View Full Version : GUTHRIE HAUNTS AWESOME HAUNTED HOUSE ON hwy 77 2 blks N of cimmeron bridge

Pages : [1] 2

Reno and Walker
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
This place is known as the old steakhouse in Guthrie, it is actually haunted verified by the believe it or not paranormal society of OKlahoma... It is only $6 bucks with $1 off with flyer. more info coming soon!!!

Reno and Walker
08-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Actual address is 4524 Riverside circle Guthrie, OK 73044 for all you google map heads

Thunder
08-21-2011, 06:21 PM
More info is required in a post like this. Why is the place haunted? What makes it haunted? Anything the poor souls should expect? Is there high-risk of being killed...never coming out alive?

Reno and Walker
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM
What up Thunder, man I bought this building a week ago and we were doing some renovation getting ready for our haunred house in Oct and a door kept shutting on us with no wind outside, one of the rooms is always cold, 2X4 fall now and then, so the more we worked on it the more frequent it bacame, so I called these folks out and they did an investigation kinda like the show on FYI network

They got all sorts of cool audio from something.. I am still alittle skeptical but very weird

Reno and Walker
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
This ought to make a great halloween haunted house its perfect..

Achilleslastand
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Ive long heard stories about the logan county mem hospital as well as the old boys home being haunted.

Reno and Walker
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, but the cops keep close eyes on those buildings, This place is gonna make an awesome halloween haunted house..

Thunder
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Be sure to get a permit if you are going to charge for admission. I just got done watching a movie on Netflix and there was "private party" that the police decided to show up and shut them down, because they got jealous of the door admission that people paid to enter.

Reno and Walker
08-22-2011, 06:12 AM
I am 2 blocks out of the city limits of Guthrie, I am in unincorporated land , City of Guthrie said I do not need one, but I will double check

Thunder
08-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Yay! I personally believe that private event don't need permit.

kevinpate
08-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I am 2 blocks out of the city limits of Guthrie, I am in unincorporated land , City of Guthrie said I do not need one, but I will double check

If you are outside the city limits, then the city isn't your nanny. Might wish to double check what, if any, nanny rules exist from either Logan Co. or the State for such an enterprise.

Thunder
08-22-2011, 03:20 PM
If you are outside the city limits, then the city isn't your nanny. Might wish to double check what, if any, nanny rules exist from either Logan Co. or the State for such an enterprise.

And they need to back off. Its just a temporary one month side-job making extra money. Its not something that is established. Look at the many kids out there mowing lawns for money. Do they have a permit? No. Government can be so cruel.

Reno and Walker
08-23-2011, 12:19 AM
I will check it out tomorrow, thanks for imput

Thunder
08-23-2011, 12:27 AM
I learned that IRS / OK Tax Commission don't require anyone to register until they are established after quite some time, so you should be good there. You just need to watch out for those greedy city leaders and county leaders as they may whine about you must have permit (similar to garage sale permit). Just to be safe.

Reno and Walker
08-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Thunder, are you guys doing a haunted house also,, I saw your ad on

Thunder
08-25-2011, 04:02 AM
We are trying to. Either we can gather enough props or get someone to sponsor or use our large space. May not be possible this year.

Reno and Walker
08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
C'mon out to ours and get some ideas,

Reno and Walker
08-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Went to work today at the Haunted House constructing the maze and heard a loud bang, this place is truly haunted.. Cannot wait till opening night oct 7 .. Going to be a blast, we got the top designer from Texas doing our props and coordinating..

Jesseda
08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
how many sq feet of space is this haunted house going to be? how long will it take to go through it?

BBatesokc
08-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I learned that IRS / OK Tax Commission don't require anyone to register until they are established after quite some time, so you should be good there. You just need to watch out for those greedy city leaders and county leaders as they may whine about you must have permit (similar to garage sale permit). Just to be safe.

I'm not sure what YOU mean by 'register' but if you derive an income (or anything of value) from your activity then you're required to claim it on your income tax. The IRS doesn't give you time to 'establish' your business before they want their cut. I hope this isn't the tax advice your using for your Flea Market business model.

I still remember those UCO students who were throwing parties awhile back, charging admission and posting the pics online. The IRS came after them and claimed they owed them $300,000!!!!!!! Not sure how or if it has ended yet, but talk about a nightmare.

Thunder
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
It was what I was told by the OK Tax Commission.

BBatesokc
08-30-2011, 04:12 PM
While you don't have to register as a business - you can operate as a sole proprietor - you DO have to report all your earnings and pay taxes on your business activites.

Thunder
08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
While you don't have to register as a business - you can operate as a sole proprietor - you DO have to report all your earnings and pay taxes on your business activites.

IRS included in that annual income stuff or separately?

BBatesokc
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
IRS included in that annual income stuff or separately?

Uhhhhhh yeah. You've gotta pay (claim) to the state and feds. No EZ form as you'll have lots of write-offs.

Thunder
08-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Uhhhhhh yeah. You've gotta pay (claim) to the state and feds. No EZ form as you'll have lots of write-offs.

Next year is when I first do all that stuff, but its going to be hard. Looking at the forms and not knowing what to do. Maybe when you have time, we meet up and you help me fill them out or something? Brother to brother, eh?

BBatesokc
08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Next year is when I first do all that stuff, but its going to be hard. Looking at the forms and not knowing what to do. Maybe when you have time, we meet up and you help me fill them out or something? Brother to brother, eh?

Sorry. They are just as confusing to me. I have a CPA who does my stuff the last few years. Seemed every time I did my own the gov't kept coming back saying I owed more.

BBatesokc
08-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Back to the topic of Haunted Houses. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I have worked at several haunted houses over the years. The first one I worked at was when they did one at the Fairgrounds in the 80's. I've also worked in Bricktown and Frontier City. Loved it and would do it again!

We usually get a group together and visit 3-6 houses in one evening. Lots of fun.

I'd really like to see some houses use more social media, etc.

Reno and Walker
08-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Don't worry bbates i have covered my a$$.. We will see what happens, I have an excellent accountant, and many friends at the IRS, heck they come in and eat at the peacock every morning

Thunder
09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Don't worry bbates i have covered my a$$.. We will see what happens, I have an excellent accountant, and many friends at the IRS, heck they come in and eat at the peacock every morning

You are my new friend.

Reno and Walker
09-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Thunder, we need to set up a flea market in my new building in Guthrie..

Reno and Walker
09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Back to the topic of Haunted Houses. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I have worked at several haunted houses over the years. The first one I worked at was when they did one at the Fairgrounds in the 80's. I've also worked in Bricktown and Frontier City. Loved it and would do it again!

We usually get a group together and visit 3-6 houses in one evening. Lots of fun.

I'd really like to see some houses use more social media, etc.

Please come on out and check it out, I think you would love it, Its very oldschool haunted house stuff circa 1970's 80's style..Our haunted House coordinator and prop guy is David Sturgiss, you may recognize the name from Fairgrounds and old bricktown days

Reno and Walker
09-01-2011, 09:06 PM
This building used to be the Old Harvey's Steakhouse, but now its an awesome old school Haunted House, No cheezy stuff here. It is right next to the Cimmeron River bridge on Hwy 77 about 3 miles North of Guthrie High School. We got a great prop Master and coordinator David Sturgis who was involved in the old Fairgrounds haunted Houses back in the 70's and Old Bricktown before it became so commercialized Haunted Houses, you all remember the stuff back in the 80's before things got soooo cheezy. This is going to be the best haunted House to hit the area in 20 years.

Thunder
09-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Is everything done? You're opening it to us for preview? I'll be passing through Guthrie in a few weeks. If you'd just PM me the address, I should be able to find it easily through GPS. It will either be before or after I pick up Taz the Poodle.

Reno and Walker
09-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I am thinking about doing something for the Wildfire victims also, soooo many un-insured people,, I will have a donation bucket at the GuthrieHaunts Halloween haunted House Facebook us please

Reno and Walker
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
best halloween haunted Houses are always by a river and train tracks, We have both !!!

Thunder
09-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm picking up my son on the 11th after 6pm. I'm going to get him first, is it possible to visit on the way back? Or I should just head on home to ease the transition for him.

BBatesokc
09-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Do you have a link to your FaceBook?

I'd like to see some houses utilize social media and technology more. Ever consider live streaming a particular room on ustream etc. as a marketing effort? Or, a dark hall and have a person with a digital camera just under a bright light that comes on with a loud noise and have the camera person snap a photo and have the photos uploaded live (or close to it) so people could go online and see the reaction shots?

Reno and Walker
09-04-2011, 07:55 AM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002855450252

try this

BBatesokc
09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Ahhh, got it.

Just be aware, an unhappy competitor may get your FaceBook page yanked. FaceBooks TOS require 'friendable' pages to represent a real person.

I had this happen to my JohnTV FaceBook page. I had to do a new one under my name.

However, a real person can create a Fan Page regarding any topic they want.

Reno and Walker
09-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Okay, its actually under a real persons name so I hope its okay, thanks for the tip.. I need to work on the Web cam idea

kevinpate
09-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Thunder, just a tip. Stopping at a haunted house, unless it is designed for pre schoolers, likely falls under the "WTH? Are Ya Nutso?!?!" category. Just sayin.

Thunder
09-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Ahhh, got it.

Just be aware, an unhappy competitor may get your FaceBook page yanked. FaceBooks TOS require 'friendable' pages to represent a real person.

I had this happen to my JohnTV FaceBook page. I had to do a new one under my name.

However, a real person can create a Fan Page regarding any topic they want.

Facebook does allow business and organizations to have their own account. Same for Wet Pets and Golden Goose Oklahoma's #1 Flea Market.

BBatesokc
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Facebook does allow business and organizations to have their own account. Same for Wet Pets and Golden Goose Oklahoma's #1 Flea Market.

There you go Thunder, spreading misinformation AGAIN. Profiles on FaceBook are supposed to be representative of individuals only. If you create a profile (normal FaceBook account) for your pet, business, activism, whatever - they can delete the account when they get complaints. A complaint is simply some busybody clicking the 'report' button.

Businesses etc are asked to create Fan Pages or a business account (business accounts are extremely limited in their functionality).

I don't make the rules, and I don't even agree with this one, but it does happen. I created a profile for JohnTV and after 8 months FaceBook deleted the profile because it did not represent a real person. I had to re-create it under my name, with my profile and my name had to appear in the title of the page. I was allowed to add JohnTV as an under my name.

I only mentioned it because it stinks to have tons of info and photos and 'friends' just to one day have it all deleted.

Thunder
09-04-2011, 06:26 PM
It was what I was talking about, those fan pages or whatever they are called. No, it wasn't misinformation. At account creation, it asks what kind of account it will be for.

Reno and Walker
09-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Okay, thanks for all the info, Now I am going to the Goose tomorrow for my free HotDog!!!

Reno and Walker
09-05-2011, 10:16 AM
friend GuthrieHaunts on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002855450252&ref=ts

Thunder
09-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Okay, thanks for all the info, Now I am going to the Goose tomorrow for my free HotDog!!!

But... You didn't tell me who you are at the market. :-(

Reno and Walker
09-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Thunder, I tried but you were too busy with all the dogs.. Go to my FB page and you will see me there.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...5450252&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=100002855450252

Reno and Walker
09-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I really need a place to post my flyer for this haunted House, anybody out there have any ideas or know of someone who would be ok with this in Edmond/Guthrie/OKC area

Reno and Walker
09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
We have decided to make a part of the haunt to go outdoors and then back indoors, any remarks

kevinpate
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
It's been years since I visited, but Frontier City used to do that. All depends on the execution.

Reno and Walker
09-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes I agree, our coordinator used to do the frontier city haunt back in the 80's and he loved the outside inside effect...I am all for making the haunt longer and better...

Reno and Walker
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
I hope we did mot make it too scary.. or can a haunted house actually be too scary?

Thunder
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
To make it real scary, get a madman to operate a real chainsaw. A volunteer or two to make it look like they are cut up in pieces. You can set lighting and material to make it look like half of body was cut off. The visitors will be chased out in the end.

Reno and Walker
09-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Man you stole our idea, lol we have some of the best drama college students in the bizz, man are they fanatical.. This will be better then the street people most haunted houses hire.. College theatre students rule!!!

Reno and Walker
09-19-2011, 06:47 AM
We will be at the Guthrie/Deer Creek Football this Friday Night!!!! Look for our Giant Sign and come by and get a $2 off Flyer and say hi.. Haunted House Starts Oct 7-8

BBatesokc
09-19-2011, 06:58 AM
The first ones I worked at hired fraternities who used their pay as a fund raiser to a local non-profit (Haunted House on the OKC fair grounds). Frontier City just hired whomever applied.

Reno and Walker
09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Don't forget about us in Guthrie.. Guthrie Haunts 4524 Riverside Circle Guthrie ok 73044 This is in the Old Harvey's Steakhouse Building. This place has been abandoned and vacant for 20 years. We have a super scary building with kitchens, 5 bathrooms, walk-in coolers... indoor cemetary, and tons more... opens Oct 7-8 only $5 bucks with flyer.. you must have the flyer to get IN !!!! go to Guthrie Haunts on facebook and print flyer.. this is an old school haunted house because we are old and all we know are pre 1985 horror movies!!!

Thunder
09-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Should we go for our birthdays together, MDoT?

Reno and Walker
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Thunder you are on my VIP list!!!!