View Full Version : Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Thunder
10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Go visit a Walmart or Target store...Christmas!

Go drive down a street in Midwest City near a major park...Christmas!

And its happening right now, really fast, and there is nothing you can do about it!

Retailers are now stocking Christmas seasonal items.

Midwest City is now setting up the outdoor lights at the park and around the city.

Post here if you spot something Christmas!

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a frickin' New Year!!! *cheers*

mcca7596
10-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Don't start a thread like this again until after Thanksgiving Thunder.

venture
10-01-2011, 01:09 AM
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1360557/medium

kevinpate
10-01-2011, 01:22 AM

+1 (and then some)

Thunder
10-01-2011, 02:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yep2d7H974w

For the hearing-impaired and deaf, watch the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UZsyk1-yJU

HewenttoJared
10-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Nothing I can do about it? Wrong, we choose to do nothing about it.

Stryker2010
10-01-2011, 07:13 AM
It is that time of year again and the "biggest" shopping day of the year is only 1 month, 23 days, 15 hours, and 48 minutes away.

I'm just curious, what could we do about it? With the current state of the economy, retailers are looking for every angle they can to get that extra $0.50

RadicalModerate
10-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Back in the days of the Spanish Inquisition, they frowned upon merchants who put up Christmas decorations and put out selections of their wares for Christmas gift purchases before Thanksgiving. They called it "heresy" and dealt with the issue by burning them at the stake . . . As part of their Halloween festivities.

Jesseda
10-02-2011, 12:40 PM
family dollar has there christmas out in full force lol, my wife thinks it is crazy but she has been selling wrapping paper like crazy already

Pete
10-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I was happy to see the Christmas stuff out at a recent trip to Costco.

I always like to plan my outdoor decorations early, so it helps to see what's new and what they have in general.

Plenty of people buy early, which is why stores put it out there when they do.

oneforone
10-02-2011, 02:35 PM
The lights at Joe Barnes and other parks around the metro are starting go up because it takes several weeks to set up the displays and test out all the lights. Not to mention most cities are not going to pay city workers overtime to set up Christmas Lights. Most of the Christmas Light Displays go live the week of Thanksgiving. All I am willing to bet some people are starting their displays at home as well. I know few people who plan their displays like a military deployment. Everything is planned out to make sure the display goes live on Thanksgiving Weekend without any problems.

North Pole City is in Chrismas mode all year. From what I understand they start immediately after New Years and start planning their displays and what items will be sold starting in September.

Then again the retail holiday year usually goes something like. Valenties Day on the shelf by mid December. Easter on shelf by the first of February. Fourth of July, Mothers Day, Father's Day and summer items out in March. June Back to School. July Halloween. Thanksgiving/Christmas out by no later then end of September. Retailers know now that shopping early is the norm especially for decorations and expensive gifts. I know Westlake was clearancing their Christmas Stuff last year and Christmas was still two weeks away.

metro
10-02-2011, 02:53 PM
What's the big deal, last year they were putting it out July/August. At least they went back to first of Oct this year

RadicalModerate
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
So . . . Why not just leave them up year round?
szLmAPW39uE

MDot
10-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I was sent here by Thunder. :-)

Thunder
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
I just saw the first Kisses commercial of year for Christmas! Its the same one they been using for years.