View Full Version : Help The Oklahoman

Jay
04-01-2005, 11:20 PM
This was emailed to me today. I know this may violate TOS but, since many of us do borrow articles from newsok.com. The least we could do is keep our eyes open and report anything suspicious to the police. If any of you know info that could help The Oklahoman call crimestoppers at 235-7300.

Oklacity75

Reward!
We Need Your Help and are Willing to Pay for It!

The Oklahoman has recently experienced a rash of stolen vending machines and is offering a $750 reward for information leading to the apprehension and arrest of anyone responsible for the theft of newspaper vending machines.

Theft of this equipment is considered grand larceny, which is a Felony under State Statute 21-1705 and punishable by one year in county jail and a $5,000 fine.

The newspaper is also offering a $50 reward for information leading to the recover of any stolen machines.

Please contact the newspaper at 475-3287 or Oklahoma City Crime Stoppers at 235-7300 if you have any information regarding the thefts and / or recovery of an Oklahoman newspaper vending machine.

http://www.newsok.com/article/1460835/ (http://www.newsok.com/article/1460835/)

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Well contrary to popular belief I don't think anyone at OKCTalk stole the vending machines... does that help?

Jay
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
You missed the whole point of the post. I'm saying if you see something out of the ordinary report it. You would be suprised what people see and think nothing of it.

Its kind of like the kids that were shooting windows out with a BB gun. Had someone not spoke up about suspcious activty they would have never been caught. In that case someone speaking up also led to a man that reviewed his home security tapes. Those tapes gave police a vehicle id which helped nail the two idiot kids that did the shooting.

1adam12
04-02-2005, 05:36 AM
This was emailed to me today. I know this may violate TOS but, since many of us do borrow articles from newsok.com. The least we could do is keep our eyes open and report anything suspicious to the police. If any of you know info that could help The Oklahoman call crimestoppers at 235-7300.

Oklacity75

Reward!
We Need Your Help and are Willing to Pay for It!

The Oklahoman has recently experienced a rash of stolen vending machines and is offering a $750 reward for information leading to the apprehension and arrest of anyone responsible for the theft of newspaper vending machines.

Theft of this equipment is considered grand larceny, which is a Felony under State Statute 21-1705 and punishable by one year in county jail and a $5,000 fine.

The newspaper is also offering a $50 reward for information leading to the recover of any stolen machines.

Please contact the newspaper at 475-3287 or Oklahoma City Crime Stoppers at 235-7300 if you have any information regarding the thefts and / or recovery of an Oklahoman newspaper vending machine.

http://www.newsok.com/article/1460835/ (http://www.newsok.com/article/1460835/)

I know that many people on this forum do not care for the Oklahoman, but I appreciate you posting this information because crimes are being committed, and these thefts need to stop. Whether you like the Oklahoman or not, please keep a watch out.

If you saw someone break in to a neighbors house, one that you don't like, you would still call the police, wouldn't you? I hope so.

Midtowner
04-02-2005, 08:11 AM
I know that many people on this forum do not care for the Oklahoman, but I appreciate you posting this information because crimes are being committed, and these thefts need to stop. Whether you like the Oklahoman or not, please keep a watch out.

If you saw someone break in to a neighbors house, one that you don't like, you would still call the police, wouldn't you? I hope so.

I would think it's safe to assume that it is more or less a political activist type group that carried this act out. However, I think the stealing of ANY kind of newspapers goes against what America is all about regardless of whether it's the Daily Oklahoman, the Gayley Oklahoman, or the Communist Times.

Denying others the opportunity to read and decide for themselves is unamerican.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Well said.

I think serving as an eyewitness would be great for this forum, because we really are about community betterment, even if it means the Oklahoman is not a priority. The crime rate is a priority however.

Oklacity75, yes I know why you made this thread. Maybe it was stupid of me to post that. I thought it was funny... but I guess that was just off-topic.