View Full Version : Are the any dancing halls in Norman?

ChargerAg
08-20-2011, 10:19 PM
I have never seen such a place here in Norman. It seems strange that a college town wouldn't have a dance club.

kevinpate
08-21-2011, 07:00 AM
There have been a few bigger places over the years, but Norman seems to mostly lean toward small venues. Not sure why.
I've been in the quiet evening with the missus or friends crowd long enough I can't really even speculate where the young dance today.

Questor
08-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Several years ago there was Kongos (next door to the fitness club) that was a several bars under one roof concept. It didn't last and changed names several times. I don't remember if it's still a club anymore. Rumors are flying that a club is going into Campus Corner in the near future. There is already a small 80s themed dance club on the street where Brothers is located.

BG918
08-21-2011, 07:54 PM
They have electronic dance parties at Opolis and Louie's. Louie's every weekend late at night, not sure about the frequency of Opolis but I think it's every week, possibly Thursday. There is also dancing at Logan's, but it's a not a dance club. There are many more options 20 min. away in downtown OKC...

Jersey Boss
08-22-2011, 09:20 AM
OPIES on Lindsey, between Berry and McGee on the South side.

pw405
08-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Also - Hidden Castle on west 24th, south of Lindsey, formerly Sooner Knights. They don'to have a liquor license, promotions, or any of that, so its typical very un-busy. They certainly don't appeal to most in Norman. Its more of a rave-esque place that needs a large capital and management injection. Feels more like you are hanging out at somebody's house than an official dance club. Maybe it'll improve in the future.