View Full Version : Halloween 2011 "Trick or Treating"

sacolton
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Does anyone know what night Halloween neighborhood trick or treating will be for Edmond? I saw this:

"However, for 2011, Trick-or-Treat activities will be on Monday, October 31st all around the metro."

I hope that's not official. A work night? Can someone please verify?

sacolton
09-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Got got an e-mail from Adam Knapp ...

Trick or treat nights are usually on the 31st, even during the week. Last year was an exception because it fell on a Sunday.

Best,
--
Adam Knapp
Guide to Oklahoma City
http://okc.about.com

Debzkidz
09-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Yep, I've never seen it done on any day but Oct 31, except for last year. In my 50 + years of living, last year was the only time I've ever seen it moved, Sunday or not. But it was the first time I'd been Edmond when it fell on Sunday. Even when I was a kid growing up in Texas, Halloween was just that, Halloween, and also a big family birthday party for myself and my dad!

There will be lots of different events going on that weekend before, I'm sure, but I expect trick or treating on the 31st, as always. For what its worth, in my neighborhood, it usually winds down by 8:30 - 9:00 at the latest. We usually turn our porch lights off around 8:30 or when the candy runs out, whichever comes first.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Some cities might host it on the 29th (Saturday), so there will be lots of confusion all over the country. I have seen it changed twice that I can remember. One was when brother and I went out only to be told by someone in a house that it was over the night before.

Golden Goose Flea Market will have it on the 29th and 30th where all vendors give out candies to kids in costumes carrying the candy bags/buckets.

MDot
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Thunder, I remember going to Crossroads Mall during Holloween when I was still little and doing something very similiar to what y'all are doing over at Golden Goose. Good times.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Me, too. I remember going to a mall, but don't remember which one it was. The only mall time I remember was when I was a clown and brother was a lion. Oh, I remember another time, this one at Heritage Park Mall. Punched a guy there.

MDot
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Thunder is violent.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 03:01 PM
That guy in the costume was either sitting or bent down to our height. He was so motionless, we approached him and touched him, then he started to fright move at us...I punched him in the face. Good thing it wasn't his precious manhood.

MDot
09-26-2011, 03:06 PM
He probably was very thankful you had not.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sure he was. Good for him. He'll be able to..... lol

MDot
09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I understand. Lol

metro
09-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Thunder are you dressing up as a palm tree this year?

Thunder
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Thunder are you dressing up as a palm tree this year?

No. I'm dressing up entirely a female complete with everything. Boobs made possible with balls of yarns!!! Gotta keep it stiff, ya know...not sagging. Oh, gotta tuck my manhood in/downward, cuz females are flat down there, eh. :-)

kevinpate
09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
And here I sat just wondering if you might dress up as a bag of popcorn and show up at metro's place.

Thunder
09-26-2011, 04:44 PM
And here I sat just wondering if you might dress up as a bag of popcorn and show up at metro's place.

That is such a lovely thought! I'll be so tasty when he "eat" me. ;-)

Reno and Walker
09-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't forget about us in Guthrie.. Guthrie Haunts 4524 Riverside Circle Guthrie ok 73044 This is in the Old Harvey's Steakhouse Building. This place has been abandoned and vacant for 20 years. We have a super scary building with kitchens, 5 bathrooms, walk-in coolers... indoor cemetary, and tons more... opens Oct 7-8 only $5 bucks with flyer.. you must have the flyer to get IN !!!! go to Guthrie Haunts on facebook and print flyer.. this is an old school haunted house because we are old and all we know are pre 1985 horror movies!!!

sacolton
09-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Considering that BRICKTOWN HAUNTED WAREHOUSE closed its doors last year ... I may check that out, R&W.

Thunder
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Considering that BRICKTOWN HAUNTED WAREHOUSE closed its doors last year ... I may check that out, R&W.

GOOD BOY!!! The more, the merrier!!!

Reno and Walker
10-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Here is a short youtube video using my phone and a flashlight.. The excorcist girl is amazing, she was everywhere, I was told she has won several drama awards at state competitions.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SDehq9jzI&feature=feedlik

rcjunkie
10-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Here is a short youtube video using my phone and a flashlight.. The excorcist girl is amazing, she was everywhere, I was told she has won several drama awards at state competitions.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2SDehq9jzI&feature=feedlik

There is two threads dedicated to your haunted house, do you really need to hi-jack a third. We get it, you have a haunted house in Guthrie, you want money--enough said.

Thunder
10-19-2011, 03:46 AM
There is two threads dedicated to your haunted house, do you really need to hi-jack a third. We get it, you have a haunted house in Guthrie, you want money--enough said.

Dude, stop being rude to him.

Debzkidz
10-19-2011, 08:02 AM

+1
If I wanted to go to a haunted house, I wouldn't go to this one now, just on principle alone. I'm so sick of hearing about it.

Reno and Walker
10-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow its for charity!!!! We are not making any money on this its all volunteer drama students we only charge $5 bucks..Plus i did not hi jack any threads i was the one who started the thread!!! I am so sorry if I offended you, but really get over it!!

rcjunkie
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow its for charity!!!! We are not making any money on this its all volunteer drama students we only charge $5 bucks..Plus i did not hi jack any threads i was the one who started the thread!!! I am so sorry if I offended you, but really get over it!!

It's a thread about trick or treating---not haunted houses, but really, get over it!!

Thunder
10-19-2011, 06:18 PM
It's a thread about trick or treating---not haunted houses, but really, get over it!!

I told you to stop being rude to him.

Pete, maybe its best to combine all threads (there are at least 4) into one thread, the one I started saying "Halloween 2011."

Reno and Walker
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
All right rc I will keep it to trick or treating lol You and i have gone round and round before..

Reno and Walker
10-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Whats up Thunder!!!! Man I am coming back out to the Goose!!!! Hope you have a good week, some folks on here are just CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Thunder
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Whats up Thunder!!!! Man I am coming back out to the Goose!!!! Hope you have a good week, some folks on here are just CRAZYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Something is wrong with Facebook. I can't seem to send friend request. I'm waiting on one from you, so that I can download the flier. Are we allowed to video our trip?

Reno and Walker
10-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes you can,not a problem

Bunty
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
No. I'm dressing up entirely a female complete with everything. Boobs made possible with balls of yarns!!! Gotta keep it stiff, ya know...not sagging. Oh, gotta tuck my manhood in/downward, cuz females are flat down there, eh. :-)

Too gay. Why do guys, straight or gay, want to dress as female? I haven't done that since the 5th grade when I had to. Back then it was my 5th grade class's turn to put on a show for the school. My teacher thought it would be cute to have the boys put on fem attire and put on a fake fashion show. Doing that sort of thing didn't rub off on me since I couldn't wait for the show to be over, so I could get out of my mother's dress and get the rouge off. It just felt too weird and not much fun. If I dress for Halloween, it will be something male like Dracula or one of the Village People, or some masculine figure from a horror movie..

Reno and Walker
10-24-2011, 06:20 PM
The Village People!!!! How much more gay can you get.. maybe you could score a Hot lesbian if you dressed as a girl.hmmm

BBatesokc
10-25-2011, 09:42 AM
the village people!!!! How much more gay can you get.. Maybe you could score a hot lesbian if you dressed as a girl.hmmm

agreed! :LolLolLol

The wife and I are going to be pirates.