View Full Version : Grilled Pork Torta

jstaylor62
07-25-2011, 07:54 AM
These are incredibly easy to make...

Boneless Country Style Pork Ribs pounded to an even thickeness, marinated in a dry fajita rub then grilled

Serve on a Bolillo roll with Asadero cheese, red onions, tomatoes and gaucamole

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/jstaylor62/561250628_photobucket_16925_.jpg

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 07:59 AM
YUMMMM!!!
(Nice picture, too! =)

So . . . Would marinating the pork in pineapple juice/adobo/lime juice, for an hour or so, detract from the authenticity? (By making it more "West Indian" than "Mexican"? In response to "Fusion Cuisine" I'm working on a series of recipes with a working label--often involving leftovers--of "Confusion Cuisine" =)

jstaylor62
07-25-2011, 08:07 AM
YUMMMM!!!
(Nice picture, too! =)

So . . . Would marinating the pork in pineapple juice/adobo/lime juice, for an hour or so, detract from the authenticity? (By making it more "West Indian" than "Mexican"? In response to "Fusion Cuisine" I'm working on a series of recipes with a working label--often involving leftovers--of "Confusion Cuisine" =)

I've marinated pork ribs in lime juice, adobo, cilantro and onions...I just did not get the red tint from the fajita fub marinade...

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
I say: Keep the rub, do the marinade, (then lightly hit it with the rub again just before grilling?).
Sometimes something just can't be "improved" on and your example may just be one of those times. =)

(Love the generous dollops of guacamole! The "chunkier" the better. I think.)

I cook a lot of pork (it's cheap, tasty, versitile, and "the new white meat" =), mostly roasts, tenderloins and chops, but it never occurred to me to use country style ribs! Thanks for the tip!!! You can bet that I will be trying this out the next time I have a day off and time to cook. (Is the burn ban still on? I think It rained for about ten seconds last night . . . )

(FYI: You can find a "Mojo" marinade at most grocery stores that is pretty darn good on pork, chicken and fish. Please forgive any digression from the thread topic that you may have detected. It was not my intention to go off topic.)