View Full Version : In this thread, we discuss the merits of browsers other than IE.

Midtowner
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Firefox -- it effin rocks.

I have some great extensions loaded on it. Of those, "Adblock" is the best thing ever. I don't see banners everywhere because my browser blocks urls containing the likes of websponsors, doubleclick, etc. If some company sends me a popup, they are forever blocked as soon as I open up adblock and type in *domain* (* is a variable, that means anything can come before or after the text between the *'s).

Also, it's a lot more secure as very few spyware browser hijacking programs are written for Firefox.

Get it @ Firefox.com

windowphobe
04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I've switched my home boxes to Firefox, and mercifully, there is only one significant difference in the way it renders the Web stuff I write from the way IE did it: the spacing on drop caps is slightly different.

I had no encounters with spyware during the years I used IE, which go all the way back to version 3 (!), but as the stuff gets nastier and more intrusive, I'd just as soon give it fewer opportunities to sneak in the back door.

Sooner&RiceGrad
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I switched to Mozilla Suite.

soonerdm
04-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Does anyone use MAXTHON?

Good tabbed browser with lots of plugins availible and runs on teh IE core so it reads javascript and CSS the same as IE.