View Full Version : Amy Winehouse found dead in her apt

Easy180
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Not too surprising but she was only 27

bandnerd
07-23-2011, 12:25 PM
She should have said, yes, yes, yes to rehab...

It is sad, though. Another member of the 27 club.

Achilleslastand
07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Yep another member if the fabled 27 club.
Still way to young to go...thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones.
Hopefully she has found eternal peace.

BDK
07-23-2011, 02:59 PM
...as long as we can agree she's not on the level of the rest of the club.

Dustin
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Not too surprising but she was only 27

Not surprising.

Achilleslastand
07-23-2011, 03:42 PM

Some of the club yes but certainly not all.
And some people are larger in death then they ever were while alive.

Caboose
07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Good. Her music was awful and she was as bad a role model as there could be.

Easy180
07-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Someone is begging for responses with this gem

SoonerQueen
07-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Please ignore this post.

rcjunkie
07-24-2011, 04:25 AM
I didn't care for her music or lifestyle (which was none of my business), but anytime someone passes, especially at such a young age, we all should show compassion and pray for her and her family.

bandnerd
07-24-2011, 07:09 AM
I didn't care for her music or lifestyle (which was none of my business), but anytime someone passes, especially at such a young age, we all should show compassion and pray for her and her family.

Agreed. She obviously had a lot of problems. It's not necessary to place blame on her for being an addict.

Bostonfan
07-24-2011, 07:13 AM

Stay classy...

Roadhawg
07-24-2011, 09:09 AM

I agree

MadMonk
07-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Never paid much attention to her, but looking at recent pictures of her, you'd never know she was that young.
http://profesorbaker.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/amy_winehouse_antes_y_despues.jpg

:Smiley099
Stay away from the hard drugs, kids.

MustangGT
07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Dope heads are as dope heads do.

Lord Helmet
07-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Drug addiction is a sad sad thing. RIP Amy.

skyrick
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

She's at the very bottom of the "Others" list.

Spartan
07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
That will be a very well-preserved body lol. Such a shame, she was a great musician..

You are a moron if you are incapable of recognizing that she was a very talented musician.

Ye5T66K4PTQ

skyrick
07-25-2011, 03:38 PM
That will be a very well-preserved body lol. Such a shame, she was a great musician..

You are a moron if you are incapable of recognizing that she was a very talented musician.

LOL! I clicked on the video and at the bottom of the screen is a popup ad for Drug and Alcohol Rehab!

bluedogok
07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
LOL! I clicked on the video and at the bottom of the screen is a popup ad for Drug and Alcohol Rehab!
GoogleAds at work......

A few years ago there was an article in the Austin paper about a murder and dismemberment of a UT student by an ex-boyfriend in a West Campus apartment (not part of the UT campus proper, just what the area is called). The article had mentioned the tools he bought at a hardware store, the GoogleAds at the bottom listed places to buy the tools that appeared in the article. It wasn't too long after that that Cox Newspapers dropped GoogleAds from their website.

Edmond_Outsider
07-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Whether one likes Winehouse's music or not does not make this less tragic. It is unfortunate that people lack compassion for those who have substance abuse and mental illnesses and are so quick to judge those who do.

He who is without sin, cast the first stone. For me, I can't write off the out of control behavior of people like Winehouse, Belushi, Farley, and so many others as simple "self control" or "lifestyle" issues. There are far deeper and less easily understandable factors at play in these cases. Money and fame often enable people in ways that poverty and obscurity don't but this should not mean they are undesearving of compassion.

History will likely make fools of those who are so quick to write off her musicianship. I've followed Winehouse since her first hit single which was not origonally released in the US. I bought Rehab six months before it was available in the US. She was a muscian of huge unrealized potential. She has left behind a trove of unreleased material which will sell huge and may or may not reveal what she was capable of.

Like most of the others in the 27 club, Winehouse's stature will likely be far greater in death than in life.

Larry OKC
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
I can't say that I have ever heard one of her songs so can't agree or not with the opinion that her music wasn't any good. That said, legendary Tony Bennett (who recently recorded a duet with her) released the following statement:

"Amy Winehouse was an artist of immense proportions and I am deeply saddened to learn of her tragic passing. She was an extraordinary musician with a rare intuition as a vocalist and I am truly devastated that her exceptional talent has come to such an early end.

"She was a lovely and intelligent person and when we recorded together she gave a soulful and extraordinary performance. I was honored to have the opportunity to sing with her. It had been my sincere hope that she would be able to overcome the issues she was battling and I send my deepest sympathy to her father Mitchell, her entire family and all of those who loved her."

Edmond_Outsider
07-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, what does Tony Bennett know?

MadMonk
07-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Well at least she served as a cautionary example (not that we needed another one).