View Full Version : Holy Freeze Alert Batman

Roadhawg
08-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Supposed to be down in the 60's next Sun, Mon, Tue nights :kicking:

Thunder
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
HOLY FREEZE ALERT BATMAN!!! I guess Global Warming has been disproved!!!

http://services.trb.com/kfor/7day.jpg

Larry OKC
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
We can hope, but I saw a similar 7-day forecast from Gary that showed we were supposed to be experiencing those highs in the low 90s TODAY. Oh well, it will happen sooner or later. I am voting for Sooner. This weekend, had to laugh outloud when I saw one of those flip-down road signs warning that the bridge ices before the road...the threat of our first ice storm is coming soon!

bluedogok
08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I guess that cold front loses some of its punch by the time it gets down here. We had day 74 of 100+ temps today, 112 yesterday and 109 today and it is still 98 right now.

http://belo.bimedia.net/KVUE/weather/stills/7_DAY_STILL.jpg

Thunder
08-29-2011, 11:02 PM
WOW! Mike really do love us all! Ya know what they say, whatever a forecaster predicts is usually what the weather will complies. 80s for high and even touches the 50s!

Bunty
08-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Supposed to be down in the 60's next Sun, Mon, Tue nights :kicking:

Big deal. Much of northern Oklahoma, where the cold front was more effective, got down to around 59 or 60 last week.

Meanwhile, here's a pretty cool interactive national radar map in case someone might light it. It's radar seems to stay free of ground clutter.http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMapFull.aspx

venture
08-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Big deal. Much of northern Oklahoma, where the cold front was more effective, got down to around 59 or 60 last week.

Meanwhile, here's a pretty cool interactive national radar map in case someone might light it. It's radar seems to stay free of ground clutter.http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMapFull.aspx

Maybe it is a big deal for them at their location? I doubt they really care what Northern Oklahoma got. I was in a city last week that was in the low 50s and upper 40s in the morning, does that mean any cool down in Central Oklahoma isn't a big deal? Hardly. I'll be happy when I can open the windows at night and air the house out. No need to be rude.

Roadhawg
08-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Maybe it is a big deal for them at their location? I doubt they really care what Northern Oklahoma got. I was in a city last week that was in the low 50s and upper 40s in the morning, does that mean any cool down in Central Oklahoma isn't a big deal? Hardly. I'll be happy when I can open the windows at night and air the house out. No need to be rude.

+1

Bunty
08-31-2011, 05:33 PM

Things have certainly been even more intense for persistent heat elsewhere. Phoenix has had 32 days this year with the temperature over 110 degrees. The highest is 117. The 33rd day over 110 beats the record. So unlike OKC, they're keeping close track of how many times the temp goes above 110. It's believed to be their hottest August ever. Their 100+ degree weather will likely last longer than OKC's before finally letting up for the season. So no doubt, if global warming is true, then it is likely that OKC TV weathermen during an upcoming summer will be talking about how many days OKC temp has gone above 110. That will certainly compound the fire threat.

venture
08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
I swear...sometimes I feel there are 17 other posts missing from some threads where responses or posts go completely off track from what they are responding too. Or maybe I'm just getting old and losing my mind. LOL

Roadhawg
08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
I swear...sometimes I feel there are 17 other posts missing from some threads where responses or posts go completely off track from what they are responding too. Or maybe I'm just getting old and losing my mind. LOL

well I know some of my posts don't make it lol

dmoor82
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Parts of SW Oklahoma are approaching 90 days at or above 100 degrees and I thought they had a chance of getting to 100 days but this strong cold front might drown those dreams away!

Bunty
08-31-2011, 10:38 PM

LOL, Since when did topics stay on track? At least we're still on the weather.

Larry OKC
09-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Weather? I thought this was a thread about the Caped Crusader/Dark Knight? LOL

sacolton
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Gas prices went up again. :-(

Thunder
09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The graphic in the 2nd post is always updating.

Nice throughout the week weather. We need to eliminate the 90s showing on there. Other than that, a freezing 40s to 80s. Oklahoma is just grand.

Thunder
09-12-2011, 08:56 PM
This week is going to be very fun with lots of rain and cooler temps.

Refer to the KFOR graphic above. Please do not rely on the graphic bluedogok posted.

bluedogok
09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Please do not rely on the graphic bluedogok posted.
The one I posted is the Austin weather, just to show how stupid hot it continues to be down here and how every front that provides y'all up there with some relief never seems to make it down here.

BG918
09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
The one I posted is the Austin weather, just to show how stupid hot it continues to be down here and how every front that provides y'all up there with some relief never seems to make it down here.

Yeah if you think OKC is hot and dry go down to Austin. I was down in late July and my friend said it hadn't rained all month. I talked to him last weekend and it still hasn't rained..

Bunty
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Then how many more dry years can Austin go without running out of water? That almost happened to Atlanta.

Thunder
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM

I have a close friend of many years out there. Hang in there!

MDot
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Yeah if you think OKC is hot and dry go down to Austin. I was down in late July and my friend said it hadn't rained all month. I talked to him last weekend and it still hasn't rained..

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe bluedogok was talking about Austin.

He lives in Austin and was saying how hot it is in Austin and how all the of cool fronts that hit Oklahoma City never seem to hit Austin.

I don't know if you responded to the wrong comment or what but if you did I apologize ahead of time. Not trying to be rude.

Thunder
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe bluedogok was talking about Austin.

He lives in Austin and was saying how hot it is in Austin and how all the of cool fronts that hit Oklahoma City never seem to hit Austin.

I don't know if you responded to the wrong comment or what but if you did I apologize ahead of time. Not trying to be rude.

You misunderstood him. :-)

He was saying to all of us in Oklahoma that we're complaining about the heat wave and lack of rain that we were not the only ones to suffer. He was saying to us that Austin and most of Texas have it much worse than we do.

This reminds me... Whoever was that idiot that wrote the country song, God Bless Texas? LOL!!!

Ahhh Edit Update

Alan Jackson

God Bless Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promise land
Gave em' a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God bless Texas

Lord have mercy...another Edit Update

MDot, get to bed! You got school in the morning. :-P

MDot
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Figured I did but you get the point. Lol

Thunder
09-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Figured I did but you get the point. Lol

Okay, now go to bed. Its very important to have a well rested mind and body to prepare for all day education thrill.

bluedogok
09-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Tropical Storm Hermine was just over one year ago, that was our last significant rainfall since the rains in the spring of 2007 that broke our previous two year drought.

Thunder
09-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Since we are on the 2nd page, I am going to repost this to easily show everyone.

OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THURSDAY!!!

http://services.trb.com/kfor/7day.jpg

Tydude
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
this is from KOCO 5 7 day forcast love the weather that is happening
http://images.ibsys.com/okl/images/weather/auto/7dayforecast_640x480.jpg?Tue%20Sep%2013%202011%201 7:16:02%20GMT-0500%20(CDT)?Tue%20Sep%2013%202011%2017:16:32%20GM T-0500%20(CDT)

BlackmoreRulz
09-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Dang, highs in the low 60's may have to put long pants on again for the first time since March

Thunder
09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Dang, highs in the low 60's may have to put long pants on again for the first time since March

LOL! I have been wearing pants more often than shorts during the whole summer. :-P

Larry OKC
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Seriously? The whole summer? i can understand the past few days but we have had a higher than normal summer breaking our previous record of 100+ heat days (and counting), and you have been wearing pants more than shorts? I rarely wear shorts and have been practically living in them this summer.

Thunder
09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, pants and shorts isn't really much difference to me.

windowphobe
09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Then how many more dry years can Austin go without running out of water? That almost happened to Atlanta.

Not too many. One of the two major lakes is near normal levels, but the other is almost 50 feet down. Water rates, incidentally, will rise in November, and they will be tiered: your first thousand gallons will run a little over a buck, but your twenty-sixth will cost you nearly $12. (Plus all the usual ways that utility bills are padded, of course.)

bluedogok
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Then we have some idiot city council members who want to consider the already under construction water treatment plant out near Lake Travis after already spending many millions on it. There are the "no growth" people who are pretty much against everything that hints of growth or improving the city in the hopes that they can take Austin back to what it was when they were in college. This city council election cycle put them in place, the next election cycle will be another overreaction again, one extreme to the other down here.