View Full Version : To Catch a Criminal

Thunder
09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
Or two.

I had someone approaching me today asking if I can investigate and discover the address(es) of these two criminals whom recently stole from her. So, how should I do this? I know there are sites out there that will reveal everything about a person for a price. Which one is trustworthy, reliable, and accurate? It looks like I was called upon to be a PI.

HewenttoJared
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Don't do this, Thunder.

SkyWestOKC
09-03-2011, 09:44 PM
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

BBatesokc
09-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Thunder, in Oklahoma you have to be CLEET licensed to do private investigative work.

That said, if this person was the victim of a crime then the police would work to reveal the identities of the criminals. Why would she send up the Thunder Bat Signal instead of having the police do their job?

Bostonfan
09-04-2011, 08:00 AM
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

Triple that.........jeez, it's beyond ridiculous what this guy comes up with.

Thunder
09-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Thunder, in Oklahoma you have to be CLEET licensed to do private investigative work.

That said, if this person was the victim of a crime then the police would work to reveal the identities of the criminals. Why would she send up the Thunder Bat Signal instead of having the police do their job?

Learn something new every day. Too many people expect so much from me and they just keep on coming asking me for this and that. Brian, are you saying that those sites available online to look up anyone is not legal in Oklahoma?

BBatesokc
09-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Learn something new every day. Too many people expect so much from me and they just keep on coming asking me for this and that. Brian, are you saying that those sites available online to look up anyone is not legal in Oklahoma?

No, those sites are legal and for the most part useless. They have no secret access to information. They tend to just archive public records and are all run by one of about 4 companies that advertise under all different names.

There are sites that require you to provide your PI license information and copies of your bond/insurance and they give you access to information on anyone. They charge either by the search, type of information or even by the minute. Usually a comprehensive background runs about $70. Basic $12-25.

Thunder
09-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Okay, I will let her know.