View Full Version : Chucky Cheese... saved. Shucks.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know what is going on over at Walker and S. 74th Street? I noticed they demolished everything touching the Chucky Cheese on the S. side of the intersection, and they are building all around it.

I really wanted the Chucky Cheese's to go too. And if you see the thing, it is the darndest thing. You are left wondering why they couldn't have taken down the rest of that ugly shopping center.

windowphobe
03-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I was over there this morning, but didn't see any signage.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Yeah that's why I was asking.

But from that I can tell you that you were there more recently than me. You live down theres way, right?

JOHNINSOKC
03-30-2005, 08:09 AM
They are building a new Chuck E Cheese right next to the old one and then they will tear down the existing one and add a brand new shopping center to replace the old one.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Oh I see. Any word if they are doing the same over at Shields?

windowphobe
03-30-2005, 06:50 PM
Actually, I don't live over there - I live west of 50 Penn Place - but I had an appointment with a physician in the immediate vicinity (80th and Walker).

Jay
03-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh I see. Any word if they are doing the same over at Shields?

Are you asking about Shields Plaza?

If you are I would hope Burlington would do either a massive remodel or a rebuild. I know the retailer I work for was considering buying the old K-Mart and remodeling it to our needs. Our company STS guys inspected the building and found it was going to be too expensive to move in. That building was constructed in 1972 and it is need of serious structural repairs. The roof is bad, some of the walls are deteriorating and the HVAC systems need to be replaced.

I would think Burlington Coat Factory would invest in a rebuild or remodel. I am hoping they will do something similar to when they moved the 63rd and May store. Back a few years ago Burlington used to be where Big Lots is now on 63rd. They did a complete remodel on French Market Mall and moved in there. As a result French Market Mall got a complete makeover. Bed Bath and Beyond and Staples moved as well as many others.

Since the whole entire center is over 30 years old I would almost bet a teardown and rebuild is in order.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Well actually Burlington has plans to move across Southern Hills when their suite is built.

renffahcs
03-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Don't mess with Chucky!!!

Jay
03-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Well actually Burlington has plans to move across Southern Hills when their suite is built.

Right now there is a big red banner on the old K-Mart at 240 and Shields. It reads the following: "Coming Soon Burlington Coat Factory" Unless they changed thier mind because the banner was still thier yesterday.

I think what your thinking of is Petsmart because they are moving from Southern Hills to the new center on the other side of 240.

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-30-2005, 10:27 PM
I would look it up except the site's search function seems to be downed, but maybe just for me and Mozilla Suite users...

Jay
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Which site are you talking about?

Sooner&RiceGrad
03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
OKCTalk, silly!