View Full Version : Commentary: "HP: More than a stodgy computer"

urbanity
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
http://www.okgazette.com/oklahoma/article-12506-hp-more-than-a-stodgy-computer.html

adaniel
07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Interesting read.

I have a coworker who would like to move to a historical neighborhood, but is very much in the libertarian, "don't tread on me" camp and just cannot fathom having to follow all of those rules. Fair enough, but personally they are not that much different than HOA covenants of any other high end neighborhood around OKC.

windowphobe
07-27-2011, 06:31 PM
It's not like the governing ordinances are all that difficult to find - though they admittedly are not always all that easy to comprehend.

I live in an Urban Conservation District, which is a bit less arduous. And they made a point of telling me this when I bought in, which should be the norm.

Spartan
07-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting read.

I have a coworker who would like to move to a historical neighborhood, but is very much in the libertarian, "don't tread on me" camp and just cannot fathom having to follow all of those rules. Fair enough, but personally they are not that much different than HOA covenants of any other high end neighborhood around OKC.

That's fine, people can chose to move to communities that look nice and require neighborhood buy-in, or people can chose to move to communities that noticeably lack that neighborhood aesthetic participation. People can chose how nice of a neighborhood they want to live in.