View Full Version : Farewell Sid Burgess

shawnw
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
If you're not already aware, one of our valuable civic contributors, Sid Burgess, is leaving OKC for Seattle (job related). It is his last week in the state. We've held a couple farewell gatherings for him, using Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to spread the word. If you've somehow missed the news, it's your last chance to catch him before he leaves.

Also, I've been getting people to sign a photo matte for Sid. It's almost full, but there are some spots left. If you know Sid personally, and if he would appreciate a parting message from you, please PM me and I will arrange a meetup to get more signatures.

Thank you to those of you that have already participated or signed the matte.

ljbab728
10-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't know Sid but have appreciated his posts here. Is this finally Seattle getting revenge on us for "stealing" the Thunder?

shawnw
10-21-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, we've joked about it being a trade deal between OKC and Seattle. Sonics for Sid...

Thunder
10-22-2011, 12:10 AM
This is OLD news. Why post it now? Last I remembered, he left us weeks ago and stopped visiting us on here. Not even a single post. Up to him to accept a job position in Seattle, but to completely forget us...I don't know how I'll be able to forgive him. :-(

So, why do you think he is still in OKC? lol

shawnw
10-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Um, because I'm good friends with him. His family is still here. We all had dinner last Friday. He left for Seattle Tuesday to take care of some preparations and came back last night. We have plans next week before he leaves for good with his family. I simply wanted to say if anyone is left to sign the matte that I otherwise missed, let me know. I have one more signature to get on Sunday from AJ Kirkpatrick, and then I'm done unless someone else speaks up.

Thunder
10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
I thought he left permanently since he posted pictures of Seattle when he was there. I haven't been on G+ in a while. What is the matte? Where and how do I sign it? If you see him again, tell him not to leave the glorious OKCTalk, please?

shawnw
10-22-2011, 01:28 AM
As stated in the original post, it's his last week here. I wasn't speculating.

Regarding the matte, it is in my possession. It looks like this (below, blurry on purpose) and will contain a picture (to be selected) of OKC when fully assembled. If you are serious about signing it, and if Sid would appreciate hearing from you, I can arrange a meetup for you to sign it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-DWRwJAo7c7Q/TqJtfon7M3I/AAAAAAAAOPc/ZO2f4yhLgY8/s576/IMAG0418-1.jpg

Thunder
10-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Okay, give this to him or you contact me. 405.###.#### <<< TEXT ONLY

I will be at the market and it closes at 6pm. Depending how far, I'll try to make a quick trip.

shawnw
10-22-2011, 01:37 AM
I'm not available next for this until Sunday.

Thunder
10-22-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm not available next for this until Sunday.

I don't understand that. Don't have to be tomorrow. It can be on Sunday. Wait, today is Saturday, so tomorrow is Sunday. lol What time?

venture
10-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Okay, give this to him or you contact me. XXXXXXXXXXX <<< TEXT ONLY

I will be at the market and it closes at 6pm. Depending how far, I'll try to make a quick trip.

Thunder. Stop posting your number on a public forum. Send it to someone in a private message. If you can edit it out otherwise I reported it so it can be deleted for your protection.

Thunder
10-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Thunder. Stop posting your number on a public forum. Send it to someone in a private message. If you can edit it out otherwise I reported it so it can be deleted for your protection.

But... I always post it publicly. I don't see why it will harm me? Its even on the market's website on several pages, including my own store page. I'm fine with it, but thank you for your concern.

MDot
10-22-2011, 08:55 AM

Somebody has to keep him safe and sadly, you're the one who has to do it. ;-) lol