View Full Version : Hope OKCTalk isn't to blame ... LOL

Larry OKC
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
"CDC poll ranks Oklahoma country's 4th sleepiest state"
When I read that headline in the paper, I thought, oh no, here is another stat showing how unhealthy (obese & lazy) we Okies are due to getting too much sleep, but it appears we don't get enough sleep (thus the title of the thread). They cleared up the headline confusion in the online version...
Read more: http://newsok.com/sleeplessness-is-big-problem-in-oklahoma-nationally/article/3592817#ixzz1UadytoUr

Q: A recent poll conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) ranks Oklahoma the fourth sleepiest state in the country. Is lack of sleep a big problem nationally?
A: It's a huge problem. About 30 percent of Americans report having difficulty falling or staying asleep, while some 10 percent have chronic insomnia. According to the CDC poll, 14.3 percent of Oklahoma adults report they're not getting enough sleep. West Virginia leads the country at 19.3 percent, followed by Tennessee at 14.8 percent and Kentucky, 14.4 percent. Insufficient sleep can result in moodiness, irritability and increased risk for auto and workplace accidents.
Note to moderators: why is the quoted material showing up as 2 separate quotes? There is an opening tag at the beginning of the first one and a closing quote tag at the end of the 2nd one without any stray quote tags inbetween. Haven't noticed it happening before???

RadicalModerate
08-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Check the posting timestamps on this site and draw your own conclusion(s) . . . =)

Sleeplessiest . . ? (Maybe)
Sleepiest? . . . (Prehaps/Probably not.)

cameron_405
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
59Fv4OZA8Uw
Cake (band) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cake_%28band%29) -- When You Sleep

Thunder
08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Larry, you may be onto something. This site has been keeping me up.

Bunty
08-10-2011, 01:01 PM
As highly UNpopular as it is to smoke marijuana in Oklahoma, I don't think you can blame sleepiness on that.

Larry OKC
08-10-2011, 07:45 PM
THUNDER: I include myself in that too. LOL

MadMonk
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM
As highly UNpopular as it is to smoke marijuana in Oklahoma, I don't think you can blame sleepiness on that.
And I don't believe anyone tried to. Does it make you that sleepy? :Smiley236