View Full Version : Severe Weather updates?

Larry OKC
08-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Used to tune into KTOK, Newstalk 1000 for severe weather info, but lately they have been silent. Tried scanning up and down the AM & FM dials but couldn't locate any info. Where do we turn for that info when you are in your car or away from the computer/TV?

Tydude
08-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Larry the only time they broadcast the weather from the tv station if they are in wall to wall coverage

Thunder
08-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Larry, there is no tornado today.

Larry OKC
08-15-2011, 10:27 PM
LOL But this IS Oklahoma and one could drop out of the sky when you least expect it. Honestly, I am thinking more along the more common lines of hail and the like. When I hear there is some heading my way, i hightail it to a safer location not too far from my apt. I just want to know when the danger has passed. Most recently, they showed this storm coming down NW Expressway with high winds, hail and moderate rain. I sat and sat and sat (close to an hour) and other than a bit of wind and just enough rain to turn on the windshield wipers on the lowest setting, nothing really happened. I called my folks who were watching it on TV and they kept telling me to stay put, it was coming.

I played back the weather coverage when I got home and the radar showed that we got all of this rain (red & yellow). There wasn't enough rain to even get the pavement under the parked cars wet, or the ground under the trees. I can practically pinpoint my location on the radar because I am right at the intersection of NW Expressway and Hefner parkway. Hard to miss that.

This hasn't been the first time it has happened like that. Either radar shows something definitely going on and you step outside and nothing. Or the other extreme, where radar shows nothing and it is pouring down rain.

Thunder
08-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Larry, I would suggest you consult with Venture for such issues. He can keep you advised and forewarned!