View Full Version : Need a good mechanic in edmond

ImTheDude
10-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Anyone have a good recommendation?

Debzkidz
10-12-2011, 08:26 AM
We've had good luck with Christian Brothers. They're on Santa Fe, just south of Danforth.

BrettM2
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
We've had good luck with Christian Brothers. They're on Santa Fe, just south of Danforth.

Same for me.

RadicalModerate
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
I think (or at least I've heard--from Seasoned Veterans in the Business) that they (Christian Brothers) are real, actual, "Automotive Mechanics" rather than, simply, "Computer Parts Installers".

I might suggest "Beck's Garage" . . .
But they aren't in Edmond.

(Just don't be put off by the name . . . =)

Debzkidz
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Another thing we liked about Christian Brothers is that they are a locally owned franchise. We were out of town, visiting one of our sons in Texas a while back and we had a mechanical problem with our car. They had a location in the town we were in so we went to them. They were just as nice a thorough as the location here and their work is guaranteed at all of their locations. We were glad to know that if something went wrong when we got back home we could take it to the location here and they would make it right.

We've used them enough they know us by name when we walk in (we've got 4 vehicles we keep running). As a women, going into a repair shop can be very intimidating, but I've always felt at ease there. Its owned by a very nice couple and they are always very helpful. I also really like that they have a courtesy car that can drop you off at home or work and will pick up back up when your car is ready.

sacolton
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Heard nothing but great things about Christian Brothers. Very honest business.

hipsterdoofus
10-12-2011, 12:37 PM
I had an issue with Christian bros once - may have been a fluke, but they once diagnosed a problem, I then went and acted on it and it happened to be the wrong diagnosis. Of course when I called them on it they said "well if WE had done the repair and found out it was the wrong diagnosis we we have paid to fix it anyway" - yea right. Anyway, all that to say, be careful - they charged me like $75 diagnosis fee to (incorrectly) figure out a problem that another mechanic figured out (correctly) for free.

OkieHornet
10-12-2011, 02:02 PM
k&c auto repair. off kelly north of 33rd. 330-6808. been going to them for 25 years - very honest and reputable guys.

LM401
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Jerry's Auto 341-7551, located on Main between Broadway and Fretz

potsy
10-14-2011, 01:51 AM
depends? What do you need done? What type of car? Domestic or Import?

CaptDave
10-26-2011, 08:20 PM
If it is an import, I was pleased with Metric Motors on Broadway.

LowRyter
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I've had good luck at Jerry's. Mostly good luck at Metric. Can't recommend Christian Bros, Brian's, Kennedy's or Dwain's.

Will go to Bob Howard only for warrenty work but can't recommend repair but body shop is good. John Pucket is OK for body shop. Can't recommend Flair.

Also, John at Road & Track is tops for motorcycles.