View Full Version : Any good Halloween events planned?

BBatesokc
10-25-2011, 05:46 AM
The wife and I are looking for any adult (not x-rated, just grown-up) Halloween events going on this weekend where costumes will be encouraged and there will be dancing, music, and all-in-all good times. No youngster (<25yr olds) dance clubs though.

Thunder
10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Gazette is having the Halloween Parade while The Oklahoman is busy investigating armed agents on the prowl terrorizing the towns.

Roadhawg
10-25-2011, 08:06 AM
I'll be at the Nebraska/Mich St. game with my ear of corn hat on *lol*

Thunder
10-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll be at the Nebraska/Mich St. game with my ear of corn hat on *lol*

Brian is talking about Halloween events, not Football events. Please do not derail the topic.

BBatesokc
10-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Gazette is having the Halloween Parade while The Oklahoman is busy investigating armed agents on the prowl terrorizing the towns.

Looking more for costume party type events. We go to the parade, and yes some people do dress up to attend, but I'm not getting dressed up to sit on a corner and watch the parade.

urbanity
10-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Gazette's Halloween Parade
(official program)
http://npaper-wehaa.com/oklahoma-gazette/2011/10/18/

kevinpate
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Well, I suppose you and your lovely and a dozen or so of your bestest friends could always show up at the Night Food market on Friday night wearing ABLE costumes.

<I keeed>

Thunder
10-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Well, I suppose you and your lovely and a dozen or so of your bestest friends could always show up at the Night Food market on Friday night wearing ABLE costumes.

<I keeed>

This is a great idea! Brian can video it all while his friends scare the vendors. Then post it on YouTube as a parody Halloween vid!

Tydude
10-25-2011, 05:00 PM
there is probley events going on at Frontier City or you can do is go to the haunted warehouse in Bricktown

Thunder
10-25-2011, 05:46 PM
there is probley events going on at Frontier City or you can do is go to the haunted warehouse in Bricktown

The one in Bricktown has been closed.

Roadhawg
10-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Brian is talking about Halloween events, not Football events. Please do not derail the topic.

pot meet kettle

BBatesokc
10-25-2011, 06:25 PM

<I keeed>

Wish I could make it to the food night. That's the one night we are attending a large annual costume party in Edmond. Was just hoping for a Sat night costume gig.

rcjunkie
10-26-2011, 04:43 AM
The one in Bricktown has been closed.

Moved not closed.

BBatesokc
10-28-2011, 06:12 AM
I couldn't find if it had been discussed, but why so many changes to the Gazette's parade? No Wayne, no marching skeletons, not calling it Ghouls Gone Wild. What gives?

Martin
10-28-2011, 06:32 AM
I couldn't find if it had been discussed, but why so many changes to the Gazette's parade? No Wayne, no marching skeletons, not calling it Ghouls Gone Wild. What gives?

i was wondering the exact same thing.

urbanity, i'm pretty sure you're with the gazette... what's the story? -M

BBatesokc
10-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I know Wayne's in the middle of a concert tour, so I assume that had alot to do with it. Were the skeletons and title proprietary to him or is it just an attempt to be more family friendly. Regardless, we plan on attending, as we do each year.

TheTravellers
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
The wife and I are looking for any adult (not x-rated, just grown-up) Halloween events going on this weekend where costumes will be encouraged and there will be dancing, music, and all-in-all good times. No youngster (<25yr olds) dance clubs though.

Ahhh, good memories of Psychopomp a couple of years ago in the Farmer's Market. Wish they could've kept it going.

Pete
10-31-2011, 09:05 PM
For the first time, last night I went to Knott's Halloween Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm in Orange County here in Southern Cal.

After 7PM, the whole park transforms into a Halloween theme with 13 different scary mazes and hundreds of costumed characters roaming around. It's incredibly well done... In fact, I read they take in over half their annual income just in the month of October.

Knott's is like a cross between Six Flags with lots of thrill rides and Disneyland with stuff for the kiddies. But no one under 13 is allowed to the Halloween Haunt, and it was pretty full-on.

For example, one of the mazes was an old sanitarium with tons of insane prisoners and other props. It's very hard to tell what are dummies and what are actually live characters and they are very skilled at scaring you at just the right moment. There are parts you can't see at all and it's rather intense! But of course, all in good fun.

There was another that was a creepy circus (clowns alone are creepy IMO) where you wore 3-D glasses and it was pretty wild. Many of the characters had features that seemed to be moving towards you and it was very hard to tell reality from simulation. Pretty impressive.

It was crazy crowded though. Lines for the rides were all about an hour so I stuck to the mazes and shows.

I'm glad I went but if I were to do it again, I'd go earlier in October because we got there right at 7PM and stayed until they closed at 1AM and we only go to do a fraction of the stuff.