View Full Version : Gas Prices

Thunder
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I do not know what happened to my Gas Prices thread started a long time ago, so here is a new one.

http://www.koco.com/video/29300546/detail.html

Have anyone been noticing the falling gas prices?! And its still falling!!!

Now, what is the political reasoning behind this?

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
end of world happening, elenin still coming, president ordered to bunker in denver sept 27th, maybe thats why gas prices are going down? or maybe its something else

Thunder
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Well, I hope it goes under $2. The more it drops, the harder it will be to raise it back up much.

MDot
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
We got gas today and it was $3.00 exactly. Might I also add we had to sit almost out in the street for about half an hour before we pulled up to a pump.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
We got gas today and it was $3.00 exactly. Might I also add we had to sit almost out in the street for about half an hour before we pulled up to a pump.

Shouldn't you sit in the car? :-O

ljbab728
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM

I don't understand that. I saw it under $3.00 today with no lines.

venture
09-26-2011, 09:34 PM
The one benefits of economic problems...people stop spending and gas usages goes down. Now if Iraq could get their act together and start producing more we could probably see a few more cents drop off.

MDot
09-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't understand that. I saw it under $3.00 today with no lines.

Well it was at a 7-11 on southside so that might have had something to do with it. Plus there were gas stations down the street where the gas cost $3.16 and $3.19 respectively.

MDot
09-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Shouldn't you sit in the car? :-O

Nah Thunder, it's way cooler to sit in the street while waiting for a gas pump to free up.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Ahhh... 7/11. Social Security payments started to post today. Those are scum customers you were waiting behind. :-)

MDot
09-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Ahhh... 7/11. Social Security payments started to post today. Those are scum customers you were waiting behind. :-)

Trust me, I know. This lady that I was waiting behind went in to pay for her gas but she was in there for 20 minutes shopping at a freakin 7-11. Then she turned around and smiled at us as she got back in her car like it was suppose to be funny or something.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Trust me, I know. This lady that I was waiting behind went in to pay for her gas but she was in there for 20 minutes shopping at a freakin 7-11. Then she turned around and smiled at us as she got back in her car like it was suppose to be funny or something.

You should have given her the bird.

MDot
09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
You should have given her the bird.

I think she got the memo when we all gave her the death stare... Pretty much the same thing as giving the bird but without using any motions. Lol

ou48A
09-26-2011, 10:21 PM
The one benefits of economic problems...people stop spending and gas usages goes down. Now if Iraq could get their act together and start producing more we could probably see a few more cents drop off.

There is great potential in Iraq to produce far more high quality sweet crude.
I have read they could eventually pass Saudi Arab in crude production.
But developing a massive oil field even today can take 10 to 20 years….. and longer in a county with lots of problems

Larry OKC
09-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Yesterday I saw prices ranginf from $2.99 (one of the truck stops at the Ft. Smith junction) with $3.19 right across the street. Saw as high as $3.39 the same day. Not complaining about the falling prices in the least...yet they said on the news that prices are still 85 cents/gallon more than what we were paying a year ago. I haven't looked it up recently to compare oil/gas prices, but given given the price of oil it should be MUCH lower...at least 50 cents/gal lower.

Achilleslastand
09-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Yesterday I saw prices ranginf from $2.99 (one of the truck stops at the Ft. Smith junction) with $3.19 right across the street. Saw as high as $3.39 the same day. Not complaining about the falling prices in the least...yet they said on the news that prices are still 85 cents/gallon more than what we were paying a year ago. I haven't looked it up recently to compare oil/gas prices, but given given the price of oil it should be MUCH lower...at least 50 cents/gal lower.

Your last line holds true. Being what a barrel of oil is going for a gallon of gas should be around 2.65 or so.
Anything to squeeze an extra few cents out of the american people.

venture
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Your last line holds true. Being what a barrel of oil is going for a gallon of gas should be around 2.65 or so.
Anything to squeeze an extra few cents out of the american people.

They have to stock pile cash before their tax breaks get removed. :-P