View Full Version : US 1940's medical experiments

ljbab728
08-31-2011, 12:31 AM
The "mad" German scientists evidently had no corner on inhuman experiments during the World War II era.

http://news.yahoo.com/panel-reveals-details-1940s-experiment-012040543.html

Eric
08-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Germans did not have the market cornered on genocide either. Try doing a little research on that and it will blow your mind. Progressives are a scary bunch when left to their own devices. They don’t teach history like that in school.

HewenttoJared
08-31-2011, 08:37 AM
What history do they teach in school? Or better yet, what biology did they teach in your school?

HewenttoJared
08-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Ethics education is pretty prominent in the sciences now.

MustangGT
08-31-2011, 08:51 AM
It was not even an afterthought back then. The Tuscogee Syphillis Experiements, the eugenics trials at Grifffin Memorial, routine frontal lobotomies are mental hospitals everywhere. All across the world this went on.

Eric
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Ethics education is pretty prominent in the sciences now.

Ethics education is included in virtually every field of study; it still does not stop terribly unethical things from occurring. It just makes us feel like we are trying.

The history they do not teach is how terrible the progressive party was at the turn of the century. For it is because of the progressives that we have public education. They needed a way to “educate” the masses in their ways. What better way?

The biggest problem they faced was believing they knew better when it came to everything (like some people I know). Progressivism has heaped some of the most evil things on this country.

HewenttoJared
08-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Public education bad. Got it.

BDK
08-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Ethics education is included in virtually every field of study; it still does not stop terribly unethical things from occurring. It just makes us feel like we are trying.

The history they do not teach is how terrible the progressive party was at the turn of the century. For it is because of the progressives that we have public education. They needed a way to “educate” the masses in their ways. What better way?

The biggest problem they faced was believing they knew better when it came to everything (like some people I know). Progressivism has heaped some of the most evil things on this country.

I'm unsure of your point or what you're attempting to assert with such vague language and complete lack of facts. I do know that progressivism brought us female suffrage, national parks, and fair labor standards, though.

HewenttoJared
08-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Over 50 trillion in savings from just one act.. http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/solutions/big_picture_solutions/methodology-for-ucs-clean-air-act-ticker.html

And how many millions have been saved by those damn progressives and their vaccines?

betts
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
And here I thought it was the regressives who were responsible for all our problems. Thanks for clearing that up. Give me child labor back, lack of inspection of food supplies and all that good stuff too.

I'll stick with saying there are bad people in the world who don't care about their fellow man, and those people affiliate themselves with every conceivable party and political movement, anywhere in the world.

Questor
08-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Check out this list of unethical human experiments in the US from the turn of last century up through the 1970s... It will blow your mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_Stat es

Questor
08-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Also, it's never mentioned, but we didn't just get Nazi rocket scientists after the war. Look into books about Operation Paperclip... It's pretty clear that we got some of their medical scientists too.