View Full Version : New waterpark theme park announced

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
the owners of andy alligators announced they are building a multi million dollar waterpark next to andy alligators off indian hills road and I-35!!!! great news

Easy180
09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
That is awesome news...Just across the highway and my oldest will be ready to roll by then

OKCisOK4me
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Is this something that's on par with White Water or WAY better?

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
It is going on 5 acres to start, they said the land size will be smaller then white water, but it will have features that white water does not have, they also said there prices will be cheaper as well, this park will be geared towards family.. andy alligator has info on their facebook as well, here is norman transcript http://normantranscript.com/archive/x43731014/Water-park-coming-to-Norman

Thunder
09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
How many acres are there in total surrounding the 5 acres initially? Lets hope there are plentiful, so they can easily expand as funds permit. This is something that will put White Water Bay to shame as they expand and slowly add thrill rides for the adults. Jesseda, you better take me out there!

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
personally i think this is great news for southside okc metro and the okc metro as well. it shows that we are growing all around even in this economy!!. the warren expanding, a waterpark going in.. it is starting to look really good for moore and norman

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
if you google map it, andy alligator has empty land from marketplace road to indian hills rd between i-35 and36th ave nw... it looks like there is at least 15 more acres undeveloped, and who knows if they buy all the land behind heyday, that would make a good place for a large parking lot and use the other land for future waterpark development.... google map then type andy alligator in

SkyWestOKC
09-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Article says smaller in scale to White Water, also only a 4.5 million dollar expansion. It might be something along the lines of Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark. (not counting the hotel or the indoor setting). Probably 4-5 slides, a pool, canal/river type thing, and some other stuff.

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 08:23 PM
4.5 million to start, this is just the start of it so more money will be going into this venture in the future.. Its going to be really nice, I hope the next phase is to add a indoor waterpark as well. Kyle knows what he is doing this place is going to be great, kyle told me that andy alligator waterpark will be selling season passes when it opens.

Easy180
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Maybe it will force White Water to step up it's game...Haven't done anything to the park since I was a kid

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Article says smaller in scale to White Water, also only a 4.5 million dollar expansion. It might be something along the lines of Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark. (not counting the hotel or the indoor setting). Probably 4-5 slides, a pool, canal/river type thing, and some other stuff., its a new theme park, this doesnt happen every day in the okc area or heck, when was the last time a multi million dollar theme park popped up in okc metro? i looked on google, it looks like it has close to the same amount of land as whitewater

Thunder
09-26-2011, 08:31 PM
SkyWestOKC was just trying to be helpful in illustrating what is exactly to come. People are curious and want to know what they should expect.

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
i know thunder, im just excited that its being built close to me lol, and that we are going to have a new theme park in the okc metro, it shows that okc area is strong, i cant wait to see all the future development that will be going in around Indian hills road due to this new announcement

Thunder
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Every time the name, Indian Hills Road, is brought up, it always remind me of the guy (mom's friend's husband's brother) being road-killed by a huge semi-truck that never blew the horn. That was years ago.

MDot
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm kinda excited for this as well Jesseda, new stuff like this doesn't pop up just every day.

MrZ
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Every time the name, Indian Hills Road, is brought up, it always remind me of the guy (mom's friend's husband's brother) being road-killed by a huge semi-truck that never blew the horn. That was years ago.

What a great non-sequitur post Thunder. Never a dull thread when you are around ;)

SkyWestOKC
09-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Jesseda, I wasn't saying this isn't a win. I'm glad this is happening, was just saying don't expect a White Water Bay right off the bat. Maybe with some later expansion it will be comparable in size, but right now let's not start saying we will have a huge waterpark. That is all I am saying.

Hopefully in the coming weeks/months we will see some renderings!

Thunder
09-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Jesseda, I wasn't saying this isn't a win. I'm glad this is happening, was just saying don't expect a White Water Bay right off the bat. Maybe with some later expansion it will be comparable in size, but right now let's not start saying we will have a huge waterpark. That is all I am saying.

Hopefully in the coming weeks/months we will see some renderings!

You plan to swim there?

SkyWestOKC
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Depends on how it turns out. If it is a kiddy-park then probably not.

venture
09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Heard about this a couple weeks ago and it was in the Transcript last week I think. Definitely good news. This is definitely more in line with the various hotel/water park combos that you see all over the country. I have been shocked that someone else hasn't done this here already. Up north there are cities smaller than OKC with 2-3 of these hotel/water park combos (yes I know this one won't have a hotel)...hopefully this is the start of a trend to get more entertainment venues here.

All in all a good thing for Norman and Moore.

Jesseda
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
wonder if their will be sketches released soon

SkyWestOKC
09-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I wasn't necessarily talking directly to you. I know sometimes things get blown out of proportion on this website.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Venture, this one does have the hotel...more like existing hotel. Packages were already in the work.

SkyWestOKC
09-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I believe venture was referring to on-site hotel, or at least the "across the street" type deal.

OKCisOK4me
09-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Okay, I've seen some sweet waterparks on The Travel Channel and if this isn't anythink like those then this is just local news and only good for those of you that live over that way. It needs to be something that puts OKC metro on the map for more than the memorial or an outlet mall or a canal or basketball games.

venture
09-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Venture, this one does have the hotel...more like existing hotel. Packages were already in the work.

Like what SW said...I'm talking about water park/hotel combos...not the arrangement they have with the Embassy Suites a half mile to a mile away. Google Hotel With Water Parks and you'll get a list of what I'm talking about...
http://themeparks.about.com/od/findindoorwaterparks1/a/indoor-water-parks.htm
http://www.clarionwaterpark.com/index.shtml
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/hd/waterpark-holidome-hotels
http://www.cocokeywaterresort.com/Locations/danvers/index.aspx

OKCisOK4me
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Okay, I've seen some sweet waterparks on The Travel Channel and if this isn't anythink like those then this is just local news and only good for those of you that live over that way. It needs to be something that puts OKC metro on the map for more than the memorial or an outlet mall or a canal or basketball games.

I hate being the last post especially when it needs to be read...

MDot
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I get what venture is talking about. I do hope this starts a trend here in Oklahoma City to build water parks/theme parks along with hotels.

MDot
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM

Especially since there are bigger and better cities than Oklahoma City that have those. Maybe not all of them in one but still there are the same things in better cities.

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 06:40 AM
4 million isn't going to get anything near what White Water is. I'm thinking something a bit larger than what used to be on I-35 years ago. Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35? Had a big hill with a twisting water slide. Looks like something to complement their existing venue.

Martin
09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35?

yep. around se 51st, if i remember right. i don't remember the waterpark's name but the go-cart attraction was called malibu grand prix. -M

Jesseda
09-27-2011, 07:45 AM
4 million isn't going to get anything near what White Water is. I'm thinking something a bit larger than what used to be on I-35 years ago. Anyone else remember the go-carts and water slide that used to be on South I-35? Had a big hill with a twisting water slide. Looks like something to complement their existing venue.

if you look up the history of white water bay, they started out really small as well then grew...
Below is a list of the names of the rides on opening day at whie water bay , and what they are currently named.

Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
if you look up the history of white water bay, they started out really small as well then grew...
Below is a list of the names of the rides on opening day at whie water bay , and what they are currently named.

Great Sea Wave, now known simply as The Wave Pool.
The Twister and The Sidewinder, now known collectively as Swashbuckler Flumes.
Pirate's Cove, currently known as Shipwreck Island.
The Rapids, now known as Keelhaul Falls.
Little Squirts Island, now known as Kids' Kove.

I can't speak for what the future may hold for the new park - I am simply speaking to the immediate post of $4 million for a new waterpark. I don't think that's going to buy what some people here are envisioning.

Jesseda
09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I can't speak for what the future may hold for the new park - I am simply speaking to the immediate post of $4 million for a new waterpark. I don't think that's going to buy what some people here are envisioning.

4.5 million is a good start, andy alligator (Kyle) has been saving for a couple years now to make sure this project gets off the ground with guaranteed funds. I am glad they are thinking realistically instead of bitting of more then they can chew to start with...

shavethewhales
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
$4.5 million will get you a nice zero-entry pool with a few kiddie novelties and a couple of small slides. It won't be anything comparable to White Water, now or ever, and I don't think they plan to or are able to grow it to that level either.

It will however be a very nice addition for the community. We don't necessarily need a massive water park to have fun. The bigger they are the more expensive they are, so a small park like this will enable people to go numerous times over the summer.

It could look something like this:
http://fuellingkaty.com/files/2010/03/cinco-water-park.jpeg

or this:
http://www.ci.port-washington.wi.us/Photos/PiratesHollow/WaterPark.jpg

MDot
09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
There was a water park I use to go to a lot when I was younger in Coppell, TX that looks very similiar to the last picture and it was extremely fun.

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Reminds me of the water park in Midwest City. very popular with parents.

Achilleslastand
09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
There was a water park I use to go to a lot when I was younger in Coppell, TX that looks very similiar to the last picture and it was extremely fun.

You wouldnt be talking about Burger Lake would you by chance? Its actually a spring fed lake in the fort worth area that i spent many a day there as a young whippersnapper.
http://www.burgerslake.com/

MDot
09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
You wouldnt be talking about Burger Lake would you by chance? Its actually a spring fed lake in the fort worth area that i spent many a day there as a young whippersnapper.
http://www.burgerslake.com/

Yes sir that's it. I spent pretty much my entire summers there between the time I was 5 and 10.

Jesseda
09-27-2011, 06:00 PM
if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied.

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 06:43 PM
if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied.

Or, some people are not very realistic. They have no idea what the reach of a future water park will be - but reality says $4 million doesn't buy you anything close to White Water. I'll take realistic over pie in the sky any day.

Easy180
09-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Whatever the hell it is I'm sure my kids will love it so let em pick away

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Funny part is, I didn't read anyone putting down their expansion as a bad or even neutral thing - simply putting it into perspective.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 07:31 PM
They could be bigger more than we think. Don't forget about used rides posted online all the time for fantastic deals. It don't have to be all new. It can be painted (if need to) to appear spanky new. Chill out, guys, just wait to see more on the plans. :-)

In other news, we have a bid from Brian and Jesseda taking Thunder out for a day at the park!

BBatesokc
09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
They could be bigger more than we think. Don't forget about used rides posted online all the time for fantastic deals. It don't have to be all new. It can be painted (if need to) to appear spanky new. Chill out, guys, just wait to see more on the plans. :-)

In other news, we have a bid from Brian and Jesseda taking Thunder out for a day at the park!

Not gonna happen.

MDot
09-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Yeah, let MDot tag along too! :-)

dmoor82
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
I agree with bbatesokc that it will probably turn out to be something like MWC has at first then expand,if it turns out to be something like MWC has it will be a good attraction,everytime I drive by Regional in the Summer that place is packed to the brim!

Thunder
09-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Not gonna happen.

You can't say that. Not now, not ever.

MDot
09-27-2011, 07:49 PM
You can't say that. Not now, not ever.

In the words of Justin Beiber, never say never.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 07:51 PM
Man, how the hell did we get Justin Beiber on this forum. :-(

MDot
09-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Man, how the hell did we get Justin Beiber on this forum. :-(

My silly self invited him in.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
My silly self invited him in.

Yes, cuz you have a HUGE crush on him!

MDot
09-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes, cuz you have a HUGE crush on him!

Haha, psych. I can't stand his little punk arse.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Haha, psych. I can't stand his little punk arse.

Sureeeeeeeeee. ;-)

MDot
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Sureeeeeeeeee. ;-)

;-)

Architect2010
09-27-2011, 08:26 PM
OKC also has two of these mini-water parks in Earlywine and Will Rogers Parks. I remember going to the Earlywine pool when I was a tween, and I enjoyed it. I think recently they've added a third water slide that dwarfs the other two at Earlywine; I wouldn't know about Will Rogers as that is a part of town I don't visit often.

progressiveboy
09-27-2011, 08:29 PM
if its going to be like a community pool/ waterpark community thing, then why are they saying "We will pull guests all the way from Ardmore" it seems it will be a little bit bigger then a community thing lol, but hey it seems like some people on this forum are downers no matter what is coming, I just love when something new is announced, it always gets picked apart and people are never satisfied. I have to agree with you Jesseda. If Disney World and Sea World were to come to OKC or Oklahoma for that matter, there would be people gripping and complaining and would not support it.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
I have to agree with you Jesseda. If Disney World and Sea World were to come to OKC or Oklahoma for that matter, there would be people gripping and complaining and would not support it.

Especially with OKC Zoo's strong history of murdering dolphins. Architect2010 can tell you more about it.

metro
09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Jesseda/progressive boy , I have to disagree with you and agree with BBates. There are those on this forum aren't realists. I'm glad to hear this is coming. The south side really needs something like this and is decades overdue, but to compare it to Whitewater, Great Wolf Lodge or anything of that nature is laughable. $4.5 mil won't buy much these days. This will be a good sized neighborhood pool and nothing more, and that's just fine.

Thunder
09-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Jesseda/progressive boy , I have to disagree with you and agree with BBates. There are those on this forum aren't realists. I'm glad to hear this is coming. The south side really needs something like this and is decades overdue, but to compare it to Whitewater, Great Wolf Lodge or anything of that nature is laughable. $4.5 mil won't buy much these days. This will be a good sized neighborhood pool and nothing more, and that's just fine.

Quoting this to prove him wrong in the near future. :-)