PennyQuilts
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
This is such a shame. RIP, Mr. Jobs.

Thunder
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
This is a sad time for the many people.

venture
10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Running out of the major tech innovators. Shame we don't have more like him around.

Wow! :-O
And I find this out right after I read about the huge disappointment for the unveiling of iPhone 4S. This probably what hit him...

Hardly. He has been fighting pancreatic cancer for years I believe...which is one of the few with a 95 to 99% mortality rate.

Stew
10-05-2011, 05:53 PM
He changed the world. He will be missed.

Pete
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
He was only 56.

Shows how horrible pancreatic cancer is... Even with all his wealth and resources, it still took him down.

RIP, Steve. You certainly left your mark on the world.

MikeOKC
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
yF2Ooh9l-a0

Thunder
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I know, Venture. I was laughing at Apple being a huge disappointment again, then I see this news, but couldn't help it with the side joke. Its sad when a person die, but for business, I'm happy he isn't helping Apple anymore (as in when he left his job).

Roadhawg
10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
RIP Mr. Jobs

Roadhawg
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
I know, Venture. I was laughing at Apple being a huge disappointment again, then I see this news, but couldn't help it with the side joke. Its sad when a person die, but for business, I'm happy he isn't helping Apple anymore (as in when he left his job).

I don't see anything funny or amusing about somebody dying from cancer.

Thunder
10-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't see anything funny or amusing about somebody dying from cancer.

Its not and no one said anything about that.

venture
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM

There is a time and place for everything. Right now, is not the right time for one of these comments of yours. If you can edit your comments I would strongly recommend you delete it or asking Pete to delete them. Otherwise you better get ready to be flamed big time by others here.

MikeOKC
10-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Just so sad...he was such a visionary...one of the greats. RIP.

Tha Apple website at 7:15pm October 5, 2011:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4195/appleb.jpg

WilliamTell
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
It's hard to say anything bad about him. He was obviously one of the greatest ceo's of this generation.

Tydude
10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
RIP Steve Jobs greatest person on the earth without him all of us will have PC and regular phones

Achilleslastand
10-05-2011, 08:02 PM
RIP Steve Jobs.....And prayers go out to all his family friends and loved ones.

poe
10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I found out through the Apple homepage. It's touching that Apple knew what they had in Steve and understand his legacy; hopefully they'll continue with it. I think many companies nowadays don't have chief officers who are highly revered by their employees.

The world lost a friend today.

Lord Helmet
10-05-2011, 08:36 PM
RIP Steve. A true American innovator. Amongst the greatest this country has ever produced. IMHO A modern day Thomas Edison.

RadicalModerate
10-05-2011, 09:29 PM
MikeOKC: Thank you for the excellent tributes to A Man of Excellence, shared.

td25er
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Marketing genius. Steal the concepts of others (GUI, mouse, tablet, mp3 player) and put sugar on them. Lock purchased itunes music to only apple devices for years to make sure people have to buy apple devices and get used to paying 2-3 times as the competition.

I do have to give credit for the iphone. Without that, Android wouldn't be so awesome.

Either way, brilliant dude. RIP.

MDot
10-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I never followed him to much but he was a computer god. He will be missed. Prayers go out to all family and friends.

RadicalModerate
10-05-2011, 11:10 PM
td25er:: i agree. "Brilliant Dude Either Way" well spoken.
especially in regard to the indirect reference to his being a prime mover
in the shaping of how we perceive and process reality

btw: i've never knowingly purchased an Apple Product (so labeled) in my life
glad you recognize the best side of the "either way" paradigm
and don't let that take away from your/our appreciation of ibm/pc

OKCisOK4me
10-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Call me shallow, I beg of you... I couldn't help but post on Facebook after I stated RIP, that it would be iConic if they planted an apple tree above his grave and he was buried next to iSaac Newton... couldn't help it ...sorry to all nerds (who are excluded from political correctness).

RadicalModerate
10-05-2011, 11:50 PM
With a Tesla Coil.
Powered by The Sun
Providing Shade
To The Gawkwerdly.

edcrunk
10-05-2011, 11:55 PM
RIP Steve Jobs greatest person on the earth without him all of us will have PC and regular phones

I have a PC and a Droid...

HewenttoJared
10-06-2011, 05:31 AM
His kids are pretty young. :(

Roadhawg
10-06-2011, 06:42 AM
His kids are pretty young. :(

He was pretty young.... my age

BBatesokc
10-06-2011, 07:15 AM
I have a PC and a Droid...

And much of today's PC's and certainly the Droid were influenced by the work of Apple and Steve Jobs.

Jchaser405
10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
RIP Jobs, one of my favorite talks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

chuck johnson
10-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Here's a link to the Playboy interview he did in 1985. This is the full interview and is safe for work. There are no graphics or images other than Steve Jobs. The man was a visionary and this is a must read.

http://www.txtpost.com/playboy-interview-steven-jobs/

chuck johnson
10-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Marketing genius. Steal the concepts of others (GUI, mouse, tablet, mp3 player) and put sugar on them. Lock purchased itunes music to only apple devices for years to make sure people have to buy apple devices and get used to paying 2-3 times as the competition.

I do have to give credit for the iphone. Without that, Android wouldn't be so awesome.

I've read a lot of similar assessments elsewhere and while I don't necessarily disagree, I have to ask: Why doesn't every other company just do "that"? Are they so benevolent that they would never engage in such tactics?

Microsoft Windows is garbage and built on top of another operating system. They locked Windows onto every PC for years and they charge $300 for Office when open source versions can be free.

Google aggregates the work of others and makes money off advertising that work. It puts out a lot of great ideas, but then seems to get bored and stops developing them further.

Facebook, IBM, etc. A litany of issues with all.

I have an Android and have always owned a PC, but those have their own set of problems.

kevinpate
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I feel for his family, especially the children. Losing your pops is painful.

FritterGirl
10-06-2011, 09:58 AM
My first ever personal computer was a Macintosh classic. I still fondly remember that unibody design with the 8" black and white screen. Compared to today's design, it was clunky, but back then it it was as sleek as any Formula race car.

Jobs was beyond just a great visionary. He gave us products we didn't know we need. He was a master at creating thoughtful, yet elegant design. Even his packaging was artful. He painted our world with new and brighter colors and gave us a means of communicating that we never thought possible. He brought humanity to technology. In short, he was an architect of life.

I have two apple products; an ipod nano I don't use much anymore, and my iphone 3GS, which I'll soon be upgrading to a 4S. I hope to have an ipad in my future.

What Jobs brought us wasn't just about technology, but about experiencing form and function in a simple, streamlined design. Mr. Fritter, who works in IT on Windows-based platforms and in designing SQL databases, said: "we may need pcs to function, but apple puts in the FUN. Using apple products are about the experience. That is what keeps people coming back."

UnFrSaKn
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Floating around...

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash - Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

HewenttoJared
10-06-2011, 11:10 AM
lol

White Peacock
10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Even as somebody who prefers Windows computers and Android phones, it was the brilliance of Steve Jobs that laid the foundation to make these possible. Sure, he stole his UI from Xerox, but in turn, Gates stole it from Apple. The competition between the two fueled the computer age, and now just about every first-world household has at least one computer with either Windows or Mac OS. Additionally, the iPhone brought the smartphone to the masses, kick-starting Google's Android, and the subsequent competition between the two platforms has led to insane innovations in the smartphone market, and the same is true for the iPad's influence on the tablet market.

I own an iPad (the only Apple product I own), and it's a great device. I prefer my Galaxy Tab for everyday use, but I love them both. Without Steve Jobs, we would have neither device. So the fact is, anybody who uses a computer, a smartphone or mp3 player with multitouch interface, or an actually usable slate tablet, owes a real debt of gratitude to the man, whether or not they favored his business practices.

RIP Steve Jobs

RadicalModerate
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
I feel for his family, especially the children. Losing your pops is painful.

True That.
Thanks for putting The Tribute to a public genius world-changer in perspective.

(Parenthetical Two Thumbs Up to UnFrSaKn, for sharing, btw....)

oneforone
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
My thoughts go to his soul, his family and all the lives he made better. However, I think the media and people in general are making more of him then what he actually was. He was a business man that is living proof that if you want something bad enough and your willing to fight for it you can make it happen. He was lucky to be born and live in America where the American Dream lives and breathes. It will never die as long as people are willing to roll up their sleeves and dedicate blood, sweat and tears to the things they want in life. No special program, shortcut, favor or handout will ever get you to the destination that is your hopes and dreams.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates changed the world by staying on course and pushing themselves to get the things they wanted out of life. Imagine if both of them abandoned their ideas and just did what everbody else does (land the first job that pays ok, stay there and complain about everything until you retire) We would have likely been doing every thing with pencil and paper. Computers would be limted to the government and corporate America.

If anything needs to be learned from Steve Jobs it is the fact that you should never settle for what comes easy in life. You should never take the path of least resistance. As my grandfather always said "If life is easy, your not doing something right." Well rounded life consist of stress, happiness, anger and sadness. No matter what happens you have to get up each day and live it to the fullest. You have to set challenging goals and achieve them. As you achieve those goals your quality of life improves. Your in good health, you have plenty of money, a roof over your head, plenty to eat/drink and a loving family.

Too many people have turned their back on the American Dream all because of the Quitter's Attitude. In a nutshell Jobs was not a quitter. He kept pushing ahead to reach his personal goals and dreams until the day he passed. If you can do that, you will truly be one of the richest people in the world.

Roadhawg
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
As the CEO of the world's most valuable brand, Jobs pulled in a comically low annual salary of just $1. While the gesture isn't unheard of in the corporate world — Google's Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Eric Schmidt all pocketed the same 100 penny salary annually — Jobs has kept his salary at $1 since 1997, the year he became Apple's lead executive. Of his salary, Jobs joked in 2007: "I get 50 cents a year for showing up, and the other 50 cents is based on my performance."

In early 2011, Jobs owned 5.5 million shares of Apple. After his death, Apple shares were valued at $377.64 — a roughly 43-fold growth in valuation over the last 10 years that shows no signs of slowing down.

He may only have taken in a single dollar per year, but Jobs leaves behind a vast fortune. The largest chunk of that wealth is the roughly $7 billion from the sale of Pixar to Disney in 2006. In 2011, with an estimated net worth of $8.3 billion, he was the 110th richest person in the world, according to Forbes. If Jobs hadn't sold his shares upon leaving Apple in 1985 (before returning to the company in 1996), he would be the world's fifth richest individual.

While there's no word yet on plans for his estate, Jobs leaves behind three children from his marriage to Laurene Jobs (Reed, Erin, and Eve), as well as his first daughter, Lisa Brennan-Jobs.

MikeOKC
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Good summation, Roadhawg. I have heard that we'll learn a lot about the future of his estate with the release of Walter Isaacson's biography which is said to be incredibly comprehensive. We know very little of what's in it except that Jobs admits he's been an imperfect person and actually talked with Isaacson about him denying his own daughter and swearing under oath that he was sterile (all back in college). He played that game despite being abandoned by his own father. He later, far too late he recognized, did what was right and admitted Lisa Brennan was his daughter.

The biography was due for a 2012 release and was moved up to November and now, with the death of Jobs, it's been moved up to late this month. It should be a great read about a brilliant and enigmatic man who changed the way we all do so many things.

The book, by the way, is the #1 selling book on Amazon as a pre-order(!)
Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson (http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jobs-Walter-Isaacson/dp/1451648537)

-------------------------------------

From Amazon.com:

Product Description

Based on more than forty interviews with Jobs conducted over two years—as well as interviews with more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues—Walter Isaacson has written a riveting story of the roller-coaster life and searingly intense personality of a creative entrepreneur whose passion for perfection and ferocious drive revolutionized six industries: personal computers, animated movies, music, phones, tablet computing, and digital publishing.

At a time when America is seeking ways to sustain its innovative edge, and when societies around the world are trying to build digital-age economies, Jobs stands as the ultimate icon of inventiveness and applied imagination. He knew that the best way to create value in the twenty-first century was to connect creativity with technology. He built a company where leaps of the imagination were combined with remarkable feats of engineering.

Although Jobs cooperated with this book, he asked for no control over what was written nor even the right to read it before it was published. He put nothing off-limits. He encouraged the people he knew to speak honestly. And Jobs speaks candidly, sometimes brutally so, about the people he worked with and competed against. His friends, foes, and colleagues provide an unvarnished view of the passions, perfectionism, obsessions, artistry, devilry, and compulsion for control that shaped his approach to business and the innovative products that resulted.

Driven by demons, Jobs could drive those around him to fury and despair. But his personality and products were interrelated, just as Apple’s hardware and software tended to be, as if part of an integrated system. His tale is instructive and cautionary, filled with lessons about innovation, character, leadership, and values.

About the Author

Walter Isaacson, the CEO of the Aspen Institute, has been chairman of CNN and the managing editor of Time magazine. He is the author of Benjamin Franklin: An American Life and of Kissinger: A Biography, and the coauthor of The Wise Men: Six Friends and the World They Made. He lives in Washington, D.C., with his wife and daughter.

Product Details

* Hardcover: 656 pages
* Publisher: Simon & Schuster (October 24, 2011)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1451648537
* ISBN-13: 978-1451648539
* Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 6.1 x 1.8 inches
* Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
* Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
o #1 in Books > Business & Investing > Biography & History
o #1 in Books > Computers & Internet > Business & Culture > Biographies
o #1 in Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > High-Tech

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8195/jobsfl.jpg

jn1780
10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
As the CEO of the world's most valuable brand, Jobs pulled in a comically low annual salary of just $1. While the gesture isn't unheard of in the corporate world — Google's Larry Page, Sergey Brin, and Eric Schmidt all pocketed the same 100 penny salary annually — Jobs has kept his salary at $1 since 1997, the year he became Apple's lead executive. Of his salary, Jobs joked in 2007: "I get 50 cents a year for showing up, and the other 50 cents is based on my performance."

In early 2011, Jobs owned 5.5 million shares of Apple. After his death, Apple shares were valued at $377.64 — a roughly 43-fold growth in valuation over the last 10 years that shows no signs of slowing down.

He may only have taken in a single dollar per year, but Jobs leaves behind a vast fortune. The largest chunk of that wealth is the roughly $7 billion from the sale of Pixar to Disney in 2006. In 2011, with an estimated net worth of $8.3 billion, he was the 110th richest person in the world, according to Forbes. If Jobs hadn't sold his shares upon leaving Apple in 1985 (before returning to the company in 1996), he would be the world's fifth richest individual.

While there's no word yet on plans for his estate, Jobs leaves behind three children from his marriage to Laurene Jobs (Reed, Erin, and Eve), as well as his first daughter, Lisa Brennan-Jobs.

There's a lot of speed bumps in Apple's future and their greatest visionary and marketeer just died. Hope they don't plan on relying on slightly upgraded versions of iPhone and iPad.

bluedogok
10-06-2011, 08:16 PM

Either way, brilliant dude. RIP.Everything that I have purchased from iTunes I have made DRM free and can use it on anything. It isn't that difficult to do.

iPods and previously an iPhone 3G are the only Apple devices that I have ever owned but I always appreciated the design and focus the products always had. Most of the software that I use is Windows only so no OSX or Linux for me. He will be missed in the industry but I think Apple is in better hands now than they were when the Pepsi man forced Jobs out the first time and proceeded to run the company into the ground. I think Jobs made sure it would have a much smoother transition this time and he had the power to be able to make it happen.

Of Sound Mind
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
There's a lot of speed bumps in Apple's future and their greatest visionary and marketeer just died. Hope they don't plan on relying on slightly upgraded versions of iPhone and iPad.
If their slightly upgraded versions of iPhone and iPad have this type of success, I think they'll do alright.

Apple says pre-orders of iPhone 4S break record
NEW YORK (AP) — Apple says first-day pre-orders of the iPhone 4S topped 1 million, breaking the record set by last year's model.
Apple Inc. and various phone companies started taking orders for the phone last Friday. It hits stores this Friday.
First-day orders for the iPhone 4 were 600,000 when it launched last year.

Read more: http://newsok.com/apple-says-pre-orders-of-iphone-4s-break-record/article/feed/305626

BBatesokc
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM

You're a real class act. You might try knowing what you're talking about. While I own numerous iDevices, I can play any of my music bought through iTunes on anything I want. Not to mention the simplest of devices - a CD player.

jn1780
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
If their slightly upgraded versions of iPhone and iPad have this type of success, I think they'll do alright.

For now. The "Tortoises" are catching up though.

HewenttoJared
10-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Who is catching up? Did you see Apples second quarter market share jump? Insane.

td25er
10-11-2011, 07:03 AM
You're a real class act. You might try knowing what you're talking about. While I own numerous iDevices, I can play any of my music bought through iTunes on anything I want. Not to mention the simplest of devices - a CD player.

Itunes had DRM'ed music for most of its existence. You could only put it on 5 computers and it wouldn't play on non-apple music devices. You could burn a cd, but you couldn't play anything on a cheap sanyo mp3 player. You had to buy a 300 dollar ipod

Of Sound Mind
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I've been hearing that same rhetoric for the last 3+ years.

BBatesokc
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Itunes had DRM'ed music for most of its existence. You could only put it on 5 computers and it wouldn't play on non-apple music devices. You could burn a cd, but you couldn't play anything on a cheap sanyo mp3 player. You had to buy a 300 dollar ipod

What's your point? Did Apple ever hide that fact? No. Informed consumers make informed decisions. Looks like millions decided to go with Apple as the superior product. Your gripe is like complaining about Sony because you own a Wii and can't play PS3 games on it.

Swake2
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Not really.

Here are the speed tests for the 4S, it's more than twice as fast as the top of the line Androids

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4951/iphone-4s-preliminary-benchmarks-800mhz-a5-slightly-slower-gpu-than-ipad-2

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4951/41613.png

td25er
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
What's your point? Did Apple ever hide that fact? No. Informed consumers make informed decisions. Looks like millions decided to go with Apple as the superior product. Your gripe is like complaining about Sony because you own a Wii and can't play PS3 games on it.

SUPERIOR? If you mean fragile products that work for a year and then freeze every other day or whose buttons stop working. If you mean batteries that are not replaceable and are useless after a year. If you mean software that randomly wipes your device when updating or syncing. Those are my personal experiences with an ipod mini, 2 video ipods, and a shuffle.

If you mean a phone whose screen shatters when you drop it 2.5 feet with the protective case ON. That is my wife's experience with her iphone. If you mean a phone that can't do half of what android phones can do.

I thought I made informed decisions b/c in 2004 everybody had an ipod. I figured they were the best, but I was ignorant.

BBatesokc
10-11-2011, 11:52 AM
SUPERIOR? If you mean fragile products that work for a year and then freeze every other day or whose buttons stop working. If you mean batteries that are not replaceable and are useless after a year. If you mean software that randomly wipes your device when updating or syncing. Those are my personal experiences with an ipod mini, 2 video ipods, and a shuffle.

If you mean a phone whose screen shatters when you drop it 2.5 feet with the protective case ON. That is my wife's experience with her iphone. If you mean a phone that can't do half of what android phones can do.

I thought I made informed decisions b/c in 2004 everybody had an ipod. I figured they were the best, but I was ignorant.

You must have the worst luck ever. I own numerous iDevices (Shuffle x2, Ipod Touch x2, Ipad 1 and 2, 2011 model iMac, 2011 LOADED Mac Pro, 2011 Macbook Pro, Apple TV) and never once had one break unless I did something stupid - like when I drowned my iPod touch in a Big Gulp. It was out of warranty and warranty wouldn't have covered that anyway. Took it to the Apple store and they handed me a brand new one and it didn't cost me a dime. Or, when I dropped my iPad onto the concrete and broke the screen.

I buy the extended warranty on everything and have only used it one time - on a 2.5 year old iMac. Right before the extended warranty is up I tend to sell my iDevice or give it to a family member and upgrade.

I still have my first Shuffles. The wife uses one when she works out and they are very old. My dad has my old Imac, which is several years old and works like a charm. The fact they sell as much as they do proves your experience (if true) is not the norm. Sure people have bad experiences, but that is not the usual Apple experience.

As for phones that won't do half of what an Android will do - lets see your examples. I have an EVO and can't wait to dump it and get the 4s now that Sprint carries them. I had an iPhone on AT&T and loved it - just hated AT&T's service/network.

Lord Helmet
10-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Yup...must have bad luck...I've had/have a bagillion Apple products and have never a major issue other than losing a hard drive once...but that's bound to happen.

MDot
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
The only problem I have had with an Apple device is dropping my iPod Touch on the concrete for about the 10th time and it getting a few cracks on the screen. Everyone in my family has some sort of Apple product and nobody has ever had a complaint about anything Apple.

HewenttoJared
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM

IDtenT error most likely.

FritterGirl
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Yup...must have bad luck...I've had/have a bagillion Apple products and have never a major issue other than losing a hard drive once...but that's bound to happen.

Ditto what he said, well, excelt for the "bajillion" part. I've dropped my iphone countless times (with the case on), and have never had a problem with it. I've also never experienced a problem with any itunes uploads, except for the fact that it's loaded onto a pc.

bluedogok
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
You take the burned CD and rip MP3 files from it, then you have DRM free MP3 files that will work on any MP3 player. I have an older Sansa player that is MP3 only and it works fine with purchased iTunes files that have been converted. Some other brands will play the Apple files now, many of the newer car stereos will.

The only Apple products that I own is an iPod Classic (160gb) and iPod Nano for walking, I previously had an older iPod (40gb) and an iPhone 3G that I got rid of because of AT&T. They make great products but I have no use for Macs since my software is Windows only but they are still good computers.

windowphobe
10-11-2011, 06:16 PM
If you're really upset with DRM on an iTunes Music file, give them a quarter and they'll peel it off.

td25er
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
IDtenT error most likely.

How clever. I haven't heard that 20th times. ****ty batteries have soooo much to do with the user being an idiot. Ipods freezing randomly? Itunes wiping your device? I'd love to hear why that is idiot error. Maybe your dog knocking your phone from an arm rest makes you an idiot, but the screen shattering from a 30in fall, WITH THE CASE ON? Come on....

MDot
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
How clever. I haven't heard that 20th times. ****ty batteries have soooo much to do with the user being an idiot. Ipods freezing randomly? Itunes wiping your device? I'd love to hear why that is idiot error. Maybe your dog knocking your phone from an arm rest makes you an idiot, but the screen shattering from a 30in fall, WITH THE CASE ON? Come on....

You mad? Lol

bornhere
10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
As someone who has used Windows, Linux and OS X, I can tell you nothing would get me to give up my Mac, except for the unlikely possibility of key software I use being discontinued on the Mac.

This is as much a hardware issue as software. Ever opened up a Mac? You can do all kinds of upgrades and repairs with no tools whatsoever – the kinds of things that always had me fumbling around with jeweler's screwdrivers when I had PCs. It's all the kind of stuff that, when you see how it's put together, you ask yourself, why hasn't everyone been doing it this way all along?