View Full Version : "Phone Scam"

old okie
09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Every so often in today's world where laughs are sometimes hard to find, here's a good one. We have Caller ID, as probably most of you do. This morning when the phone rang, on the Caller ID was a number and the words Phone Scam as the identity of the caller. Needless to say, I was laughing as I answered, got the "this is Rachel from credit card services" garbage, and continued laughing as I hung up, without saying a word...since I already knew it was a "Phone Scam."

Apparently this great scammer intruded on someone who was computer savvy enough to be able to label the number for what it really is---a "phone scam."

Priceless! :LolLolLol Just had to share the laugh.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
You should have kept your cool and answered the phone as an FBI agent informing the caller that a death/murder at the residence was being investigated and that you wanted to ask the caller extensive questions.

MDot
09-26-2011, 10:16 PM
That would've been epic if he would have done that.

RadicalModerate
09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Another fun--and at no cost to you--way to play those calls is to sound real interested for about ten seconds . . . start asking lots of detailed questions . . . then, suddenly pause and say (without waiting for a response from the "caller"): "Can you hang on for a second?....someone is at the door...." then put the receiver down . . . and go on about your business until the call disconnected beep becomes annoying enough to hang up.

I think the record to date 12 minutes.

Bunty
09-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I still can't stand scam calls where no one answers when I say hello.

FritterGirl
09-27-2011, 10:49 AM
We have friends in Ohio that have some sort of voice-command Caller ID service. The phone rings on the caller's end, and you give them a real human name, and then if you are on the "approved" list, the call will go through and be forwarded to our friends home. Otherwise, calls are not even put through.