View Full Version : PAX show filming at Skyline Theater

Patrick
08-22-2004, 01:57 AM
I think this is great news......a new comedy show that will air on a local PAX station will be filmed at the new Skyline Theater in downtown OKC. If it's successful, it could air nationwide. This is great news for the art's district of OKC!
Check out the article!

From downtownguy's blog:

http://www.downtownguy.blogspot.com/

"A big crowd at downtown's Skyline Theater (www.skylinetheater.com) could give Oklahoma City a big bounce in national publicity. Remember, Austin City Limits started as a local show before it went national on PBS, giving the city a big image boost as a music hot spot. The Journal Record's Janice Francis-Smith reported last week the theater at Main and Hudson (former home of Carpenter Square) will start taping this weekend of "Laughing Out Loud." The comedy variety show is set to air on the local affiliate of PAX TV (cox cable 17, regular UHF 62). Eventually, the show could air on PAX's 61 television stations, which Smith reports reaches 89 percent of U.S. households (about 96 million homes).
The theater, by the way, features "clean comedy," and "Laughing Out Loud" is being promoted as a clean Saturday Night Live or Mad TV. This could go somewhere.... for all you dreamers, this is your shot at making a difference at telling the country who we are in the new century.
Catch the show at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday."

HOT ROD
08-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Im also glad there is another theatre downtown! We need more! More venues! More things to do downtown!

And of course, more TV with local and national exposure!

floater
08-25-2004, 03:51 PM
It could give "lol" a whole new meaning...Anybody know how attendance has been for Skyline's shows? I love sketch comedy. To make it last, they need to recreate the show every two-three months to keep 'em coming back. Now if it's mostly improvisational comedy like "Who's Line is it Anyway", that could be a weekly gig.

Patrick
08-28-2004, 12:00 AM
By the way, if anyone is interesting in seeing a free taping of this new show, please call the Skyline theater at 231-0015.

downtownguy
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
At the risk of sounding like a paid barker, please believe me when I say these Skyline Theater shows are hilarious - and I'm not a big stand-up comedy fan. Skyline Theater is the answer to everything you might hate about typical comedy clubs or theaters. The first thing you notice when you enter the lobby is a generous supply of tables and seats where you and friends can enjoy a drink and snack and listen to some cool music while waiting for the theater doors to open. The theater itself seats around 300 (that's my best guess), and the seating is very comfortable - not your Ford Center squeezes (big butt people, rejoice!)

There is no smoking allowed, so you're not gagging for air. And the performances are incredibly funny without being profane and lewd. It's a show you can watch with your kids or even the church pastor if he's got a good sense of humor.

The shows are still being filmed for the local PAX station. Arrive about 7:30 and you should get a good free curbside parking spot and a good seat in the theater.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: all of you who want to get the new Oklahoma City exposed to a national audience, this may be our chance.

Information about Skyline Theater and performances can be found at www.skylinetheater.com. And no, I don't work for them.

:o

-The Downtown Guy
www.downtownguy.blogspot.com