Mr. Pibb is evil. Hate it when restaurants try to slide that in as a replacement for The Dr.

That said, I've all-but dropped soft drinks, so I guess I can't honestly say it'll make much of a difference going forward :(

RadicalModerate
10-31-2011, 08:49 AM
I hear that talks are underway to bring Vernor's "Ginger Ale" to this market.
Vernor's "Ginger Ale" is so evil--and nasty--that it makes Mr. Pibb look like pure liquid sunshine from the heavens.