View Full Version : Does anybody know?

Jay
03-30-2005, 10:38 PM
What ever happened to the apartment development in Bricktown. They were supposed to be taking one of the old factory buildings in Bricktown and converting it into apartments.

Nuclear_2525
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Also, has anyone heard any more info about the Redhawks parking lot being used by the Dallas or Chicago developer to create high-rise condos and retail???

I really think that this has been one of the best, if not the best proposal I have seen for Bricktown, and I just hope that it hasn't fallen through.

Patrick
03-30-2005, 11:02 PM
What ever happened to the apartment development in Bricktown. They were supposed to be taking one of the old factory buildings in Bricktown and converting it into apartments.

Are you referring to the Factory Development, proposed by Rich Mclain? If so, financing fell through. It's not going to happen. There are still plans to develop the Stewart Company Steel buildings into apartments, however.

Jay
03-30-2005, 11:06 PM
That would be the one. Thanks for the information

Patrick
03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Also, has anyone heard any more info about the Redhawks parking lot being used by the Dallas or Chicago developer to create high-rise condos and retail???

I really think that this has been one of the best, if not the best proposal I have seen for Bricktown, and I just hope that it hasn't fallen through.

The Redhawks haven't made a decision on that yet. If you remember right, Hammons was also wanting to build a parking garage there, and if he can't build his garage there, he'll have to downsize his Embassy Suites. This has been another issue holding up the Embassy Suites.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-30-2005, 11:16 PM
While I had blog fever I think I wrote about something like that...

ETL
08-10-2006, 10:36 PM
What is the latest on the Embassy Suites in Bricktown, and where will it be?

OKCNDN
08-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Bricktown seems to be at about a 50% chance of actually building something after it has been announced that they will build it.

The Factory- didn't get done.

A hotel between the tracks and Cox Convention Center-didn't get done.

Numerous parking garages/arrangements have been talked about but have'nt been done.

What else has been announced but hasn't been built?