View Full Version : College Football - Week 5

Dustin
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
OU blows away Texas 55-17

Oklahoma State 56, Kansas 7 at... wait for it..

HALFTIME.. HOLY S#!T!

MDot
10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
That Oklahoma State game has blown my mind. And they're wearing the black helmet, black jerseys, and orange pants combination. I vote for that combination more often.

Dustin
10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I heard from a friend that the starters are off and OSU put the cheerleaders on the field.

MDot
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
They did and they've scored 70 so far with the cheerleaders on.

dmoor82
10-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Doesnt KU have like the worst D in all of cf?

dmoor82
10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
As Uncle would say "BOOMER freakin SOONER"!

MDot
10-08-2011, 04:52 PM

I'm not sure but after letting Georgia Tech put 66 on them and now Oklahoma State putting 70 on them, my answer is yes they're defense SUCKS.

Just the facts
10-08-2011, 05:19 PM

They do now.

venture
10-08-2011, 06:48 PM
KU has completely fallen apart since they fired Mangino. Most teams in the MAC, Sun Belt, and WAC would probably beat them. They did play NIU this year and barely won, but NIU seems to be having an off year. Normally they are pretty decent.

Kansas has overall the 114th Defense in the country.

MDot
10-08-2011, 07:00 PM
KU has completely fallen apart since they fired Mangino. Most teams in the MAC, Sun Belt, and WAC would probably beat them. They did play NIU this year and barely won, but NIU seems to be having an off year. Normally they are pretty decent.

How could anyone possibly be worse on defense?

venture
10-08-2011, 07:11 PM
How could anyone possibly be worse on defense?

LOL There are still a few other bottom feeders out there. :-)

Looking at today's games...OU might be able to jump Alabama in the AP, but LSU should remain #1.

bluedogok
10-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Half of the FCS (D1-AA) teams could beat KU right now. Even UTSA in their first season could give them a decent game and possibly beat them.

Dustin
10-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I love how whenever Oklahoma plays a ranked team and beats said team, people on the cfb boards are quick to say that team was overrated. Can't wait to play LSU or Bama to shut those people up.

Dustin
10-08-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VlfEHn1eCw&feature=channel_video_title

jn1780
10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I love how whenever Oklahoma plays a ranked team and beats said team, people on the cfb boards are quick to say that team was overrated. Can't wait to play LSU or Bama to shut those people up.

Yes, as soon as they get through the rest of the season and OSU. The worst thing OU can do is get too comfortable.

Just the facts
10-08-2011, 10:06 PM

The only problem is that Texas and FSU were over-rated. Texas has no business being in the top 25 (and after today they probably won't be). The only thing that kept the FSU game close is that the game was in Tallahassee. If they played in Norman OU would have won by 4 touchdowns. Of course, LSU and Alabama are hanging their hats on wins over Florida but Florida is another team that has no business in the top 25 (and after today probably won't be either).

The worst thing about the top 25 is that they have to rank 25 teams. They should start with a top 5 and then add teams as they earn the right to be ranked. We could get to the end of the season and only have a top 12 list. Beating Nobody U by 7 in the first game of season does not qualify you to be ranked.

MDot
10-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I think Oklahoma State has a legitimate chance to lose to either Kansas State, Mizzou, or Baylor, maybe even all 3. With that in mind, I don't really expect that to happen but if it did it wouldn't surprise me.

venture
10-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Conference Results for today...

#3 OU 55 - #11 Texas 17
#6 OSU 70 - Kansas 28
#24 A&M 45 - Tech 40
#20 KSU 24 - Missouri 17
#25 Baylor 49 - ISU 26

Honorable mention...
TCU 27 - SDSU 14

bluedogok
10-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I think Oklahoma State has a legitimate chance to lose to either Kansas State, Mizzou, or Baylor, maybe even all 3. With that in mind, I don't really expect that to happen but if it did it wouldn't surprise me.
I think K-State may be the only one that could give them a game but with the game in Stillwater, they would have to play a perfect game of keep away, I don't think they can do it. Missouri isn't the team they were last year and Baylor would have to get all the breaks going their way to pull it off in Stillwater. I think there is a good chance of the OU-OSU game being a battle of undefeated teams.

Just the facts
10-09-2011, 08:05 AM
The season seems to be set-up in OSU's favor. Not only do they have a good team but they get all their big games at home.

MDot
10-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Like I said I don't expect it to happen. It would be awesome if OU and OSU both went into bedlam undefeated.

onthestrip
10-09-2011, 02:58 PM
The season seems to be set-up in OSU's favor. Not only do they have a good team but they get all their big games at home.

At mizzou, at Texas, at Texas A&M and at Texas Tec...plenty of tough road games.

Just the facts
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
At mizzou, at Texas, at Texas A&M and at Texas Tec...plenty of tough road games.

Please. A&M is on the road to self-destruction after the OSU loss and OSU should beat MU, TU, and TTU by 28 each. In fact, just for fun I am going to make the following 'bold prediction'.

Take the lowest OSU score at the end of the 3rd quarter against Texas, Missouri, and Texas Tech. That score will be higher than the combined total of TU, MU, TTU at the end of the 3rd quarter. I am not using the final score because the game will be over by the 4th quarter and all the subs will be playing.