View Full Version : Favorite Halloween candy?

Pete
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm not a huge candy lover but when this time of year rolls around I love candy corn and those Smarties sweet tart things. Just says 'Halloween' to me, as you almost never see either otherwise.

But I almost always give out Reese's PB Cups because I can never predict the number of Trick-or-Treaters and usually end up with way too much, and I love Reeses.

What are you giving out this year?

(BTW, I used to love getting popcorn balls too but nobody gives out homemade items anymore and I'm sure you'd get arrested if you tried.)

Thunder
10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
I ate several bags of candy corn this month. :-)

I love those DOTS and Junior Mints in those tiny boxes.

If I was much shorter, I'd still go trick-or-treating. I could still dress up and carry around fake picture of a girl in costume saying its for my daughter and that she is sick. LoL

MDot
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
I ate several bags of candy corn this month. :-)

I love those DOTS and Junior Mints in those tiny boxes.

If I was much shorter, I'd still go trick-or-treating. I could still dress up and carry around fake picture of a girl in costume saying its for my daughter and that she is sick. LoL

Lol I dare you!

Thunder
10-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Lol I dare you!

Come with me if you want to live.

MDot
10-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Come with me if you want to live.

I'm gonna die?

Bunty
10-26-2011, 01:35 AM
I would feel like dying if I aid several bags of candy corn.

Caboose
10-26-2011, 07:06 AM
I am usually targeted for much scorn when I admit I love candy corn. Seems like everyone I know hates them. Glad to find a couple of kindred spirits here.

RadicalModerate
10-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Best Halloween Candies:
Mini Snickers Bars
Mini Twix
Mini Almond Joy

Worst Halloween Candies:
Those nasty, orange, fake, mummified marshmallow peanuts
Anything involving wax filled with mystery liquid
Root Beer Barrels (and their ilk)

UnclePete
10-26-2011, 09:48 AM
I am usually targeted for much scorn when I admit I love candy corn. Seems like everyone I know hates them. Glad to find a couple of kindred spirits here.
3 candy corn pieces and 3 Virginia peanuts in your mouth to be chewed at the same time = Payday.

BBatesokc
10-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Reese's, Milky Way Midnight or Twix for me.

In our neighborhood its pretty common to see teens and adults trick or treating (without kids). Almost feels like a strong arm robbery.

RadicalModerate
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Objection, Your Honor (Brian)
"Reese's" is too vague.

Are you referring to "Pieces" or to "Mini Peanut Butter Cups"?

For the Record: No actual "adult" goes "trick-or-treating" no matter how old or young they are.
Must I remind you that "'Twix' are for KidZ" . . . ? =)

betts
10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
I do the opposite. I buy what I won't eat so if there's extra, I don't eat the entire bag of candy. Snickers and Almond Joys are my weakness. So, I try to buy Milky Way and Three Musketeers, which I'd almost rather starve than eat. We had no trick or treaters last year, and probably won't this year either. I'm hopeful that someday we'll be visited by them, however. Since we're at the end of the Ghouls Parade, though, every balcony has orange lights and I've got pumpkins out front.

MDot
10-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Ugh. Reese's (the normal sized one), mini snickers, mini butterfingers, and mini crunch's.

RadicalModerate
10-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Has anyone else seen those "Blood Bags" on the counters at some local convenience stores?
They cost, like, a dollar each. A dollar that could be better spent on The Stupidity Tax (Lottery).

I guess the price of wax for those gross little "pop bottles" from days gone by has gone up and They have decided to put The Mystery Fluid into something more economically and evironmentally responsible.

These "Blood Bags" are probably the best alternative for handouts in neighborhoods where "Trick or Treating" has dwindled down to nothing (or where only "Adults" attempt to extort "sweets" from residents.) I mean, A DOLLAR each????

HewenttoJared
10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
I like Candy Corn.

Jesseda
10-26-2011, 11:24 AM
fun size bag of reeses pieces..

Lord Helmet
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Those mini candy bars are good..but dangerous. I can eat like a dozen of them. I always tell myself...'just one more won't hurt.'

RadicalModerate
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
"Fun Size" . . .
Sounds like a thinly-veiled invitation to "Ruin" to me.
(please don't tell The Sugar/Halloween Cartel that i said that, ok?)

OSUMom
10-26-2011, 06:15 PM
I like candy corn too.

I remember in our neighborhood there was this one house that always put a table out front and had hot chocolate for everyone. Of course you couldn't do that these days. But it was really nice on cold Halloweens.

kevinpate
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
fun size bag of reeses pieces..

Of course, some of us believe in more fun than others.

Questor
10-26-2011, 09:03 PM
I am giving out a large assortment of Willy Wonka candy, Skittles, and Smarties. Yum!

MDot
10-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I also like candy corn. I'm no longer an outcast. :-)

ljbab728
10-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Candy corn is evil, indulgent, worthless, etc. I love em. LOL

Thunder
10-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Here kitty, kitty, kitty!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/curbly_uploads_production/photos/0000/0004/1734/135_3581_large.JPG

Candy corn is evil, indulgent, worthless, etc. I love em. LOL

And its so pointy with 3 colors!