View Full Version : Birth Certificate

Pages : 1 [2]

SkyWestOKC
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Doesn't come off to me as fake? Not sure where you are getting that. It's staged a little bit, but I think in general it is as genuine as anything in Vegas gets.

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Doesn't come off to me as fake? Not sure where you are getting that. It's staged a little bit, but I think in general it is as genuine as anything in Vegas gets.

No, its 'fake' as in many of these people do not randomly walk into the pawn shop to really pawn their items. They've done ads in the past looking for people to bring their items in to be 'appraised' and then if they are picked they pretend to be pawning the items. Since the show has taken off many people do now walk into the store with items but often the items are not really pawned and in some cases the real owner of the property is replaced with an actor. I mean its more real than say Cheaters or those repo shows, but its still not 'real.' They've also been caught substituting different objects for supposedly refurbished items that were brought in the pawn shop.

The popular Storage Wars auction show is also staged. But I guess I'm derailing the thread by getting into this.

SkyWestOKC
07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Well, yes it is staged in that regard. But, before the show started, I'm sure they had a lot of business too.

BBatesokc
07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, yes it is staged in that regard. But, before the show started, I'm sure they had a lot of business too.

Oh I'm sure they did. There is a great documentary of Vegas pawn shops and what all the rich and famous pawn to keep up appearances etc. But, of course none of those people would dare appear on TV.

Basically Pawn Stars is a remaked, more entertaining, red neck interpretation of The Antique Road Show.

The problem with these shows is they need 'characters' (as in real life caricatures of stereotypes) and an entire seasons worth of memorable and airable moments that can be captured in only a few weeks of filming per year.

Thunder
07-25-2011, 07:09 PM
The only pawn shop that I know of in Las Vegas are the one in Leprechaun 3 movie.

RadicalModerate
07-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like you need to add Pawn Stars to your Netflix cue . . .
It's slightly more real than the Leprechaun movies.

Thunder
07-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Sounds like you need to add Pawn Stars to your Netflix cue . . .
It's slightly more real than the Leprechaun movies.

OMG!!! I thought the Leprechaun was based on true stories and that the Leprechaun was real. :-O

Bostonfan
07-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Bostonfan don't seem to realize that an amazing intervention named Smartphone does have amazing technology to deliver the Internet. :-)

Do you currently hold a job?

RadicalModerate
07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Is (-: a Hebrew smiley? :-)

Thunder: While you are apartment hunting, keep an eye out for rainbows. Word on the street is that there are pots of Leprechaun gold buried at the ends of them.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 08:04 AM

I saw you at the corner of a street yesterday. Sorry that I didn't give you a dollar.

Bostonfan
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I saw you at the corner of a street yesterday. Sorry that I didn't give you a dollar.

Really?? You are going to answer my question with this?

cameron_405
07-26-2011, 08:12 AM
...sksksksksksk

RadicalModerate
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Wow . . !
I just thought of something: Maybe, like, right now, we are actually in the middle of a CyberRealityShow.
You know . . . Like in that Jim Carey movie . . . Except with a different title that escapes me . . . ("The Thunder Rolls" is already taken.)

BTW: I thought that "the panhandler response" was a rather amusing "squelch" as they used to say back in Vaudeville (which is just outside of Lompoc). And I apologize for so thinking.

Roadhawg
07-26-2011, 08:46 AM

That's Thundereze for no he doesn't

RadicalModerate
07-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Upon deeper consideration, I suppose that the effectiveness/humor quotient of that response would depend upon whether the words were delivered in a
A) Rodney Dangerfield;
B) Most Interesting Man in the Universe; or
C) Pee Wee Herman voice.

Bill Robertson
07-26-2011, 08:55 AM

I can relate to the question. Here we taxpayers are, looking at supporting yet one more person that can't/won't get a good enough job to survive on their own. And this one, as many, have things like a full featured smart phone with internet. Something is wrong with this picture.

Roadhawg
07-26-2011, 09:53 AM
I can relate to the question. Here we taxpayers are, looking at supporting yet one more person that can't/won't get a good enough job to survive on their own. And this one, as many, have things like a full featured smart phone with internet. Something is wrong with this picture.

Just in case it's needed.... http://www.newsok.com/marketplace/jobsok

BBatesokc
07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
While my son was at home, some weeks he actually made more money doing odd jobs posted on Craigslist than he actually made at his 30+ hour a week job. Things like helping people move furniture, delivering something or working an event.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 10:35 AM

I was working until I had medical issues and I still deal with it. I'd love for you to meet and see for yourself, then you'll feel totally guilty. Brian seen me several times before.

Nothing wrong with having a smartphone. Its being a hypocrite for having one while complaining someone else has one. My device is my communication and we all know that communication is required. I only pay $30 unlimited everything and $10 extra for smartphone plus taxes. Its the same as the unlimited everything plan, but I pay less, because I don't use talk minutes. Not wasting money here.

Bostonfan
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I was working until I had medical issues and I still deal with it. I'd love for you to meet and see for yourself, then you'll feel totally guilty. Brian seen me several times before.

Nothing wrong with having a smartphone. Its being a hypocrite for having one while complaining someone else has one. My device is my communication and we all know that communication is required. I only pay $30 unlimited everything and $10 extra for smartphone plus taxes. Its the same as the unlimited everything plan, but I pay less, because I don't use talk minutes. Not wasting money here.

So you are not able to work due to medical issues? No job out there you can do?

$40 is $40. If you are truly homeless, $40 a month would mean a great deal. You can find a way to communicate for way less than $40 a month. And when I say communicate, I don't mean posting a bunch of nonsense on a message board at all hours of the day.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 11:51 AM
So you are not able to work due to medical issues? No job out there you can do?

Brian, explain to this lady, please.

Bostonfan
07-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Brian, explain to this lady, please.

You explain. Explain how $40 a month is no big deal to a homeless person. And btw, I'm not a lady.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
You explain. Explain how $40 a month is no big deal to a homeless person. And btw, I'm not a lady.

I'm not homeless. My cell already been paid for the month.

Craniofacial Dysplasia, go look it up. Didn't you miss me posting somewhere for Neurologist? Didn't you miss me posting somewhere about being admitted to a hospital recently and when they drugged me up, the pain couldn't be stopped. You don't know anything. :-/

Bill Robertson
07-26-2011, 12:54 PM

Nothing wrong with having a smartphone. Its being a hypocrite for having one while complaining someone else has one. My device is my communication and we all know that communication is required. I only pay $30 unlimited everything and $10 extra for smartphone plus taxes. Its the same as the unlimited everything plan, but I pay less, because I don't use talk minutes. Not wasting money here.Nope, not feeling guilty at all. You had a place to live and can't handle family problems. We all have family problems and other issues we have to deal with.

And no being a hypocrit here. I make better than 70k per year and still have a folding cell with nothing but phone service. Try to get sympathy somewhere else.

Bill Robertson
07-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm not homeless. My cell already been paid for the month.

Craniofacial Dysplasia, go look it up. Didn't you miss me posting somewhere for Neurologist? Didn't you miss me posting somewhere about being admitted to a hospital recently and when they drugged me up, the pain couldn't be stopped. You don't know anything. :-/You said yourself that you are currently living in your vehicle. That's homeless. And again, if you have medical issues you need a home. You had one but can't handle momma. Learn to forgive and deal with momma.

Of Sound Mind
07-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I find myself saddened that this thread, which started as a simple question, has turned into an inquisition of someone who is presently going through some difficult circumstances, being judged by people who don't have all the facts and don't really know what he is going through.

As much as many of Thunder's comments on this forum are amusing and bemusing, none of them deserve the vitriolic condemnations being hurled here. Shame on you all.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Nope, not feeling guilty at all. You had a place to live and can't handle family problems. We all have family problems and other issues we have to deal with.

And no being a hypocrit here. I make better than 70k per year and still have a folding cell with nothing but phone service. Try to get sympathy somewhere else.

You said yourself that you are currently living in your vehicle. That's homeless. And again, if you have medical issues you need a home. You had one but can't handle momma. Learn to forgive and deal with momma.

You don't know anything. One of the main issues was the fact that brother is still there and he brought his girl (without permission) to stay there since last year. They don't pay anything. I can't keep on supporting all 3 of them! I handled it all the best I could, but now I'm completely fed up. So, go on feeling guilty for your actions toward me, cuz I'm right on moving out and getting the hell away from them.

Bill Robertson
07-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I find myself saddened that this thread, which started as a simple question, has turned into an inquisition of someone who is presently going through some difficult circumstances, being judged by people who don't have all the facts and don't really know what he is going through.

As much as many of Thunder's comments on this forum are amusing and bemusing, none of them deserve the vitriolic condemnations being hurled here. Shame on you all.

You don't know anything. One of the main issues was the fact that brother is still there and he brought his girl (without permission) to stay there since last year. They don't pay anything. I can't keep on supporting all 3 of them! I handled it all the best I could, but now I'm completely fed up. So, go on feeling guilty for your actions toward me, cuz I'm right on moving out and getting the hell away from them.

Let me check.............................nope, no shame, no guilt.

Of Sound Mind
07-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Let me check.............................nope, no shame, no guilt.

... and no class.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
SoonerSoftail, you think its right for me to support them? Hmmm, how would you feel if people uses you?

Roadhawg
07-26-2011, 01:22 PM

You don't need to pay for everybody... just for yourself and help your mom. Your brother and his GF can buy their own food and if your mom doesn't want to charge them rent or utilities that's up to her. Just tell your mom you'll pay a fair share but not everybody's share.

Mr T
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I think a regular folding cell wouldn't work well for a deaf person? I don't think Thunder makes regular calls as you think of them.

BBatesokc
07-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Since Thunder has twice asked me to interject.......

Smartphones are a Godsend for many deaf people. There are apps where you call a service and they type the conversation out to both parties. My mother used to teach sign language and works alot with the School for the Deaf.

I don't agree with Thunder 99% of the time, but I do know him to see him. I believe his physical issues are very real and has most likely had an effect on his maturity. His physical appearance, disabilities and immaturity would be obstacle enough individually, but combined I see where working a full-time job with benefits that could actually pay his bills would be very difficult.

I'm not thrilled with paying housing and other expenses for people in his situation (with a momma he probably could live with), but I'd rather do that than pay for the thousands in Oklahoma that are just good for nothing and simply suffer from self-imposed disabilities like addiction, laziness and a criminal record.

I'd hope he could function in a group home situation that would lesson the financial burdens on himself and tax payers. However, I have no idea the extent of the living situation with his mother and brother, nor his mental ability to deal with it. He isn't committing crimes, doing drugs or making a general nuisance of himself, so I really don't care too much.

venture
07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
What does this have to do with a Birth Certificate issue anymore? This seems like it would be better in a private conversation than out in the open for everyone to weigh in on.

Thunder
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
You don't need to pay for everybody... just for yourself and help your mom. Your brother and his GF can buy their own food and if your mom doesn't want to charge them rent or utilities that's up to her. Just tell your mom you'll pay a fair share but not everybody's share.

Well, it is hard to physically block them out of the kitchen. They just do not listen. I've paid more than my fair share, so had mom, but many issues just kept pressuring it higher and higher to the breaking point. She had tried to make them pay, but she is weak. She's so weak and doesn't know how to tough it up. Enough was enough.

Since Thunder has twice asked me to interject.......

Smartphones are a Godsend for many deaf people. There are apps where you call a service and they type the conversation out to both parties. My mother used to teach sign language and works alot with the School for the Deaf.

I don't agree with Thunder 99% of the time, but I do know him to see him. I believe his physical issues are very real and has most likely had an effect on his maturity. His physical appearance, disabilities and immaturity would be obstacle enough individually, but combined I see where working a full-time job with benefits that could actually pay his bills would be very difficult.

I'm not thrilled with paying housing and other expenses for people in his situation (with a momma he probably could live with), but I'd rather do that than pay for the thousands in Oklahoma that are just good for nothing and simply suffer from self-imposed disabilities like addiction, laziness and a criminal record.

I'd hope he could function in a group home situation that would lesson the financial burdens on himself and tax payers. However, I have no idea the extent of the living situation with his mother and brother, nor his mental ability to deal with it. He isn't committing crimes, doing drugs or making a general nuisance of himself, so I really don't care too much.

Maturity? I'm a kid, I agree, but just exactly what are you trying to say here?

I saw you once at the DC Walmart. I was working there at the time. When I saw you, I knew who you were (not sure if I was a member on here by then), but I knew you on TV. I was going to approach, say hi and shake your hand, but I'm shy and afraid to approach people. lol

Good boy here. No crimes. No one will see me on Robinson picking up sex (but I was in the area today to take pix). :-)

Thunder
07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
What does this have to do with a Birth Certificate issue anymore? This seems like it would be better in a private conversation than out in the open for everyone to weigh in on.

Hmm, we should have the title changed.

What you think, Pete?

"OKCTalk's Reality Show: Thunder's Life"

Pete
07-26-2011, 02:19 PM
It's probably time to shut this down. I only left it open because Thunder wanted a forum to discuss the various challenges he is facing.

I hope most of you now have a better understanding of Thunder's situation. It also should be obvious that he sees this site as a bit of a support network and several here have reached out to help.

I've always given Thunder lots of leeway and have done my best to understand. My personal philosophy is to always give people the benefit of the doubt and to err on the side of compassion. Very early on, it was clear he needed this site more than most.

From this point forward, it may be best to discuss most this stuff through personal messages.

Thunder, if there is something specific you need help with, please feel free to post new threads and we'll do our best to make a judgment call as to what's best for the board overall.