View Full Version : Farmers markets around okc

Jesseda
07-22-2011, 10:45 AM
So what is the best farmers market to go to in or around okc.. I know some farmers markets are priced way to high, does anybody know wher the prices are reasonable and not over priced?

betts
07-22-2011, 11:45 AM
I go to the Friday market by St. Anthony's. The Big Truck Taco truck is there too if you want a bit of lunch. I don't know how prices compare, because I am not really a price comparer, but they don't seem unreasonable to me.

BDK
07-22-2011, 12:00 PM
If you're willing to come south, the Norman Farmer's Market has always struck me as reasonable. It is open Wed. and Fri. 8-12. It is on Robinison at the OSU satellite.

Jesseda
07-22-2011, 12:17 PM
BDK, I have been to the norman one, and i like it. I live in moore an we have a little one but it seems that the prices ar high since there is only 6 or 7 booths, no competition, last time i was their a couple weeks ago, for one ear of corn it was $1.00 and the tomatoes cost $2.50 a pound, watermelon was $9.00 and they where average size. the prices just seemed to high for me

rcjunkie
07-23-2011, 05:41 AM
If you're willing to come south, the Norman Farmer's Market has always struck me as reasonable. It is open Wed. and Fri. 8-12. It is on Robinison at the OSU satellite.

Norman Framer's Market is Wed. & Sat., not open on Fri.