View Full Version : Arby's Interesting Promotion

ljbab728
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm not normally a big fan of Arby's but last week I happened to get a coupon to get a free regular roast beef sandwich with the purchase of a drink so I stopped in to get one for lunch. The receipt that came back with the meal has a promotion on it. If you go to their website and complete a survey they give you a validation code which you can write on the receipt and take back to Arby's for a free roast beef or beef and cheddar sandwich. I stopped back on Sunday and got my free sandwich with that promotion. They gave me another receipt with the same promotion on it so I got another free sandwich today for lunch. Guess what? They gave me another receipt with the same promotion. It looks like until they drop the promotion you could get a free sandwich for lunch every day. I may get tired of roast beef sandwiches but you can't beat the price.

MDot
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
That's a pretty good deal! Wonder how long it will last.

ljbab728
09-27-2011, 01:35 PM

Maybe until they figure out that all of their business is giving away free food. LOL

MDot
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe until they figure out that all of their business is giving away free food. LOL

I wouldn't consider this a smart business move to keep giving away free food. Lol

kevinpate
09-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Just curious, but what else, if anything, are you purchasing to go along with those free sandwiches?

ljbab728
09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Just curious, but what else, if anything, are you purchasing to go along with those free sandwiches?

The only time I bought something was with the first coupon which required a drink to be purchased. Since then, nada.

RadicalModerate
09-27-2011, 02:22 PM
I was once chided--many years ago--by The Founder of a web-based, upscale, cooking/recipe site for expressing my favorable opinion of what Arby's had to offer.

She said something to the effect: "Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich" = A Platform for The Sauce.

In retrospect, all I can say is what I said then (regarding Arby's): Yup.

If you are going through The Drive-Thru be sure to ask for "extra Horsey Sauce"
It is a Win-Win Situation for all involved.
If you like the taste of horseradish.

The Jamoca Shakes still can't be beat.
The Au Jus on Ciabatta remains a winner.
They used to have Hot Apple Cider when the temperature was below freezing.
The "Cordon Bleu Chicken Sandwich" was the best of its type (a few years ago).
The "Texas Toasters" ain't bad.
The Potato Cakes are preferable to the Curly Fries. (in my opinion)
That "Pepper Sauce" is an interesting alternative to Catsup/Ketchup . . .

It's Arby's . . . Don't forget the Horsey Sauce. =)

Now it's on to my first attempt at "Rachael Ray's Greek Goulash" (including actual ground lamb) and beginning with pitting and chopping the Kalamata Olives for the Gremolata . . . =)

Easy180
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Arbys is damn good for fast food...Usually get a medium and drown it in Arbys sauce but lately I get the cold Angus sandwich...Freaking yummy

Thunder
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Enjoy printing. :-)

http://arbys-coupons.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/arbys-coupons.bmp

http://www.sdshoppe.com/coupons/arbyicetea050509.gif

http://www.freesnatcher.com/images/free_arbys_roastburger.jpg?9d7bd4

http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/arbys-free-curly-fries.jpg

http://www.dealsdango.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/arbys-free-sandwich-coupon.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7qsq9PvZ7NI/TAve5VepwYI/AAAAAAAAQHE/78zub3rXGKY/s1600/arbys-shake-free.png

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXqBm7PAhQYSbZr2NzdPu3r4mKLNh_n YKwschzgV9gejDxsy_-XjceYm4uHA

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o7PazMMXduY/ThU5uJT9flI/AAAAAAAABPE/xR4OYpd0jmI/s1600/Merman-2.jpg

JayhawkTransplant
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Those are all expired...do they not look at expiration dates?

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Those are all expired...do they not look at expiration dates?

Yeah, even the m̶e̶r̶m̶a̶i̶d̶ MANmaid looks "expired."

Better yet, just go to Arbys.com, sign up for their email promotions, they give you a coupon for a free roastbeef as a "thank you" and then you start the whole process without buying anything!

Thunder
09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
It doesn't matter if a coupon is expired. It will still work. I know. :-)

Example - See on the shows how those ladies have stack of binders full of coupons? They save them for months and use them when its time for a massive purchase. Most of those coupons are expired. LOL

MDot
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Most of these expired in 09 Thunder. Lol Thanks though, it gave me a good laugh to see you put all those.. Especially the manmaid.

Larry OKC
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Sometimes expired coupons are honored and sometimes not. Depends on the individual store policy and if the coupon code is still in the computer system. There are a couple of coupons I have been using at Taco Bueno for at least 2 years now. It is a promotion that they run with every batch of coupons so its code has never changed/been taken out. Speaking of Taco Bueno, they had a similar promotion as the Arby's survey one described where you got a free taco (no purchase required) for filling out the survey. After a while, they figured it out and put a limit on one per week/per computer or something.

Also, they know that most people will order SOMETHING else w/the freebie...usually a drink which is one of the highest profit items in any restaurant.

metro
09-27-2011, 09:16 PM
It's not a new promotion, they've done it for years and can afford to do so because so few people take the time to fill out the survey

ljbab728
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
While I'm talking about free food, Taco Cabana is offering anyone one free chicken fajita taco on October 4th between 5PM and 8PM.

MDot
09-27-2011, 09:21 PM
It's not a new promotion, they've done it for years and can afford to do so because so few people take the time to fill out the survey

Lazy lumps. Lol If free food was involved I'd be all over that.

metro
09-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Lazy lumps. Lol If free food was involved I'd be all over that.

Almost every chain does it, How often do you call and do the survey on the back?

Thunder
09-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Subway has one, but for one free cookie. Not worth the effort.

ljbab728
09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Almost every chain does it, How often do you call and do the survey on the back?

And to show you how easy it is, I told a co-worker about it. She got a receipt today for the promotion and when she took it off of the bag it tore off a 4 digit number at the top that you have to enter when doing the survey. I suggested that she just add one number to the one I used and try it. It worked, LOL.

MDot
09-27-2011, 09:43 PM

If you must know, never metro cause I had no clue till the great ljbab728 brought it to light. Also because I don't eat out much. Lol

Thunder
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I got a surprise about an hour earlier. LOL

I went to Sonic and asked for a small burger and small drink, because I was broke and needed something to eat with my med. Told the manager to put up the receipt for record when I bring money to pay for them. He kept saying don't worry about it. When I got back, pulled out the burger, there was $10 in the bag, too. :-O

Its right in front of this screen. I plan to return it along with money for the freebies. This place gets a few hundreds from me monthly. LOL

metro
09-28-2011, 03:55 PM
If you must know, never metro cause I had no clue till the great ljbab728 brought it to light. Also because I don't eat out much. Lol

Exactly my point of why they do it.

MDot
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Exactly my point of why they do it.

True, until someone gets on internet forum and starts talking about it. Lol

metro
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
You'll forget about it in 3 months, probably sooner since it's almost holiday season.

MDot
09-28-2011, 09:01 PM
You'll forget about it in 3 months, probably sooner since it's almost holiday season.

Probably sooner in my case unless this thread stays active.

metro
09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Being an Arby's rheas , I doubt it stays active long

MDot
09-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't eat at Arby's often anyways and when I do I don't normally get roast beef so I guess I'm okay with that.

metro
12-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm not normally a big fan of Arby's but last week I happened to get a coupon to get a free regular roast beef sandwich with the purchase of a drink so I stopped in to get one for lunch. The receipt that came back with the meal has a promotion on it. If you go to their website and complete a survey they give you a validation code which you can write on the receipt and take back to Arby's for a free roast beef or beef and cheddar sandwich. I stopped back on Sunday and got my free sandwich with that promotion. They gave me another receipt with the same promotion on it so I got another free sandwich today for lunch. Guess what? They gave me another receipt with the same promotion. It looks like until they drop the promotion you could get a free sandwich for lunch every day. I may get tired of roast beef sandwiches but you can't beat the price.

So you guys still "abusing" the Arby's system. LOL. Like I mentioned, you'd forget about it in 2 weeks.

I wouldn't consider this a smart business move to keep giving away free food. Lol

MDot
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Like I mentioned, you'd forget about it in 2 weeks.

I see you didn't however. LOL as for your question, no, I don't think I've even been to Arby's since this deal came about. Like I said, I rarely eat out and when I do Arby's isn't one of my first choices. LOL

ljbab728
12-09-2011, 09:35 PM
So you guys still "abusing" the Arby's system. LOL. Like I mentioned, you'd forget about it in 2 weeks.

Actually, yes. I've had two free sandwiches in the last two weeks and I've got another unused free coupon right now.

SoonerDave
12-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Didn't Arby's change hands recently?? I haven't been there in a long time, although it has been one of our family's preferred "haunts" for a quick sandwich until recently. Reason I ask is that I swung by the Arby's on SE 29th the other day and grabbed my old standby, the Roast Chicken Club, and it was awful. Not that it was *prepared* improperly, but it was an entirely different sandwich from what I used to get - the dressing was different, the seasoning was different, heck, even the bun was different, and it frankly just didn't taste very good.

I also noticed they discontinued several of their subs, and they were a really nice roast-beef alternative, so I figured the changes were a direct result of their ownership change. Alas..

Thunder
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Serious. No joke. I just singed out "5 roast beef sandwiches!!!" It was a Christmas commercial. I never see it anymore.