View Full Version : Old Harry's location to become...

dalelakin
09-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Tony's Island Grill?

Is what the word on Facebook is and this place has several other restaurants in OKC?

Good Egg group or??

jbkrems
09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
What location is this, in Yukon off Garth Brooks Blvd or off Hwy 152 in Mustang ? And why did Harry's close ???

dalelakin
09-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Location off of 152 in Mustang. Sorry I am unaware of why they closed.

jarrington00
09-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I think Harry's closed for several reason's:

1) There food, menu and service was awful.
2) Mustang for some reason can not support any local (non-fastfood) food establishment.

I wish the new establishment the best of luck, but unless they have the following they don't stand a chance:
1. A great menu and wine/beer list (Harry's was the only family restaurant in Mustang that served wine).
2. Must have great food/service. Duh.

jbkrems
09-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Dale, what do you know about "Tony's Island Grill," and do you know for sure if this is a Good Egg Group concept ???

mark
09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
luigianos doesn't serve wine?

dalelakin
09-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Copied and pasted from the City of Mustang Facebook page...

"Just thought I would say the little bird is correct it is "Tony's Island Grill"
hope to open Mid-Oct to first of November, it will have burgers, steaks,
carribbean chicken--island theme. We have been in the restaurant business
40+ years. Looking forward to Mustang, I have lived here for 26 year and the
manager coming to run and be a partner graduated from Mustang High,
look for us on Facebook"

kelly73099
09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm 99% sure this is NOT a Good Egg venture. I *think* this is from people behind Henry Hudson's. The menu has been compared to Louie's.

ljbab728
09-23-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm 99% sure this is NOT a Good Egg venture. I *think* this is from people behind Henry Hudson's. The menu has been compared to Louie's.

I think you're right. I just heard a few days ago from a co-worker who does business with the "retired" former Heny Hudson's owners that they had just jumped back into the business with an opportunity to buy a restaurant. I didn't ask what restaurant but this must be it.

jbkrems
09-24-2011, 04:16 PM
According to the Tony's Island Grill facebook page, they are owned by the Parker Family... that's NOT a Good Egg Group concept.

Dustin
09-24-2011, 05:36 PM
The old NW Expressway location was the best! I wish they would bring it back.

OU Adonis
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
It is being opened by Tony Parker(and I assume his family). He has been the GM of several local Henry Hudsons.

MDot
09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
It is being opened by Tony Parker(and I assume his family). He has been the GM of several local Henry Hudsons.

Tony Parker the basketball player? (I kid)

ljbab728
11-01-2011, 10:06 PM
The owner was in my office about a week ago. They are customers of my boss. She had invited my boss to a preopening event which I believe was last week. My boss wasn't able to attend though. I don't get to Mustang often now, even though I used to live there. Is it open yet and, if so, does anyone have any comments?

timw61
11-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Lunch, Sunday around 1130. It took 10 minutes before we were asked what we wanted to drink. 25 minutes before we were served VERY rare burgers (we ordered medium well). Said the wait was do to them putting my wife's soup in a bowl instead of a cup. Never going back. LOTS to be said about first impressions.

ljbab728
11-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Lunch, Sunday around 1130. It took 10 minutes before we were asked what we wanted to drink. 25 minutes before we were served VERY rare burgers (we ordered medium well). Said the wait was do to them putting my wife's soup in a bowl instead of a cup. Never going back. LOTS to be said about first impressions.

I hope you expressed your concerns to to the management.

ljbab728
01-13-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't get to Mustang often any more but had to go for an appointment yesterday. I had been given a gift certificate for Tony's so I tried it out before going home. All of the food was good although nothing exceptional and prices were average. I was very impressed, however, with the service. The employees were extremely friendly and helpful. My tip was more generous than usual.

metro
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Tony's Island Grill?

Is what the word on Facebook is and this place has several other restaurants in OKC?

Good Egg group or??
That's funny. Good Egg Group would never name something as stupid as Tonys Island Grill, and I'd be surprised if they ever put something in Yukon or Mustang. This is definitely not a Good Egg Group restaurant.

ljbab728
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
That's funny. Good Egg Group would never name something as stupid as Tonys Island Grill, and I'd be surprised if they ever put something in Yukon or Mustang. This is definitely not a Good Egg Group restaurant.

That's certainly an elitist comment if I've ever heard one, metro. (Obviously Mustang and Yukon don't deserve anything as upscale as a Good Egg Group restaurant). But as I mentioned before, the owners were involved previously with Henry Hudsons.

metro
01-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Not elitist, just realistic. Heck, you've got other posters on here talking about how Mustang barely supports anything that's not a fast food chain. The Mustang/Yukon crowd just wouldnt support a fine dining establishment with quality, local food. If there were a market for it, someone would be doing it.

ljbab728
01-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Not elitist, just realistic. Heck, you've got other posters on here talking about how Mustang barely supports anything that's not a fast food chain. The Mustang/Yukon crowd just wouldnt support a fine dining establishment with quality, local food. If there were a market for it, someone would be doing it.

Your comment was that you doubted that they would "ever" put something in Yukon or Mustang. "ever" is a very long time. There are many upscale housing additions in that area and it is still building rapidly. It may be a few years but fine dining will happen there.

kelly73099
01-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Actually, I agree with you re: Good Egg, however, I think Hensley's in Yukon is doing well in the semi fine dining/quality ingredient genre. It's certainly one of my favorites. There are definitely things there that would compare favorably with Cheevers.

justjeff
03-28-2012, 12:33 PM
I have been there (3) times, worse the Harrys. I wont be back.