View Full Version : Feds crack'n down on people getting housing benefits by fraud in the metro.....

BBatesokc
07-13-2011, 07:51 PM
This release went out today:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Bob Troester

July 13 , 2011 Phone: 405/XXX-XXXX

PRESS ADVISORY

NOTICE OF PRESS CONFERENCE – THURSDAY, JULY 14 @ 10:00 A.M.

WHO: Sanford C. Coats , United States Attorney

Phyllis Grissom Robinson , Special Agent in Charge of the HUD Office of Inspector General; and

Deborah Jenkins , Director of Rental Programs for the Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency

WHAT: Announce results of crackdown on individuals making false statements in order to receive financial housing assistance which resulted in multiple criminal and civil cases .

WHEN: Thursday, July 14, 2011 @ 10:00 A.M.

WHERE: United States Attorney’s Office
210 Park Avenue, 6 th Floor Conference Room
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

QUESTIONS : Bob Troester, Executive Asst. U.S. Attorney XXX-XXXX

**End**

I got some footage of the 'take downs' this afternoon.

Here's a couple of stills....

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8639/fbiarrest.jpg

kevinpate
07-13-2011, 08:01 PM
wonder how many places might quietly get vacated overnight from concern of being next on such a list?

Thunder
07-13-2011, 08:08 PM
WOWOWOWOWOW, I can't believe Brian was that close to me! Mom and I was at that CVS Pharmacy getting my pain med refill when that happened. I came very close to cussing out at those police men for destroying more lives, but we just moved on. I was about to video it, but realized that I left my phone at home. Brian, mom's truck was the Chevy teal-green stepside parked in front within several feet from those vehicles.

Anyway, are you sure that was the case for this specific situation? Because this did not happen at a house/apt. This was at CVS Pharmacy on 44th and Sunnylane. I assumed speeding or a minor traffic violation. What I was not pleased with was...how disrespectful that officer was toward the girl when he removed her from the car suddenly.

This happened between 11:30am and 12:00 noon, so it was not really in the afternoon. I remember afterward, mom planned to eat at CiCi's Pizza and it was nearly noon.

BBatesokc
07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
You seriously thought the FBI in cunjunction with OCPD and 4 unmarked vehicles were pulling someone over for "speeding or a minor traffic violation."

Yes, I would highly recommend you get into the FBI or OCPD's face and voice your complaints while they are serving a federal warrant.

Thunder
07-13-2011, 08:25 PM
You seriously thought the FBI in cunjunction with OCPD and 4 unmarked vehicles were pulling someone over for "speeding or a minor traffic violation."

Yes, I would highly recommend you get into the FBI or OCPD's face and voice your complaints while they are serving a federal warrant.

No, while I was there, it was just a marked OKC police car and an unmarked red truck exactly as shown in the picture.

Like I said, I felt like cussing them out, but I never do. I wouldn't do that, because they just love arresting people. Really wish I video it all while I was there. Did you take a video other than picture?

BBatesokc
07-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Actually, there were a total of 4 unmarked units. The red truck was only one of them and they were all there from the time the car was pulled over until an officer got into the suspect's car and drove away (with at least 2 children in the car).

I didn't take any photographs, I only took video.

Thunder
07-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, mom mentioned children in the car.

The other 2 was probably parked somewhere hidden, cuz I didn't notice them.

Hope the mother will be released and get her children back.

Too many times law enforcement destroy lives over something so stupid while real crimes are happening in plain sight.

Brian, you do not have permission to display me, mom, and the truck in the video online. Could you kindly edit that portion out when you post online, please?

rcjunkie
07-13-2011, 09:14 PM

Too many times law enforcement destroy lives over something so stupid while real crimes are happening in plain sight.
Brian, you do not have permission to display me, mom, and the truck in the video online. Could you kindly edit that portion out when you post online, please?

Man Oh Man Thunder, sometimes I seriously wonder if you believe half the stuff you write. Housing fraud is a crime, a serious crime.

BBatesokc
07-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Thunder, just for clarification, I don't need your permission to post the video unedited. That being said, I can't imagine any reason why the news wouldn't blur your faces or edit around you if I ask (which I will). The media already has copies of the video.

Thunder
07-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Thunder, just for clarification, I don't need your permission to post the video unedited. That being said, I can't imagine any reason why the news wouldn't blur your faces or edit around you if I ask (which I will). The media already has copies of the video.

Did you give it to them or sold it?

I know media don't blur out without request.

Who should I contact?

BBatesokc
07-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Did you give it to them or sold it?

I know media don't blur out without request.

Who should I contact?

I matters not what my arrangements are with local and national media outlets. I already said I'd make the request. My relationships are very solid. I wouldn't worry about it.

MikeLucky
07-13-2011, 10:15 PM

First off... I can't believe I'm even responding to this but I just can't help myself...

IF there are lives "destroyed" because of this, the fault lies solely with the law breaking mother. Don't blame the cops because she is apparently too lazy to work and instead decided it was better to leech off our tax money. She's going where she deserves.

And if you are that worried about being seen in footage of a law breaker being arrested, quit being such a rubber necker and loitering around the scene. There was no reason for you to do anything but get in your truck and leave.

Thunder
07-14-2011, 02:54 AM
And if you are that worried about being seen in footage of a law breaker being arrested, quit being such a rubber necker and loitering around the scene. There was no reason for you to do anything but get in your truck and leave.

That is exactly what we did, walking out to the store, getting in the truck, and taking off. I find your accusation of loitering quite funny.

Midtowner
07-14-2011, 06:53 AM

How about the family which was not committing fraud who was unable to get subsidized housing? Do they matter to you? Someone is possibly homeless right now because of this turd.

Roadhawg
07-14-2011, 08:18 AM

Make sure you film that

BBatesokc
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Make sure you film that

Only if Thunder promises to be screaming, "Rodney King! Rodney King!" while they are getting him acquainted with their nightsticks.

cameron_405
07-14-2011, 08:50 AM
"...'Rodney King! Rodney King!' while they are getting him acquainted with their nightsticks..."

...speaking of --

Rodney King arrested on suspicion of DUI in California - 14 July 2011 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/07/14/2011-07-14_rodney_king_arrested_on_suspicion_of_dui_in_cal ifornia.html?r=news/national)

Rodney King, whose videotaped beating by cops became a symbol of police brutality and ultimately sparked the 1992 Los Angeles riots, was busted for driving under the influence.

Cops watched King, 46, commit "several traffic violations" while behind the wheel of a 1994 Mitsubishi before pulling him over on Tuesday afternoon, Moreno Valley, Calif., police said...

workman45
07-17-2011, 01:55 PM
...speaking of --

Rodney King arrested on suspicion of DUI in California - 14 July 2011 (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/07/14/2011-07-14_rodney_king_arrested_on_suspicion_of_dui_in_cal ifornia.html?r=news/national)

Most likely burned through the entire award at warp speed.

FFLady
07-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Tis so good to see stories like this once in a while, especially when the story ends with "if you know of any fraud, please call...." Makes me feel less guilty for turning people in. And that includes food stamp fraud as well....

Thunder
07-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Tis so good to see stories like this once in a while, especially when the story ends with "if you know of any fraud, please call...." Makes me feel less guilty for turning people in. And that includes food stamp fraud as well....

I know how you feel. I don't turn people in. Not now, not ever. If I see people standing on the streets advertising sex, more praise to them, as government should never...ever...not now, not ever...tell people what to do with their own body. Money? So what. Its their money.

Of Sound Mind
07-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I think you misunderstood what FFLady was actually saying.

MikeLucky
07-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I think you misunderstood what FFLady was actually saying.

Lol... I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and we find out that thunder has been punking us all this time...

Roadhawg
07-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I know how you feel. I don't turn people in. Not now, not ever. If I see people standing on the streets advertising sex, more praise to them, as government should never...ever...not now, not ever...tell people what to do with their own body. Money? So what. Its their money.

The only fraud in that case is if the hooker turned out to be a guy lol

Thunder
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
The only fraud in that case is if the hooker turned out to be a guy lol

Priceless. A dude goes to pick up a female only to find her having a full manhood....after he goes naked for her..him.