View Full Version : Why is the OU v OSU game schedule & Uniforms

Native Okie
09-26-2011, 12:59 PM
I at first thought it was my imagination, or Mad Cow was kicking in sooner than expected. But apparently for the second year in a row The Sooners will be closing the season in Stillwater. Does anyone know why?
And on a side note what is the deal with the Oregon type uniforms for the cowboys? I hate them.

venture
09-26-2011, 01:21 PM
I think it had to do with no longer being in divisions anymore. Stupid regardless.

MDot
09-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Yeah, it is very silly to play there 2 years in a row even though it has to do with the whole conference mess. Should be playing in Norman even if there is this huge Conference Realignment BS.

But on another note, since OkSt is looking so good this year it's a possibility OkSt could beat OU but if they do they won't snap OU's home winning streak. :-)

BrettM2
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
OSU has to go to Austin for the 2nd straight year, so it isn't just the Bedlam game.

MDot
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
OSU has to go to Austin for the 2nd straight year, so it isn't just the Bedlam game.

Forgot about this. You're right. So basically it's a repeat of last year plus OkSt's 48 uniform combinations.

OKCisOK4me
09-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Jeezzz, it's just scheduling (minus 2 teams) and making it all work out, since now we're not each playing only three teams from the BIG 12-2 North but all of them, which is only one extra now since Nebraska and Colorado are gone and WOW, you really have to complain since OU pretty much has the high road to a MNC?!? We, OSU, still have to go play in Austin and again in Lubbock, so quit ya whining and enjoy the fact that it never really matters where you play us because you'll most likely win anyway (this I hope not but it never matters).

Thunder
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Guys, I know its sad, but look at it this way. When we beat OSU on their home turf, it will hurt them even more. Now, I just hope there will be at least half/half OU fans out there, because fair is fair. We played there last year, and it should have been in Norman this year, so I hope the majority of the tickets are to be sold to OU fans to make it more crimson out there than ugly orange. Anyway, it will be more fun to defeat them on their own turf, then all our OU hawt boys will ride the bus home partying and drinking and...whatever they want to do. LOL

As for OSU's change of color from Black to Gray. That is the most extreme poor business decision on the management level. Gray? LOL The black is so much better. Obviously someone up there is colorblind.

MDot
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
I know I'm in a minority but I like most of OkSt's uniforms. Maybe because there's so many, I'm not sure but for some reason I do like them.

Let the bashing begin.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
*gasps* MDot for the Big Head Cowboy? *gasps* MDot?!?!?!

MDot
09-26-2011, 05:10 PM
No no Thunder, I'm Big Head Horse but I just find the new uniforms interesting. Forgive me Thunder for I have sinned.

Sooner born, Sooner bred, and when I die I'll be Sooner dead Thunder.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 05:13 PM
The same for me. Sooner born, Sooner bred, and Sooner dead. My casket will be Sooner. Wait...that means my death will come sooner. OMG *screams* I'm gonna die!!!

Let me let you in on a secret *sings*

I was an OSU student. :-(

Don't ask how... I didn't know...

MDot
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh Lord. I shalt not judge thee, Thunder, least I be judged.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Not Guilty

Steve, be sure to note that in The Oklahoman.

bluedogok
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
For some unknown reason the Big 12-2-1 schedule makers duplicated some games this season, Tech plays in Norman again this year in addition to OU playing in Stillwater again. Oh well, that means we will be at the OU-Tech game again this season.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Its still not too late to make the correction. I don't see any hardship to change a simple location. Maybe its an error on paper? Stupid schedule makers should be fired.

OKCisOK4me
09-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Its not that simple Thunder.. it has to do with amount of home and away games and the ability for athletic departments to make money off of their fans. All of those opportunities can not swing OUs way all the time. Sorry.

Just the facts
09-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Why does OSU play in Texas again, OU play in Stillwater again, and Tech play in Norman again? Because the University of Texas wanted it that way. It is the best chance for OU , OSU, and Tech to all lose conference games.

MDot
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Why does OSU play in Texas again, OU play in Stillwater again, and Tech play in Norman again? Because the University of Texas wanted it that way. It is the best chance for OU , OSU, and Tech to all lose conference games.

Why do they care about Tech? Lol they had like 2 years of relevancy when Harrell and Crabtree were there.

Just the facts
09-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Why do they care about Tech? Lol they had like 2 years of relevancy when Harrell and Crabtree were there.

Because they might both be competing for 4th place.

MDot
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Because they might both be competing for 4th place.

Haha! Maybe Texas is smarter than we think.