View Full Version : Sex Offender

Thunder
07-18-2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/18/miranda-wilkerson-sex-offender-custody_n_901526.html

Okay, stop labeling him a Sex Offender. There is nothing wrong with a father wanting to raise his daughter. Hell, all Sex Offender should not be blocked from raising their *own* kids (providing they were not abused by them). This article make it seem like a big deal. So what. No one frickin cares.

My Nana was underage when Papa met her and later married. Does that make him a Sex Offender? No! Its just the government introducing weird laws and brainwashing people into believing this and that. It is just that...just another government law. As shown in the article, the couple married anyway despite law enforcement's interference.

rcjunkie
07-18-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/18/miranda-wilkerson-sex-offender-custody_n_901526.html

Okay, stop labeling him a Sex Offender. There is nothing wrong with a father wanting to raise his daughter. Hell, all Sex Offender should not be blocked from raising their *own* kids (providing they were not abused by them). This article make it seem like a big deal. So what. No one frickin cares.

My Nana was underage when Papa met her and later married. Does that make him a Sex Offender? No! Its just the government introducing weird laws and brainwashing people into believing this and that. It is just that...just another government law. As shown in the article, the couple married anyway despite law enforcement's interference.

I promise if you had a 14 year old daughter, you'd feel differently.

MikeLucky
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM

And the hits just keep on coming....

If he was 38 and having sex with a 14 year old... he's a sex offender and a sick, sick man... The LAST thing he needs to be doing is raising a child, much less a daughter.

Thunder
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
And the hits just keep on coming....

If he was 38 and having sex with a 14 year old... he's a sex offender and a sick, sick man... The LAST thing he needs to be doing is raising a child, much less a daughter.

That is the past. They eventually married, so it was not just a typical predator situation. Use your brain and think for a moment, okay? This is a guy that does not set out to exploit children, so he should very well be able to raise his daughter. Stop judging people for a change. :-)

MikeLucky
07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
That is the past. They eventually married, so it was not just a typical predator situation. Use your brain and think for a moment, okay? This is a guy that does not set out to exploit children, so he should very well be able to raise his daughter. Stop judging people for a change. :-)

If he's 38 and with a 14 year old HE IS A PREDATOR. How do you not understand that?! A 14 year old has NO faculties to properly deal with anything regarding sex, marriage, having kids... Most 14 year olds hate their parents and would do anything to "get back at them for ruining their lives" including having sex with a predatory 38 year old scumbag.

You are the one that needs to "use your brain."

Thunder
07-18-2011, 02:15 PM
If he's 38 and with a 14 year old HE IS A PREDATOR. How do you not understand that?! A 14 year old has NO faculties to properly deal with anything regarding sex, marriage, having kids... Most 14 year olds hate their parents and would do anything to "get back at them for ruining their lives" including having sex with a predatory 38 year old scumbag.

You are the one that needs to "use your brain."

No, we can't judge them. We don't know their situation. Not every case is a dangerous form of a predator on the hunt.

If this was 1930s or whatever years, you wouldn't even be saying that. You are saying this because of your life being raised into such belief of the government's laws...basically you believe all laws must be right.

MikeLucky
07-18-2011, 02:20 PM
No, we can't judge them. We don't know their situation. Not every case is a dangerous form of a predator on the hunt.

If this was 1930s or whatever years, you wouldn't even be saying that. You are saying this because of your life being raised into such belief of the government's laws...basically you believe all laws must be right.

I can't believe I'm even having this coversation... If it were the 1930s she would be 14 and he would be 16. You can't compare then to now... and not to mention that IT'S 2011!!!! This is a sexual offender, I can and should judge this POS, and you need to really, really take stock of your opinion... I've said it before and I'll say it again... you are piece of work.

Midtowner
07-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I can't think of a situation where this would ever be appropriate. He should be judged and that kid should be kept well away from her dad.

BBatesokc
07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
If anyone has any doubts about where the kid belongs, just watch the video (news story) in the link in the thread starter.

Roadhawg
07-18-2011, 02:27 PM

Yes we can judge him and they did. He was found guilty and labeled a sex offender which he is.

kevinpate
07-18-2011, 02:29 PM
fwiw, he was judged. He was convicted for having sex with an underage person, whom he also married at some point. I don't have an issue with the conviction.

But, a conviction did not automatically trash his rights as a parent. For now at least he prevailed over the grandmother's desire to raise his biological child, even if he was doubting the biological connection.

Perhaps an avenue will open for another relative to step in, but it's difficult to knock out the preference for the actual parent, even when lots of players are on board to do just that.

MikeLucky
07-18-2011, 02:31 PM
fwiw, he was judged. He was convicted for having sex with an underage person, whom he also married at some point. I don't have an issue with the conviction.

But, a conviction did not automatically trash his rights as a parent. For now at least he prevailed over the grandmother's desire to raise his biological child, even if he was doubting the biological connection.

Perhaps an avenue will open for another relative to step in, but it's difficult to knock out the preference for the actual parent, even when lots of players are on board to do just that.

That's some good legalese... but how does it sound when he gets his daughter pregnant in about 10 years? Because that's where this is headed.

Roadhawg
07-18-2011, 02:33 PM
If anyone has any doubts about where the kid belongs, just watch the video (news story) in the link in the thread starter.

Hopefully the Granny will appeal the decision and it will be overturned. I feel bad for the little girl.

USG'60
07-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Not directly contradicting anyone here, but there are exceptions to everything. When my wife of nearly 30 years was 14 she went to here parents and announced that she was going to get married to a 26 year old man, and that they could give their approval OR she would run away and maybe not see them again. Granted she had matured WAY early and looked like a 24 year old, plus she was a straight A student without even trying and she was bull headed from birth. They gave their permission and they were married. Within months it was clear that he was an alcoholic and an ass. Just as she decided to get a divorce she discovered she was pregnant but went through with the divorce. He kinda went nuts and started having one car wreck after another and eventually went to AA for help. By the time I came along he had several years of sobriety and was beginning to see his daughter who was turning 15. Never once was he inappropriate with her and they have become closer and closer over the years and now that she is well over 40 they spend several hours together every week. BTW, she is an LPC with an MA and works at St Anthony's and her dad still attends AA daily. My wife was not ruined by marrying at 14 and even though the guy was a jerk he should not have been designated a predator. There needs to be ways to create exceptions to laws that deal with murky areas of life since not all 14 year olds are the same.

Achilleslastand
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Goodness gracious great balls of fire.................

venture
07-18-2011, 05:28 PM
I agree there can be exceptions to everything, but...sleeping with someone half your age, and they haven't even graduated high school yet - uhhh. What 30-something would think that was ok? Sure I could go out and find me a nice 18 year old right now, but that would still be weird with a 14 year gap (plus I'd be shot by the better half - lol). He was convicted. He will for every be a sex offender. The only time I question the sex offender stuff is when it is someone like an 18 year old and a 16/17 year old (depending on the state) and he gets the short end because the parents of the other one are pissed their child gave it up and file charges.

FRISKY
07-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Goodness gracious great balls of fire.................I see what you did there................... lol

MikeOKC
07-18-2011, 06:43 PM
To clear up a couple of things...

The child in question (Miranda) is not the father's biological child. The couple had three children together. The fourth child, now turning 4, is NOT Mr. Coleman's biological father. That has been determined. He is, however, her legal father, because he was married to Miranda's mother at the time of her birth. The mother died in a car accident a month after Miranda was born. Miranda is the product of an extramarital affair and to complicate matters, the true biological father is now going to try to get custody of Miranda. The grandmother also has issues in her past, including Contributing To The Deliquency Of a Minor and Child Neglect dating back to when Coleman was messing around with her daughter. And some want to give her a second chance? Let's hope the biological father has a better pedigree. Sad, sad. Yes, this is Florida...again. Here is the very latest:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/28586762/detail.html