View Full Version : Birth Certificate

Pages : [1] 2

Thunder
07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Do I just go to the hospital where I was born to obtain another birth certificate? Do I have any legal right to possess my original birth certificate? Will a copy be enough anywhere required?

kevinpate
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
nope. dept. of health, vital records. info at:
http://www.ok.gov/health/Birth_and_Death_Certificates/Birth_Certificates/

specifically:
http://www.ok.gov/health/Birth_and_Death_Certificates/Birth_Certificates/#Request%20Birth%20Cert

Thunder
07-23-2011, 04:42 PM
If I walk in, will I be able to obtain it right there? I really need it. Ex-mom refuses to give me...my own...birth certificate. Hell, she whined and whined and whined and called her dad....*gasps*...her idiotic biological dad told her not to give it to me. I swear, I'm going to take legal action against her. I'm going to file a restraining order against her soon.

kevinpate
07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
assuming you are born in ok, then yes. if born elsewhere, you contact the state of birth instead,

kevinpate
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
read the links from my first post for hours, fee, request form, etc.

BBatesokc
07-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Yep, just take your Oklahoma state issued driver's license and I think $15 to the Dept. of Health and they will give you one. Make sure you get a certified copy as that is what is required most times. Wife just had to do it to get her passport.

Thunder
07-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks. I'm going to get it on Monday.

As soon she learned why I needed it (OKC Housing) to move out, she refused. Basically, she want to trap me and take basically all of my money (which I have been doing to support months now). *sighs* Got most of my things packed and ready to take off. (Btw, she took my phone outlet charger and threw them out.) Gotta get another one. :-/

Thunder
07-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Btw, do I have legal claim to the original birth certificate? Can I call the police over here and have them enforce her to follow the law or be arrested?

BBatesokc
07-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Its a domestic matter. Just go get another one so there is no chance this escalates into something else.

kevinpate
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
lad, just go get a certified copy monday am. I promise you, you don't need to jump dumb on this minor matter.

jn1780
07-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Just consider yourself lucky you live in the same state you were born and not overseas at a military base, that would be a pain. You could just tell her(in a calm rational way) your just going to get a new birth certificate and if she wants to maintain some kind of relationship with you she will give it to you, but I don't know the whole story and I'm not interested in hearing the story.

Be prepared. There are a lot tougher challenges in life than birth certificates.

Thunder
07-23-2011, 08:56 PM
I think it would be best if I get a cop on her, that way I can save $15. lol

kevinpate
07-23-2011, 09:13 PM
I can't say such a post from you is a a total surprise to see lad, but sometimes you get just a touch of bat crap crazy going on in that head of yours. If you think an officer is going to do anything other than, at best, tell you you're wasting his/her time, know up front that's about as good as it is going to get.

It makes me sad to see you would rather call a cop on your momma and try to create issues beyond what already exist to save a piddly 15 bucks. If by chance the 15 is not piddly to you, then compared to momma, it ought to be seen as piddly anyway.

I sort of get it. Your relationship has soured, it is not the first time and you presently don't seem to care if it ever gets better.
For what it is worth, that will change for you, and some day you will wish you had not decided to whiz away any of the time you had with your momma, and certainly not just so youcould save 15 bucks.

Now, i canna assure it would be of any help to you, but if you would step away from the computer, go into the bathroom, and bang your head against the tile for about a half hour all the while telling yourself I oughta be nicer to momma than I am being, I'm fairly certain I might feel better this evening.

SoonerQueen
07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Just try to be pleasant with her until Monday. Go get a new birth certificate and then you can move and do whatever you want. You don't need to bring the police into this.

Thunder
07-23-2011, 11:06 PM
I know. I just don't want her thinking that she won and be controlling me. I need the BC, because OKC strangely requires it for housing application, but it doesn't mean that I'll be able to move out immediately. I'm going to discuss with the flea market owner for storage space in case of emergency before my turn is up on the waiting list.

In other news, she threw away my important doctor appointments and addresses that was on my calendar and she vandalized my calendar. :-(

Larry OKC
07-24-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm not even going to begin to try to understand why why the housing authority needs to have your birth certificate, in most instances state issued photo ID (drivers license) will suffice, but if they said they need it what you have been told by previous posters is correct.

Shortly after 9/11, I misplaced my driver's license and to get it replaced. Understandably, they wanted to see proof that I was who I said I was. Guess what their preferred choice of ID was? My drivers license. I tried to explain that I didn't have my drivers license so I couldn't use that (and if I had my drivers license, I wouldn't even be there trying to get it replaced). I just got a blank stare. One of their other acceptable forms of ID was my birth certificate but the original is long vanished. I thought no problem, I live across the street from where I was born so I should be able to get it there. Nope. The State has it. Guess what the State wants as proof that you are who you say you are to get a certified copy of your birth certificate? Your drivers license or your birth certificate. Bureaucratic run around is wonderful!

Oh, by the way, they said if I didn't have my drivers license or my birth certificate, I could get anyone that had a valid drivers license to vouch for me (even someone who didn't know me). This satisfied their paper trail documentation requirement. Fortunately my Dad was with me and vouched for me. This caused them some concern because we have the same name and they thought we were somehow engaging in ID theft or something. Had to explain that there is a "II" after my name.

I wish you luck with everything that is going on.

Larry OKC
07-24-2011, 02:59 AM
Thunder: sent you a PM

Questor
07-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Oddly enough, I think there was an article about this in yesterday's paper.

OKCTalker
07-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Thunder - She is controlling you when you go crazy and want to get a cop involved, sue her, etc. You take that control away by spending $15.00 with the Health Department and getting a certified copy of your birth certificate.

redrunner
07-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Thunder have you considered sorting out your differences on Jerry Springer?

Thunder
07-24-2011, 12:23 PM
My brother managed to get the birth certificate from her, but he won't hand it over to me unless I give him stash of my pain pills.

Thunder
07-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Grabbed it, hid it, and called the cops. He turned off the TTY while I was talking to them, so I'm waiting for them to come.

RadicalModerate
07-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I feel a haiku coming on . . .

thunder paper trail
flutters in angry windstorm
no forecast for lightening

Oh! Wait! Here comes another one . . .

high drama ensues
when voices of reason find
unenlightened ear

(Haiku poetry always defuses any situation.)

WilliamTell
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Glad my tax dollars are going towards supporting people like this.....

OSUMom
07-24-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not even going to begin to try to understand why why the housing authority needs to have your birth certificate, in most instances state issued photo ID (drivers license) will suffice, but if they said they need it what you have been told by previous posters is correct.

Shortly after 9/11, I misplaced my driver's license and to get it replaced. Understandably, they wanted to see proof that I was who I said I was. Guess what their preferred choice of ID was? My drivers license. I tried to explain that I didn't have my drivers license so I couldn't use that (and if I had my drivers license, I wouldn't even be there trying to get it replaced). I just got a blank stare. One of their other acceptable forms of ID was my birth certificate but the original is long vanished. I thought no problem, I live across the street from where I was born so I should be able to get it there. Nope. The State has it. Guess what the State wants as proof that you are who you say you are to get a certified copy of your birth certificate? Your drivers license or your birth certificate. Bureaucratic run around is wonderful!

Oh, by the way, they said if I didn't have my drivers license or my birth certificate, I could get anyone that had a valid drivers license to vouch for me (even someone who didn't know me). This satisfied their paper trail documentation requirement. Fortunately my Dad was with me and vouched for me. This caused them some concern because we have the same name and they thought we were somehow engaging in ID theft or something. Had to explain that there is a "II" after my name.

I wish you luck with everything that is going on.

Maybe because of the immigration bill passed a while back? Wasn't there something in there about not renting to illegals?

Thunder
07-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Finally free. Living in my truck now. Don't think the cig lighter plug is working for phone charge...

FRISKY
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Finally free. Living in my truck now. Don't think the cig lighter plug is working for phone charge...So does this mean the trip to the OKC Zoo with your mother is off?

Thunder
07-24-2011, 04:49 PM
So does this mean the trip to the OKC Zoo with your mother is off?

Already took her and spent bout $60. I regret that.

Where is the crisis center? Still parked in truck.

If anyone have info, text me 405.824.4078.

PennyQuilts
07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Thunder, it is hot. It's too hot to stay in your car and too hot to be making big decisions about your mother. Heat makes everyone a little more cranky and short tempered. Go to the library or the mall and cool off. Don't make any big decisions until the high has been no higher than 90 degrees for several days.

FRISKY
07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Already took her and spent bout $60. I regret that.

Where is the crisis center? Still parked in truck.

If anyone have info, text me 405.824.4078.Okay, you hate her now, but did she and you have fun when you went on the zoo trip together? Be honest.

Thunder
07-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Jesus House rejected me cuz they think I'm an addict on my Hydrocodone. Wtf?! It was first question they asked if I'm on any meds.

Penny, I'm trying to make it on my own.

Frisky, ex-mom is unstable. There are good and bad days. Her family has no clue about her. Hell...alot of people avoid her. I did my best to help but I'm done.

WilliamTell
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
as much as i enjoy watching internet breakdowns -

obviously you are pretty emotionally amped up right now and i dont care or even want to know what it is this time.

get off the internet and go apologize.

Bunty
07-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Thunder, it is hot. It's too hot to stay in your car and too hot to be making big decisions about your mother. Heat makes everyone a little more cranky and short tempered. Go to the library or the mall and cool off. Don't make any big decisions until the high has been no higher than 90 degrees for several days.
But that probably won't be until well into August, or maybe even September.

Thunder
07-25-2011, 12:18 AM
But that probably won't be until well into August, or maybe even September.

True. It is all Venture's fault. >_<

venture
07-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Everything is my fault.

Going off on your own is noble and understandable...but it requires more planning than just whim decision.

Thunder
07-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Well, I'm seeing rain, so you did the rain dance. :-D

Of Sound Mind
07-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Glad my tax dollars are going towards supporting people like this.....

as much as i enjoy watching internet breakdowns -

obviously you are pretty emotionally amped up right now and i dont care or even want to know what it is this time.

get off the internet and go apologize.
Callous and clueless.
Hateful and heartless.
Rude and ridiculous.

Bostonfan
07-25-2011, 07:11 AM
Homeless with internet access at 3:00 in the morning. Got to love it!

Just the facts
07-25-2011, 07:29 AM
I feel a haiku coming on . . .

thunder paper trail
flutters in angry windstorm
no forecast for lightening

Oh! Wait! Here comes another one . . .

high drama ensues
when voices of reason find
unenlightened ear

(Haiku poetry always defuses any situation.)

I love Haiku. I know they don't have to rhyme, but I did it anyhow.

Mom and son do fight
In this there is no delight
It is just not right

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I will give you an A for that, with 30 bonus points for making it rhyme.

Thunder: Be sure that you have the engine running when you attempt to use the AC in your truck. Also be sure that no exhaust fumes are entering the cab--it might be a good idea to keep the windows open a little, and keep a close eye on the engine temperature and oil pressure gauges. I'd also suggest that you try to locate all seasons of "Trailer Park Boys" as the series is chock full of helpful hints on how to live in a car (like Ricky did for most of the episodes--except when he was in jail).

Oh: Now it is a haiku (5/7/5):
callous and clueless.
truly hateful and heartless.
ridiculous, rude

"Freedom's just another word . . . For nothin' left to lose
Nothin' ain't worth nothin' . . . But it's free . . ."

Roadhawg
07-25-2011, 08:08 AM
wow... The internet version of Jerry Springer.... all we need now is Maury and a DNA test

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 09:04 AM
I knew a guy going to UCO that lived in a van the entire time. NPR did a great story on a guy in another state that did the same thing while in college. I think I also recall an article in the Oklahoman awhile back where a guy in Oklahoma lived in an old bus or railroad car or something while going to college. Amazing what people can do when they set a goal. However, I don't know if moving out of mamma's house to live off state assistance is nearly on the same level. But, I don't really know enough about the reality of the situation to have too much of an opinion.

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Homeless with internet access at 3:00 in the morning. Got to love it!

Thunder could probably pay all his bills and then some if he'd just install some live cameras in his momma's house and stream it online for the public's odd curiosity.

Roadhawg
07-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Thunder could probably pay all his bills and then some if he'd just install some live cameras in his momma's house and stream it online for the public's odd curiosity.

Not sure if 2 viewers would support doing that

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Or make it a drawing card for his fledgling enterprise over on the NE side . . .
"Back in the day" business owners used to live and prosper living above their shops . . .

[Insert Casey Kasim voiceover] . . .
And this one is going out to Thunder, in the Heart--and Heat--O' The Heartland . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_opWg9_qI

Yet, seriously, Dude . . . It is not a good thing to be adrift during a killer heat wave like this.
Oklahoma is actually supposed to be one of the "kinder, gentler" places in this great country of ours.
It should be relatively easy to get some assistance. ("Relatively" only in the metaphorical sense of the term.)

Of course, you may have to ease up a bit on your unconditional support of that child killer who just dodged the needle.

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Not sure if 2 viewers would support doing that

Trust me, there would be far more than that. Time and time again it has been proven the general public will watch virtually anything (Billy the Exterminator is just one example).

bornhere
07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Yes. Thunder, if you can afford it, get four or five certified copies and put the others in a safe place. It can be a long wait at the Health Department, and there are a lot of things which now require a birth certificate.

Achilleslastand
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
I knew a guy going to UCO that lived in a van the entire time. NPR did a great story on a guy in another state that did the same thing while in college. I think I also recall an article in the Oklahoman awhile back where a guy in Oklahoma lived in an old bus or railroad car or something while going to college. Amazing what people can do when they set a goal. However, I don't know if moving out of mamma's house to live off state assistance is nearly on the same level. But, I don't really know enough about the reality of the situation to have too much of an opinion.

Was the van down by the river?

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
"In a VAN . . . Down my the RIVer . . ." (yeah, that crossed my mind too =)

Trust me, there would be far more than that. Time and time again it has been proven the general public will watch virtually anything (Billy the Exterminator is just one example).

Too true.
And then there is/are:
Swamp People
Storage Wars
The Kardasians
Family Jewels
The Osbournes
Pawn Stars
American Chopper
(Etc. ad moronium . . .)

Including(!) the up-coming, soon to grace your TV screen or crowd your basic cable Guide display: American Hoggers (which I said, just last night, should be re-titled: American Piggers.)

Maybe the working title for the "reality show" under discussion could be "The Thunder Rolls" . . .?

"King for a Day" . . . ?

Bunty
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Callous and clueless.
Hateful and heartless.
Rude and ridiculous.

It's simply a sign that someone needs to count his blessings.

kevinpate
07-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Part of me wants to smack ya on the back of yer noggin. And I oughta. But I won't.
So, until you score a couch (you really should of scoped that out first) here's some stay cool tips.
(a) go sign up for a library card via OKC, Del C, even Moore if they will permit you to do so. It will gain you internet access and let your phone
have a breather from time to time.
(b) ban junk food. You simply canna afford it.
(c) make friends with healthy choices for low cost food. You simply canna afford not to do so.
(d) find the places that provide meals. Offer to help serve/clean up if they take volunteers.
(e) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.
(f) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.
(g) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.

Yeah, I started repeating myself, self. But I promise you, it's that freaking important lad. It really is, and if it isn't to you, figure out why and fix it. Ok, I'll shush now. Luck to you.

Bill Robertson
07-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Part of me wants to smack ya on the back of yer noggin. And I oughta. But I won't.
So, until you score a couch (you really should of scoped that out first) here's some stay cool tips.
(a) go sign up for a library card via OKC, Del C, even Moore if they will permit you to do so. It will gain you internet access and let your phone
(c) make friends with healthy choices for low cost food. You simply canna afford not to do so.
(d) find the places that provide meals. Offer to help serve/clean up if they take volunteers.
(e) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.
(f) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.
(g) find a place in your heart to make peace with your momma. Even if you never ever share a residence with her, go make your peace with her.

Yeah, I started repeating myself, self. But I promise you, it's that freaking important lad. It really is, and if it isn't to you, figure out why and fix it. Ok, I'll shush now. Luck to you.I agree 110%. But, and I mean no offense whatsoever, as many historical posts prove Thunder lives in a slightly different universe than the rest of us.

Roadhawg
07-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I agree 110%. But, and I mean no offense whatsoever, as many historical posts prove Thunder lives in a slightly different universe than the rest of us.

Sometimes I wish I did too

Thunder
07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm doing just fine. Been busy going around applying at different apts. Oakridge Village was kind enough to bump me up on the list and said within a week or two only if I'm checked out good. Considered touring Downtown today for some pictures, but I got tired.

Bostonfan don't seem to realize that an amazing intervention named Smartphone does have amazing technology to deliver the Internet. :-)

SkyWestOKC
07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Wait, what's wrong with Pawn Stars?

Thunder
07-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Wait, what's wrong with Pawn Stars?

What the hell is that?

Achilleslastand
07-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Yeah, I started repeating myself, self. But I promise you, it's that freaking important lad. It really is, and if it isn't to you, figure out why and fix it. Ok, I'll shush now. Luck to you.

+1 to letters
e
f
g

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 06:00 PM
What the hell is that?

A "fake" reality show on, of all things, The History Channel.

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 06:00 PM
What's wrong with Pawn Stars? I guess mainly that old Jabba the Hut lookin' guy mumbling tough guy stuff in the background . . .
But on the other hand, the show really isn't that bad . . . Like American Pickers isn't that bad.

So pull Pawn Stars off my list of the "unwatchables" (that apparently a lot of people watch) and substitute that old POS with Paris Hilton and that other celebrity skank.

Thunder said:
"Bostonfan don't seem to realize that an amazing intervention named Smartphone does have amazing technology to deliver the Internet. :-) "

"Intervention . . ." Hmmm . . . Is there a Freudian in the house?

Thunder
07-25-2011, 06:12 PM
I'd love to be on a reality show. People would get a whole bunch of laughs watching ex-mom every day. LOL