View Full Version : Anybody Have Boost Mobile?

dcnorman07
07-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Does anybody on here have Boost Mobile or any of the other "no-contract" carriers. I am getting ready to drop AT&T and was thinking about going to Boost Mobile with their $50 unlimited plan. My wife and I currently have an iPhone and Boost Mobile offers the Samsung Galaxy Prevail. It's just an "entry" level smartphone, but seems to be able to do all we need/want one to do.

I was just wondering if the coverage is good in the metro and if you have had any positive/negative issues using a carrier like Boost Mobile...

HewenttoJared
07-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Boost coverage and building penetration are less than impressive.

BBatesokc
07-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Cricket is pitiful. Had them for our teenager and it only worked in the metro.

dmoor82
07-20-2011, 05:19 PM
I have Boost Mobile with unlimited everything for $45/month,but it starts out at $60 a month for unlimited but every 6 months you pay ontime it drops $5.The coverage is great for me on my Blackberry,I'm up in Kansas,Texas and all over Oklahoma and the only dead zones I get are between Blackwell and Perry on I-35!I had At&t before this no contract deal and I Love it!

BBatesokc
07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Right now I've got Sprint with 5 phones for only $225 unlimited everything ($45/month/each).

Thunder
07-20-2011, 11:19 PM
It can be done to have certain contract phones on non-contract carriers such as Boost and Virgin Mobile by using a program to swap ESN numbers. Buy a phone for Boost, swap the ESN from that phone to a contract phone of your choice, then give away the Boost phone. :-)

Only side effect, one of several, is no 4G for non-contract plans that I know of, but 3G is still decently fast.

dcnorman07
07-21-2011, 07:10 AM
The Samsung Galaxy Prevail is supposed to be capable of 3G and as long as the service with Boost is better than what it is with AT&T, I think we will come out ahead. Right off the top we will be saving $70/month. I've looked around at the phones offered by Cricket, Virgin Mobile, etc., but haven't found a phone quite as good as the Galaxy Prevail. I'm just worried that I'm going to spend $400 for 2 phones, $100 for the first month of service plus $100 to get out of our contract with AT&T (so $600 up front) and then the service be sub-par to AT&T's. I've heard mixed reviews about the no-contract carriers, so that's why I asked here...

Thunder
07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Virgin Mobile is the best no-contract carrier led by Sprint.