View Full Version : Does anybody know the results of today's OKC Council Election?

Jay
04-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Does anybody know the results of today's OKC Council Election?

Patrick
04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Haven't see it yet. I guess it will come out in today's Daily Dissapointment!

okcpulse
04-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Can't call it the Daily Disappointment anymore. "Daily" has been removed. hehehe

xrayman
04-06-2005, 04:07 AM
It is just after 5:00 AM Wednesday morning and I thought I would check the results from the local elections........The Oklahoma County Election Board has a website:
www.oklahomacounty.org/electionboard/
NOTHING
In fact, take a look at this and tell me it's not a joke!
http://www.oklahomacounty.org/electionboard/ElectionDates.htm
That's right! Click on "Election Dates" and it brings up the dates for coming elections in --- 2004! How embarrassing! Is Tommy Kirkpatrick still the Chairman of the Ok County Election Board? Sanderson still the secretary? They should be taken to the wood shed!

There's nothing on the Oklahoman/KWTV website, nothing on KOCO, KFOR, nothing on KTOK, KOKC. And we wonder why the people of OKC don't care? If the media doesn't care (and they don't) how are people to even know about local elections? Coverage of local and state government is nothing short of irresponsible on the part of every media outlet in this city. It's pathetic and small-town. ......Okay.....here I go....pardon the rant....Of course, with a "Strong Mayor" system where the mayor and the Council would actually be held responsible, it would encourage more citizen interest and involvement. Our current system of governing by committee/commission/boards/authorities/ etc. leaves NOBODY responsible, so personalities and elections are IGNORED. Sorry, I had to throw that in because, again, it's another example of our system doing damage to our city. We worry about the people not voting, but 95% of the people couldn't name two people on our council.

Pathetic system, pathetic coverage, clueless citizenry = a city in the dark ages in still so many ways.

mranderson
04-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Yes.

Pete White in Ward four, Pat Ryan in ward eight were elected.

soonerguru
04-06-2005, 07:55 AM
Pete White in Ward four, Pat Ryan in ward eight were elected.

Awesome! Great pickup for the city on both counts. We replaced Rinehart with White, a great trade!