View Full Version : I listened to Kevin Pate.

Thunder
09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Greetings Earthlings

There was a couple of exchanges between Kevin and I on here through the use of an amazing feature, Private Messaging, which is a form of online forum mail system. Okay, so today I decided to just go see my mom and get it done. No, not to commit murder, so calm down now.

I called the house through Relay to alert my brother (his cell has been cut off for a while now), but no luck. So, on the way I went. Such a coincidence, my brother was behind me going down on Sunnylane and went in front of me to follow him to a gas station. I told him that I was going to see mom with the poodle (which you all know him as Taz). He was saying that she will get mad...I replied that she will have to get over it.

Upon our arrival at the house, I sat on the porch with the poodle (Taz) while he went in to let her know that I am outside. With no problem, she came out and immediately took to Taz the poodle. We hugged and apologized. She understood why I had to leave. So we spent quite a while outside with the poodle (playing with him) and talking. She was actually just done cooking Sloppy Joe, so we went in, warmed up the Sloppy Joe, and ate. Then a long visit just talking and playing with the poodle.

Basically, we are good now and just moving on. She did asked if I planned to go to the Great State Fair of Oklahoma (tomorrow is Deaf Day there). No, I'm watching my money (just ask Brian Bates how much money people tend to spend. lol). We decided not to go out there this year.

Kevin, I did listen to you and I also want to thank you for being another person there for me to rant, rant, and rant.

Pete
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Good news, Thunder.

I know family problems can be tough and complicated but you only have one mom. Credit to you for making the effort.

Perhaps a little distance will help you guys maintain a decent relationship.

Roadhawg
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Good job on making the first move and I'm glad it turned out well !!!

Thunder
09-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah. I should be able to sleep more peacefully now. Its hard to explain the dreams I've been having. :-O

I told her to come up to the market for a visit this Saturday. She was somewhat afraid, because of everyone knowing what was happening. I said to her... "If you don't come up, I'll come down to get you." lol Told her to come up and see Taz wear his BOOMER SOONER hat. I forgot to bring it with him. heh

She was surprised at what I'm planning to do with my store...fish business. I explained to her how profitable a fish store can be, especially not having overhead costs and payroll costs that will allow me to be frightening competitive against other local fish stores (exclude big-box retailers).

Larry OKC
09-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Thunder: Good to hear!

kevinpate
09-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Good on you laddie. It was all you, though I appreciate your kind nod.

USG'60
09-22-2011, 05:59 AM
Great news, "little" brother. It will be easier for you both not living together.

Bill Robertson
09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Good job! It can really be hard to be the first to reach out.

PennyQuilts
09-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Takes a big man to make the first move, Thunder. I am so glad it went well. Taking things one step at a time seems like a good plan.