View Full Version : FREE 6oz. Sirloin Steak [limit 1 per household]

mmonroe
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.outbackfreesteaks.com/

Just saw the commercial and i've already signed up for my free steak, thought i'd share.

kevinpate
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
too slow and only hit a 5 off two entrees coupon here. oh well. Still not a bad little steak

mmonroe
08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
what location did you select? I did NWX

Larry OKC
08-24-2011, 11:44 PM
By the time I got there all 4 of the locations (from NWX all the way to Norman) were out of the freebies. But $5 off still available

kevinpate
08-25-2011, 01:44 AM
what location did you select? I did NWX

I don't recall, but being based in Norman, the two most likely would be either the Norman one or the 240 southside location.

metro
08-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Even for free Outback would still taste awful

Larry OKC
08-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Have paid full price to eat there and while it was a bit over priced (value for the money), I certainly wouldn't turn down free. It would have to be truly awful for me to do that (and I have in the past)

White Peacock
08-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I tried getting the $5 coupon using my new address and got an error telling me only one per household. Tried the same with my old address (still technically mine until the end of the month) and got the same error. I've been in the old address for over 3 years, and my new house has been vacant for quite some time. Who the **** is using my addresses to get free ****?!?!

Larry OKC
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
White: was it a residential address they are talking about or a computer "address"? Even if logged in as a different user, I think it will show up as the same computer. May try a different computer at a friends house or something (using your residence address to test)

White Peacock
08-26-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm trying it from work, so it's possible somebody else here got a coupon on the company connection and it reads the same IP address. The error referred to "household", though, rather than "address".

MustangGT
08-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Free can make awful taste better.

Larry OKC
08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
True. And as i said, there have been a couple of times when even free didn't make it good enough to try it again.

kevinpate
08-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Even for free Outback would still taste awful

Rather harsh, but to each their own.
In that light, though it's not anywhere up near the top of my "what about going to X" list, I've never had a horrid meal there, nor walked away because it was awful or inedible. They do ok by their steaks, about as well for chicken. I once had an appetizer I wasn't crazy about, but even it wasn't awful ... just not a good value for what it was. But I am a fairly basic meat lover. I don't need, or even want, glazes, fanciful butters, etc. I just want a decent cut of meat, cooked the way I ask it to be cooked, and preferably the place has decent climate control and is clean. The rest of it is by and large just show, at least to me, and I don't need a lot of show to have a happy tummy. Oh, and I prefer to not have a complainer at the table, but fortunately, that's usually well within my sphere of control.

MadMonk
08-27-2011, 07:51 AM
I love a great steak, but I won't turn down a good steak. I'll even take a mediocre steak for free and not complain. I've had better steak elsewhere, but I've never had a bad (much less awful) steak at Outback.