View Full Version : Fishing General Discussion

jstanthrnme
10-23-2011, 11:25 PM
It was a long hot summer and I didn't get to do near the amount of fishing I've done previous summers, but now that it's cooled off and water levels of the local lakes are rising, I'm ready to go.

Plus, I'm looking forward to the start of trout season. While the Dolese pond is only stocked with rainbow trout in January and February, Roman Nose starts stocking rainbows this week. Lake Carl Blackwell starts stocking in mid-november. To start the season, I typically use a prepared scented bait like Berkley Trout Nuggets. Late January-March I use small minnows for bait as the fish adapt to life outside of a fish farm.

So, any fisherman on the board care to share any info?

OKCisOK4me
10-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Ummmmmmm, if its any consolation, I went fly fishing yesterday (Saturday) on the Sand Juan River in New Mexico for the first time ever in my life! Caught 3 Brown Trout.

MDot
10-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I use to go fishing all the time when I was younger, mainly at Eufaula sometimes Ft. Cobb. I remember one time out in Lake Eufaula over by the dam one day, me and my Great-Grandfather went out in his boat and we caught 138 Sandbass within an hour. We used double hooks so pretty much everytime we pulled in a fish, there were 2 instead of 1.