View Full Version : NBA Season?

edmondweather
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Who thinks there will be a NBA season this year poor thunder they need it to keep growing?

Thunder
07-22-2011, 01:18 PM
What are you thinking? Of course there will be another basketball season. Another football season. Another baseball season. Another sports season. Nothing is happening to the OKC Thunder.

Lord Helmet
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I think it may be a shortened season, but I doubt the lockout will kill it altogether.

venture
07-22-2011, 04:03 PM
What are you thinking? Of course there will be another basketball season. Another football season. Another baseball season. Another sports season. Nothing is happening to the OKC Thunder.

The NBA players are locked out right now until they agree to a new contract with the Owners. Not sure if you were aware. So until the agreement is reached, the season can not take place. So it is start to get quite likely we'll have at least a shortened season.

Thunder
07-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Well, that is the other teams' fault for doing that. Screw them. Makes it easy for Thunder to win the trophy this year.

Tydude
07-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Thunder its all 30 teams that in the lockout. Its not just the thunder its everyone

Easy180
08-02-2011, 03:44 AM
90 days until tip off and it doesn't look good

http://m.newsok.com/s?s=16&a=281430&f=sports

NEW YORK (AP) — A month into the lockout, the only change is in David Stern's mood.

After long maintaining he was optimistic during this collective bargaining process, the NBA Commissioner said Monday "nothing" in a nearly three-hour meeting gave him reason for encouragement.

And for that, he pointed the finger in one direction.

"I don't feel optimistic about the players' willingness to engage in a serious way," a downcast Stern said.

Bill Robertson
08-02-2011, 06:34 AM
The NFL was about a foot apart on issues. They took 5 months of haggling and reached an agreement just in time for games to not be affected.

The NBA is a mile apart on issues. Training camps should open in about 60 days. I want to be positive but that doesn't bode well for an NBA season being played this winter.

BrettM2
08-02-2011, 07:44 AM
The NFL was about a foot apart on issues. They took 5 months of haggling and reached an agreement just in time for games to not be affected.

The NBA is a mile apart on issues. Training camps should open in about 60 days. I want to be positive but that doesn't bode well for an NBA season being played this winter.

Looks like the '98-'99 season of 50 games will be the best we can hope for. Not looking good so far, especially with Stern coming out of yesterday's meeting and saying there is no real negotiating happening right now.

Jersey Boss
08-02-2011, 05:53 PM
90 days until tip off and it doesn't look good

http://m.newsok.com/s?s=16&a=281430&f=sports

NEW YORK (AP) — A month into the lockout, the only change is in David Stern's mood.

After long maintaining he was optimistic during this collective bargaining process, the NBA Commissioner said Monday "nothing" in a nearly three-hour meeting gave him reason for encouragement.

And for that, he pointed the finger in one direction.

"I don't feel optimistic about the players' willingness to engage in a serious way," a downcast Stern said.

Stern is paid by the same folks who hired him-the owners. We know what master he serves and is hardly an honest broker. I wonder who makes more in salary, Kobe or David?

Of Sound Mind
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Stern is paid by the same folks who hired him-the owners. We know what master he serves and is hardly an honest broker.
What professional sports league is this not the case?

Jersey Boss
08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
What professional sports league is this not the case?

Don't know of any. But how does that negate what I posted? Do you believe him to be an honest broker? If so, why?

Beastboii
07-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry couldn't find the thunder players thread (will someone move it?) anyway
We signe Hollis thompson