View Full Version : My American Wave.....

SoonerQueen
09-09-2011, 10:12 PM
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving now
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And For Those Who Are Still Fighting
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU AMERICAN HEROES for KEEPING US SAFE! "9-11" GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN! God Bless America and God Bless the World!!!♥~~

SoonerQueen
09-09-2011, 11:33 PM
This didn't post very well. I tried to remove it, but no luck.

Thunder
09-10-2011, 12:13 AM
It still look beautiful.

Larry OKC
09-10-2011, 05:34 AM
try this:

✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving now
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU AMERICAN HEROES for KEEPING US SAFE!
"9-11" GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN! God Bless America and God Bless the World!!!♥~~

Thunder
09-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Larry, when did our flag went down to 20 stars and 7 stripes?

venture
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Larry, when did our flag went down to 20 stars and 7 stripes?

Why are you asking Larry? That is SoonerQueen's graphic...he just made the formatting stick.

Thunder
09-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Why are you asking Larry? That is SoonerQueen's graphic...he just made the formatting stick.

But I don't know what SoonerQueen's graphic was. Its not shown.

Barry Luxton
09-10-2011, 09:44 AM
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country ✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past ☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving now
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU AMERICAN HEROES for KEEPING US SAFE! "9-11" GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN! God Bless America and God Bless the World!!!♥~~

http://i.imgur.com/t2KB3.gif Barry Luxton likes this.

venture
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
But I don't know what SoonerQueen's graphic was. Its not shown.

Look at the first post? It is all there, just the spacing is off. Not really a graphic...more ANSI art, but whatever. lol

Thunder
09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
All I see is blank. :-(

SoonerQueen
09-10-2011, 12:28 PM
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ If You're Proud To Be An American Wave
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ This Flag In Honor Of The Fallen Men
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ And Women Who Served Our Country
✰✰✰✰✰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who have served in the past
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ For those who are serving now
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰ THANK YOU AMERICAN HEROES for KEEPING US SAFE!
"9-11" GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN! God Bless America and God Bless the World!!!♥~~

This looks much better. Thank you Larry.

Larry OKC
09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
SoonerQueen: you are welcome & well done

Thunder: don't know what to tell you if my version shows up for you and the original showed up "blank". The only change I made was to force a line break to get the stars & bars part to line up correctly. With out much effort one could get the correct number of stars & stripes but to get the stars in staggered spacing and maintain an even stripe edge might be more of a challenge. That said it is abstract in nature.

on edit, the number of stripes is correct, there are a total of 13 (7 dashed "stripes" & 6 white "stripes")

on edit edit: even if you resolve the staggered star spacing, there is a matter of 9 rows of stars fitting into 7 rows of stripes. Sometimes you do the best you can within the medium. I found a flag that had staggered stars but there were way too many. LOL

HewenttoJared
09-12-2011, 10:49 AM
http://freethoughtblogs.com/xblog/2011/09/11/generation-911-history-will-be-embarrassed-by-us/

Somewhat in line with my own thoughts. How many lives did our inadequate health coverage take in 2001? Why aren't we scared of that?