View Full Version : Dish Network

Roadhawg
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Anybody else having problems with Dish? Mine says complete signal loss. Good luck getting through to support... line has been busy and I'm number 1200 on the chat que lol

WilliamTell
09-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Signal lost here in choctaw. Using antenna.

MDot
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
My mom's boyfriend lost his as well. Wonder what the deal is.

Roadhawg
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
ok... glad to know it's not just me... good chance to watch some of the stuff I put on DVR

Thunder
09-13-2011, 04:15 PM
One solution.

Cox Communication

Tydude
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
One solution.

Cox Communication

Thunder there are some people who can't get cable if they lived in a country

Tydude
09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
One solution.

Cox Communication
Thunder some people can't get cable if there lived in the country or a small town in Oklahoma

ctchandler
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I live one mile East of I-35 around Hefner and Cox is not available.
C. T.

venture
09-13-2011, 04:37 PM
One solution.

Cox Communication

As others have said...many don't have the choice of Cox. I personally have DirecTV after giving Cox a try twice...never going back. I do have Cox for internet, but it is a business line and I refuse to go to DSL.

Thunder
09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
As others have said...many don't have the choice of Cox. I personally have DirecTV after giving Cox a try twice...never going back. I do have Cox for internet, but it is a business line and I refuse to go to DSL.

DirecTV is another solution. :-D

WilliamTell
09-13-2011, 04:55 PM
One solution.

Cox Communication

HAHAHAHAHA.

I've had cox for the majority of my life and never again. I've also had uverse for a period of time and although its better the customer service in east india was infuriating regardless of how many 20 dollar gift cards they offered me. For the last two years we've had dish and besides today i think we've lost service for 5-10 minutes 3 times and it was always during spring storm season. I'll give them a grace period, its not the end of the world. But if this goes on for a few days with out an automatic credit then they might fall from grace in my eyes.

FRISKY
09-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Dish says satellite 129 is down since 3pm, but you should be able to pick up SD signals from satellites 110 and 119. (Some of the same channels as 129, but standard def only...not HD.)

They also said it "might" be fixed around 11:00pm.

venture
09-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Hmm satellite stops working? Maybe there is another cause instead of programming...

http://hopeliesat24framespersecond.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/111.png

Thunder
09-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I am going to have to agree with Venture. This could possibly mean something is going on in Space.

Btw, how to they fix satellites? Are they able to go up into space at anytime and quickly? I know NASA take forever to launch and when they launch, its like a big deal. But, just wondering about all the other launches that we never know about.

MikeOKC
09-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I am going to have to agree with Venture. This could possibly mean something is going on in Space.

Btw, how to they fix satellites? Are they able to go up into space at anytime and quickly? I know NASA take forever to launch and when they launch, its like a big deal. But, just wondering about all the other launches that we never know about.

For manned missions, there's now only two active launching programs: Soyuz and Shenzhou. A damned shame, too.

venture
09-14-2011, 01:05 AM

Oh I should have known better. LOL It was a joke Thunder. :)

They will likely fix it through programmers on the ground. If the satellite stops working, they have to launch another or use someone else. NASA does, and assists with, many unmanned launches that happen pretty frequently. As far manned though...Mike hit it on the nose. The US is no longer able to send a man into space right now.

Thunder
09-14-2011, 01:36 AM
So, why is it that we have daily launches into space that is controlled by computers and robots, but can't send a man up there? What is up with that? Astronauts make so much money that it causes great hardship on budget or something?

MikeOKC
09-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Can't sleep. Saw this story from CNN about DISH:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/14/tech/gaming-gadgets/dish-network-outage/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Thunder
09-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Mikey, that is 14 million angry customers. The aftermath really showed the severity of Americans' problem with obesity and poor health. Watching televisions seem to be their whole life and without it, they panic in a record-breaking way that cockroaches can never beat with the brightest light bulb. I bet 99% of them will demand a full month refund/credit. We could say that this fortunately happened after Ms. Universe sensation or else the entire pageant could have came to a screeching halt.

FRISKY
09-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Amateur astronomers spotted a small UFO close to satellite 129 just before it went down...

The government has since issued a statement that one of their weather balloons got loose and accidently "bumped" satellite 129.

HewenttoJared
09-14-2011, 06:58 AM
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-i-can-explain-that.jpg

FRISKY
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
It seems satellite 129 was in synchronous orbit directly over area-51 when the UFO took it out. Coincidence?

Just the facts
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Mikey, that is 14 million angry customers. The aftermath really showed the severity of Americans' problem with obesity and poor health. Watching televisions seem to be their whole life and without it, they panic in a record-breaking way that cockroaches can never beat with the brightest light bulb. I bet 99% of them will demand a full month refund/credit. We could say that this fortunately happened after Ms. Universe sensation or else the entire pageant could have came to a screeching halt.

It just goes to show that if someone talks long enough they will say something I agree with. There is a reason TVs cost a thousand dollars and people pay over $100 month to watch it.

Roadhawg
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM
It seems satellite 129 was in synchronous orbit directly over area-51 when the UFO took it out. Coincidence?

I think not

OKCTalker
09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I use both Cox & AT&T - Cox at home and office, and AT&T at two business locations that aren't served by Cox. I'll take Cox over AT&T any day: Service, rates, customer support, options, etc. Cox could be much better to be sure, but it's the best of the two.

kevinpate
09-14-2011, 10:35 AM
to each their own. never much wanted to mess with a dish. I left cox two years back for att and have no regrets

Martin
09-14-2011, 10:36 AM
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/memes-i-can-explain-that.jpg

+1 internets to you, good sir. -M

Jim Kyle
09-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Btw, how to they fix satellites? Are they able to go up into space at anytime and quickly? I know NASA take forever to launch and when they launch, its like a big deal. But, just wondering about all the other launches that we never know about.Depends on how high up they are. They've fixed Hubble a couple of times. However, the TV satellites are in "geosynchronous" orbit, meaning that they stay essentially parked right over the same spot all the time. That's necessary so that we know where they are to point our dishes at them. To get that to happen, they have to be almost exactly 23,300 miles above the earth. That's far too high for anything like a shuttle or Soyuz to reach. No fix for them is possible; just replace when you run out of spare channels to use.

skyrick
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
We lost all of our Dish HD here in TX last night too. It was fine @ 5:30 when I left for the Rangers game; all ausgediecht when I got home @ 10:30. All channels were restored this morning 5:45 when I turned the TV on for the weather report (102 today for a new record surpassing 1980; 71 days over 100 degrees!)

stick47
09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Wasted bandwidth to argue over providers when we should be calling congress to task for failing to force ala carte programming.

HewenttoJared
09-14-2011, 04:50 PM
A la carte programming would probably kill everything I watch besides the daily show. : (