View Full Version : Person Of Interest In Bethany Murder Case Speaks To Police

NikkiG78
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Person Of Interest In Bethany Murder Case Speaks To Police

Posted: Oct 19, 2011 11:56 AM CDT Updated: Oct 19, 2011 7:53 PM CDT

Kyle Tweed and Cody Perez

Carina Saunders

LaShauna Sewell, News9.com

BETHANY, Oklahoma – A person of interest in the homicide of 19-year-old Carina Saunders has been released after speaking to Bethany Police.

Kyle Tweed, 21, arrived at the police station shortly after the department held a news conference Wednesday morning announcing he was one of two people detectives wished to speak to about the killing of Saunders. The young woman's body was found stuffed in a duffel bag behind a Homeland grocery store on Thursday, October 13.

10/17/2011 Related Story: Body Found In Duffel Bag In Bethany Identified As Missing Teen

Bethany Police Chief Phil Cole asked the public for information on the whereabouts of Tweed and 21-year-old Cody Perez. Police say both Perez and Tweed knew Saunders socially.

After being released by police, Tweed posted on his Facebook page that he did not know Saunders:

"The cops let me go. I dont [sic] know the girl. That other guy is someone who came to my house for a party thats it [sic]. I did not do anything. I was released."

Perez was reported missing Monday, October 10. Police say he was last seen at a convenience store near Interstate 35 and Robinson in Norman. He was wearing his Platt College culinary uniform and was carrying a blue backpack. Police believe he left the metro area on Tuesday, October 11. Chief Cole says he may have been planning to hitchhike to Dallas then head on to California.

10/18/2011 Related Story: Missing OKC Man May Be Connected To Slain Bethany Teen Found In Duffel Bag

According to Chief Cole, both men may have information critical to the investigation. They're asking anyone who knows the whereabouts of Perez to call Bethany Police immediately.

As for the investigation into Saunders death, Chief Cole says they're following dozens of leads. They have not named any suspects, but the chief says the nature of the crime indicates whoever killed Saunders would have needed "some kind of assistance."

BBatesokc
06-18-2012, 08:51 PM
I know, old thread with no replies. But i didn't want to start another dead thread - but thought I'd give an update.

Just this afternoon Bethany investigators were at 3500 S. Harvey - currently a vacant lot - but previously a two story building with a long and odd history of drugs and prostitution.

I posted an article about it on JohnTV..... http://johntv.com/?p=2837

You can read multiple NewsOK articles here.... http://newsok.com/ongoing/carina-saunders

I didn't find much about this case on OKCTalk, but I find the case really interesting and tragic.

Roadhawg
06-19-2012, 07:06 AM
It is a sad case and I hope they get whoever did it.