View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

Thunder
10-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Have anyone seen this frickin' documentary?! I'm halfway through and its freakin' me out, seriously! Is this real?!

Thunder
10-06-2011, 02:21 AM
This is bullchit, it feel cooler in here and Taz sitting there acting like he see something.

Thunder
10-06-2011, 02:56 AM
OMG, I just looked up on Google and the entire movie isn't real. Its based on videos the police found and Paramount acquired them. Both actors just happened to have the same first name. I looked up Paranormal Activity on Google and read the Wiki and found out that Micah was played by Micah Sloat and that he's still alive. Found his Facebook and he has a message saying he's still alive.

I dunno if I want to see the part 2 and 3. :-(

Jesseda
10-06-2011, 08:40 AM
My sister lives in the allied garden district in san diego, the movie was filmed off waring road close to the college district a mile from her house, its pretty much fake, the story was wriiten by Oren Peli, the idea came about due to the popular bliar witch project. They are currently filming the third sequal to the PA franchise. The only thing that it could be related to is that in allied gardens in th 70s i believe.A man that lived on Lewison drive, hung himself, on his suicide not he said he can no longer be a prisoner of the evil sprits that live in his house..

HewenttoJared
10-06-2011, 10:19 AM
This is bullchit, it feel cooler in here and Taz sitting there acting like he see something.

http://chzragecomics.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/rage-comics-animals-can-sense-these-things.jpg

White Peacock
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the lulz.

If you like the faux documentary genre, check out The Fourth Kind. I was actually convinced until I researched it later on.

Bunty
10-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Have anyone seen this frickin' documentary?! I'm halfway through and its freakin' me out, seriously! Is this real?!

LOL. It reminds me again years ago when I was at this party. The lady host got out her Ouija board and asked if anyone wanted to play it with her. Everyone was too frightened to do so, except me. I was dumb about it and so wasn't too afraid to join her. The lady asked party goers what questions it wanted to ask of the Ouija board. As the pointer that we held on to started wandering about the board for the answers, I told the lady, "Hey, I'm not moving this thing. I'm just following you as you go along with it." She denied moving the pointer on her own and insisted that she was just following it, too. The pointer was correctly spelling out answers, freaking people out and making them leave the party one by one. One guy asked it what year it was when he was in a car accident. The pointer lead to the correct year. I told the lady since she knew him she knew where to move the pointer. She denied it. So the Ouija board cleared the party.

So what happened to the Ouija board later? The lady said she played with it again on another day with another friend when the pointer started moving by itself. It finally freaked her out so bad that she threw the Ouija board in the trash. On top of that knowledge, I have, thankfully, never tried fooling around with the Ouija board again.

White Peacock
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM
In a psych class in high school, the teacher brought a Ouija board and effectively illustrated how the users touching the planchette are, at least unconsciously, responsible for the movement of the planchette. She had two students operating it and asked several questions. Once it was established where everything was on the board, she blindfolded them, spun the board 180 degrees (unbeknownst to them) and asked them a yes/no question. The planchette moved to the spot where the YES was prior to rotating the board.

Horrific Ouija tales are as rampant as demon-possessed Furbies tales. I'm not one to discredit the Occult overall, but some things are good candidates for Occam's Razor.

RadicalModerate
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
My Ouija Board (c. 1965) just told me that
the--above described--
Paranormal Encounter in a Classroom
as evidenced by WhitePeacock
took place on Casual Friday.

More to follow.
After I have checked the tea leaves and entrails.
And "special cards" . . .

Oh! This just in:
Thunder: Never doubt the wisdom of Taz.
Act Accordingly.
Or Don't.

(No Faux-King Chit)

Edited to add: It isn't often that one encounters, in context, the correct spelling of "planchette".
Kudos for that. (why . . . some folks don't even know how to spell Catsup correctly. =)

Roadhawg
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
my ouija board (c. 1965) just told me that the--above described-- paranormal encounter in a classroom, as evidenced by whitepeacock, took place on casual friday.

More to follow.
After i have checked the tea leaves and entrails.
And "special cards" . . .

Oh! This just in:
Thunder: Never doubt the wisdom of taz.
Act accordingly.
Or don't.

(no faux-king chit.)

edited to add: It isn't often that one encounters, in context, the correct spelling of "planchette".
Kudos for that. (some people don't know how to spell catsup.)

lol

RadicalModerate
10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Glad your "humor" detector was on the right frequency.

Thunder
10-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I have never tried it, but I have always wanted to. What is so strange is that I think this board is available specifically for kids in the area where all other board games are. I specifically remember Toys-R-Us walls of game boards and this was one of them. :-/

RadicalModerate
10-06-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm fairly certain that in order to purchase a Ouija Board at a Toys[Reverse R]Us you have to present proof that you have mastered the miracles of The Mysterious 8-Ball . . .

It is a dangerous thing to loose all that psychic energy on an unsuspecting public all at once.
Isn't it?

White Peacock
10-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Funny that you mention the Magic 8 Ball, since that too was at one time considered to be a dangerous tool of the Occult. The Satanic Panic was such an exciting time.

Parents shouldn't be concerned about Ouija boards. If Toys 'R Us ever starts selling black mirrors with Goetic incantations printed in the instruction manual, then you can worry.

PennyQuilts
10-07-2011, 07:32 PM
In a psych class in high school, the teacher brought a Ouija board and effectively illustrated how the users touching the planchette are, at least unconsciously, responsible for the movement of the planchette. She had two students operating it and asked several questions. Once it was established where everything was on the board, she blindfolded them, spun the board 180 degrees (unbeknownst to them) and asked them a yes/no question. The planchette moved to the spot where the YES was prior to rotating the board.

Horrific Ouija tales are as rampant as demon-possessed Furbies tales. I'm not one to discredit the Occult overall, but some things are good candidates for Occam's Razor.

I'm surprised that particular lesson plan was allowed...

HewenttoJared
10-08-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm surprised that particular lesson plan was allowed...

??

Thunder
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
??

Well...duh? Most parents wouldn't want their kids to be involved with satanic projects.

RadicalModerate
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
chu'ch 'n state thing i would imagine . . .
sort o' like asking Anton LeVay or that bozo from
Westboro/Topeka
to lead the pledge of allegiance

White Peacock
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
It's not a Satanic project; it's a board game...a party novelty, and the experiment proved that the only power the board has is in the mind of the operators, who unconsciously direct the planchette (see ideomotor effect). Otherwise, the planchette would have moved to the appropriate location. This isn't the Victorian age of seances and Spirtualism. We don't need to live in ghost-filled worlds regarding subjects that have been shown to have mundane causes.

This was the same psych teacher who freaked out when I recited a Satanic chant to test her Latin skills. So for somebody like her to have an in-class experiment like this shows you that there's nothing to the Ouija phenomenon beyond psychology.

kevinpate
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Oh great, just when I finally got the satanic critters from the woods outside South Park outta my head for good, along comes this thread. Thanks y'all.

MDot
10-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Oh great, just when I finally got the satanic critters from the woods outside South Park outta my head for good, along comes this thread. Thanks y'all.

:LolLolLol I know exactly what you mean.

RadicalModerate
10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Many years ago, as a Carpentry Instructor, I was doing a little "remedial arithmatic" for a handful of students. The topic was fractions and decimals. One of the students got visibly upset at the decimal representation of 2/3 (.666) that I had written on the board and asked me to please erase it. He didn't say anything about the .333 right next to it so I guess that number is only half as evil.

I didn't drag out the Class Ouija Board to confirm or deny my conjecture. Nor did I ask if he failed to notice the decimal point that might make even the first number only one-thousandth as evil.

Another time, a student--who was into some pretty spooky interpretations of parts of the Bible--mentioned that he wanted to be a meteorologist. I asked him why he thought he wanted to be a meteorologist. He said that he wanted to study stars and meteors in order to better understand the Signs in The Heavens mentioned in scripture. I just said, "Oh." I'm afraid that anything else I might have added would have had a negative effect on his self-esteem.

Plus, I didn't have a deck of Tarot cards handy to evaluate the actual feasibilty of his career goal.

Thunder
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Many years ago, as a Carpentry Instructor, I was doing a little "remedial arithmatic" for a handful of students. The topic was fractions and decimals. One of the students got visibly upset at the decimal representation of 2/3 (.666) that I had written on the board and asked me to please erase it. He didn't say anything about the .333 right next to it so I guess that number is only half as evil.

I didn't drag out the Class Ouija Board to confirm or deny my conjecture. Nor did I ask if he failed to notice the decimal point that might make even the first number only one-thousandth as evil.

Another time, a student--who was into some pretty spooky interpretations of parts of the Bible--mentioned that he wanted to be a meteorologist. I asked him why he thought he wanted to be a meteorologist. He said that he wanted to study stars and meteors in order to better understand the Signs in The Heavens mentioned in scripture. I just said, "Oh." I'm afraid that anything else I might have added would have had a negative effect on his self-esteem.

Plus, I didn't have a deck of Tarot cards handy to evaluate the actual feasibilty of his career goal.

:LolLolLol

This could be a nice business venture.... Selling Ouija boards and Tarot cards at the Golden Goose Flea Market!

RadicalModerate
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Don't forget those Magic 8 Balls . . .

Or kits for making those little, pointy, four compartment, folded paper (origamiesque) fortune-telling deals where you open them up and lift the tab to reveal amazing stuff. =)

Roadhawg
10-13-2011, 07:14 AM
I have one of those 8 Balls on my desk here at work :)

ddavidson8
10-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Anyone ever see Witchboard? That's a pretty good "documentary" of the oujia board. lol

RadicalModerate
10-14-2011, 08:18 AM
rbA29zfEAZk

I thought that the disembodied hands were scary enough,
but when the scissors came out I almost fainted.

Note the divergence of viewer opinion on the value of this
bit of occult handicraft in the comments section.
I guess some people don't appreciate
the channelling of the spirit of David Blaine.

On the other hand . . .
Due to the misuse of this tool since about 1957
cooties have become an endangered species.
Or is that specie? Whatever.