View Full Version : Baylor and the SEC

SoonerQueen
09-06-2011, 05:18 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/SoonerQueen/15roc39.gif

Thunder
09-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Baylor do not belong in the SEC. Honestly, Baylor do not belong in any conferences. However, the BIG 12 was kind enough to allow them to coexist with the big boys. lol I swear, watching any Baylor games, it is very depressing since they always have more empty seats than filled. :-/

dmoor82
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I agree that the Baylor football team has been lackluster over the years and I know that football easily beats out all other sports revenue wise,but Baylor does have a decent atheletic program and it's football team has put out some decent squads as of late!Did anyone watch Baylor beat TCU?

bluedogok
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Baylor belongs in Conference USA with schools similar to them, Tulsa, SMU, Houston, UTEP are good companions in the C-USA West for them. They should be able to compete for the conference championship every year in football and win a bunch in their other sports that have greatly improved over time.

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Believe it or not, there's more to the conference arrangements than athletics. Baylor has added much needed heft to the Big 12 academically. The Baylor College of Medicine is one of the best in the country.

semisimple
09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Believe it or not, there's more to the conference arrangements than athletics. Baylor has added much needed heft to the Big 12 academically. The Baylor College of Medicine is one of the best in the country.

Indeed it is, but the Baylor College of Medicine is not affiliated with Baylor University. BU itself is nothing special relative to the rest of the Big 12 schools, and way below UT and A&M on the totem pole.

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Indeed it is, but the Baylor College of Medicine is not affiliated with Baylor University. BU itself is nothing special relative to the rest of the Big 12 schools, and way below UT and A&M on the totem pole.

I honestly never knew that Baylor College of Medicine was a private school and unaffiliated to the university. Thanks for the information. I guess Baylor isn't what I thought it was without BCM.

College football has lost its luster for me since it so discriminates against white players. The age of the "special admission" is upon us and the 90%+ white student body at OU is "represented" by almost 80% black players (77% of that 80% at OU are "special admits" - meaning they wouldn't be at OU without the athletic waiver).

So many are afraid to talk about this, but it's unfair and rather comical. The SEC schools are even worse. Boise State and BYU are, at least, far more representative of their student bodies and zero "special admissions."

When you have a kid in high school playing a so-called "skill position" and nobody recruits him because he's white - that's unfair. And it happens all the time.

I get called "racist" for simply pointing out things that the PC culture has decided is not worth talking about. In fact, they'll tell you it's not even right to think about. Just keep on filling our stadiums.

Barry Luxton
09-06-2011, 08:58 PM
College football has lost its luster for me since it so discriminates against white players. The age of the "special admission" is upon us and the 90%+ white student body at OU is "represented" by almost 80% black players (77% of that 80% at OU are "special admits" - meaning they wouldn't be at OU without the athletic waiver).

So many are afraid to talk about this, but it's unfair and rather comical. The SEC schools are even worse. Boise State and BYU are, at least, far more representative of their student bodies and zero "special admissions."

When you have a kid in high school playing a so-called "skill position" and nobody recruits him because he's white - that's unfair. And it happens all the time.

I get called "racist" for simply pointing out things that the PC culture has decided is not worth talking about. In fact, they'll tell you it's not even right to think about. Just keep on filling our stadiums.

I know, right?! When are us white folks ever gonna catch a break?

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 09:02 PM
I know, right?! When are us white folks ever gonna catch a break?

Pretend what is - is not. Is that the answer? One-liners like yours sound good, but you're ignoring the facts and the racist attitudes by coaching staffs against white players at the "skill positions" (except QBs of course).

mcca7596
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I was just thinking this past weekend that you never see white players in the secondary especially. You will see some white wide receivers and running backs, but hardly ever any at Safety or Corner. No more Jason Sehorns...

Just the facts
09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I would think coaches want the best player for each position, regardless of skin color. BTW Mike, a quota system like you seem to be in favor of (the football demographics matching the university demographics) IS descrimination. In fact - it is the definition of it.

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I would think coaches want the best player for each position, regardless of skin color. BTW Mike, a quota system like you seem to be in favor of (the football demographics matching the university demographics) IS descrimination. In fact - it is the definition of it.

But then you're saying that blacks are better than whites at these positions? Be careful - because whites aren't allowed to say that either. I don't want a quota system - I want something to look like our school and quit bringing in "special admissions" to represent our student bodies. In other words, quit the pretense that these are "student athletes."

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 09:14 PM
At least someone has the guts to report about this kind of thing...

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2011/09/college_footbal.php

CuatrodeMayo
09-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Hardly a reputable source...wow.

OMG...the comments...

mcca7596
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
OMG... it's so horrible to even DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITY OF reverse discrimination lol

Thunder
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I've always thought while growing up that football was for whites and basketball was for blacks. lol

Just the facts
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
But then you're saying that blacks are better than whites at these positions? Be careful - because whites aren't allowed to say that either. I don't want a quota system - I want something to look like our school and quit bringing in "special admissions" to represent our student bodies. In other words, quit the pretense that these are "student athletes."

No, I am saying person A is better at position Z, then person B is. I don't care what their skin color is. As for 'student athlete', I had an interesting conversation with one of the other dads at football practice the other day. He suggested the creation of a new major - Professional Athlete. I thought it was a very interesting idea and kicked around some ideas about the curriculum. Classes in professional athlete contracts, endorsement ethics, coaching, officiating, role model 101, fan appreciation, interview/press conference, rules of the game, life after the game, mathematics for athletes, finance for athletes, etc...

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
OMG... it's so horrible to even DISCUS THE POSSIBILITY OF reverse discrimination lol

Exactly. By thinking about it, we might talk about it - people start really talking about it - that's bad. Racist, don't you know!

By the way, I agree many of the comments on that article are way over the top. But a lot of people are angry these days. I see comments like that rated tops at CNN and the like.

Oh, JTF, the classes today are jokes. At the University of Georgia with 'clustering' they cluster the "special admits" in majors like 'Housing'. Seriously. How to fill out apartment applications, how to get rental insurance. A college major. It's all a joke. Just let these schools opt out of the university system and let them become farm clubs for the NFL, and/or pay the players for P/T semi-professional status. The whole idea of the "student athlete" is one big joke.

mcca7596
09-06-2011, 10:09 PM

OMG...the comments...

Before you edited it, I thought you were talking about the comments on here. My apologies...

CuatrodeMayo
09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
No worries.

Just the facts
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
OMG... it's so horrible to even DISCUSS THE POSSIBILITY OF reverse discrimination lol

Reverse discrimination, what is that? I am an individualist so to me reverse discrimination is when I discriminate against some person and then later, that same person discriminates against me. Now I will admit, when I was selecting a spouse I only picked from women, and of course my wife only selected from men, so in that case reverse discrimination worked out well for me.

MikeOKC
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM

OMG...the comments...

AmRen sticks to the study of current events and how they relate to white people (European-Americans). God forbid. They are not KKK, white supremacist or anything of the kind. How the issues relate to whites. Period. Is there something really wrong with that? The NAACP, Al Sharpton and many other groups do so for blacks, La Raza and others do it for Mestizos. But, God forbid if an organization tracks how issues relate to whites and how our changing demographics effect the country. Thinking there is something wrong with that is what's hypocritical and racist.

mcca7596
09-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Reverse discrimination, what is that? I am an individualist so to me reverse discrimination is when I discriminate against some person and then later, that same person discriminates against me. Now I will admit, when I was selecting a spouse I only picked from women, and of course my wife only selected from men, so in that case reverse discrimination worked out well for me.

Ok, I won't use a euphemism. Namely, "reverse discrimination" is discrimination against Non-Hispanic Whites in my observation.

If you want to get down to it being an individual occurrence, then throw out the "reverse" part and call it what it is: white discrimination. Using your logic, I never had a hand personally in the atrocities committed against African-Americans in the past, so how would it be reverse?

Just the facts
09-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Ok, I won't use a euphemism. Namely, "reverse discrimination" is discrimination against Non-Hispanic Whites in my observation.

If you want to get down to it being an individual occurrence, then throw out the "reverse" part and call it what it is: white discrimination. Using your logic, I never had a hand personally in the atrocities committed against African-Americans in the past, so how would it be reverse?

That is correct - only a true collectivist would see 'skin type A' descriminating against 'skin type B'. We have to move beyond that. If you want to dislike person A fine, but do it because person A is a bad person, not because he has a different skin type.

Jim Kyle
09-07-2011, 07:00 AM
But then you're saying that blacks are better than whites at these positions? Be careful - because whites aren't allowed to say that either. I don't want a quota system - I want something to look like our school and quit bringing in "special admissions" to represent our student bodies. In other words, quit the pretense that these are "student athletes."Remember when one of the top networks fired Jimmy the Greek for saying, in public, what was behind it all? "Political correctness" is a great example of "1984" in action...

Just the facts
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Remember when one of the top networks fired Jimmy the Greek for saying, in public, what was behind it all? "Political correctness" is a great example of "1984" in action...

Remember when Rush was fired for saying Donovan McNabb was an average quarterback but the media hyped him up because he was black.

Swake2
09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
At least someone has the guts to report about this kind of thing...

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2011/09/college_footbal.php

That's a sick website. It's just two steps from the clan, very racist.

Jersey Boss
09-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Remember when one of the top networks fired Jimmy the Greek for saying, in public, what was behind it all? "Political correctness" is a great example of "1984" in action...

For those of you who were not around over 20 years ago this is what got Jimmy fired:

"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way — because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs. This goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trading, the owner — the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Nothing about the mention of being PC. Plenty to do with being a jerk and being inapproptiate. A major corporation whose primary business is selling to as many consumers as possible did the right thing. Your attempt at revisionism is shameful.

Jim Kyle
09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Nothing about the mention of being PC. Plenty to do with being a jerk and being inapproptiate. A major corporation whose primary business is selling to as many consumers as possible did the right thing. Your attempt at revisionism is shameful.So telling it as it was, rather than the way our culture has glossed over it, is "revisionism"??? I suggest you read Barry Switzer's book "Bootlegger's Boy" wherein he tells exactly why he recruited the people he did, to rebuild Bud Wilkinson's powerhouse in Norman.

I'll leave it up to the rest of the readers to decide who's doing revisionism here. I was brought up in a very Jim Crow atmosphere and never knew a black person face to face until I got to Korea when the shooting was still going on. I learned there that the color of a person's skin has nothing at all to do with the color of his character; is that "revisionism" also? Even the word "discrimination" has been turned inside out by political correctness; long ago, it was considered a good thing to discriminate between right and wrong...

But thanks for posting the quote; Jimmy wasn't very elegant in his phrasing, but he certainly hit the nail on the head when it came to describing the actions of many of the slave masters.