View Full Version : 2 senior adults killed by pipe bombs in the S OKC home

SoonerQueen
07-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Two dead in apparent south Oklahoma City house bombing
Police are gathering remains of what appear to be homemade bombs in southwest Oklahoma City outside a house where an older couple was found dead Wednesday morning. Around 7 a.m. police officers detained three people in connection with the fire-bombing deaths, including a 15 year-old boy.

Achilleslastand
07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
This just sickens me. Prayers go out to the family and loved ones.
I hope the offenders are dealt with harshly.

Thunder
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I want the 15 year old boy to be charged as an adult and on the quick process to the death chair.

PennyQuilts
07-13-2011, 04:50 PM
That's just horrible. I feel so sorry for the families.

bornhere
07-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I want to know what happened.

PennyQuilts
07-13-2011, 05:05 PM
I want to know what happened.

It was a couple, 87 and 86 years old who had been married more than 65 years. She was known as the cookie lady because she made cookies for people. Apparently, the police picked up a troubled 15 year old with certain evidence but I didn't get what the evidence was. Sounds like the bomb went off in the middle of the night and caught the house on fire. Hard to imagine how depraved someone would be to do such a thing to a couple like that.

MikeOKC
07-13-2011, 05:07 PM
This really is just horrible. Has anyone heard a word about any kind of motive? Such a tragedy.

Thunder
07-13-2011, 05:08 PM
It was a couple, 87 and 86 years old who had been married more than 65 years. She was known as the cookie lady because she made cookies for people. Apparently, the police picked up a troubled 15 year old with certain evidence but I didn't get what the evidence was. Sounds like the bomb went off in the middle of the night and caught the house on fire. Hard to imagine how depraved someone would be to do such a thing to a couple like that.

Probably went insane for not getting a cookie.

kevinpate
07-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I want the 15 year old boy to be charged as an adult and on the quick process to the death chair.

He can be charged as an adult, depending on his involvement. For some crimes, he can be presumed to be an adult. For others, he is presumed to be a juvenile, but could be certified to stand trial as an adult. But, under any scenario, he won't be a death sentence eligible defendant. For a number of years, the line was drawn at 16, but now the age line is drawn at 18.

crimsoncrazy
07-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Very sad. The couple was going to move into a retirement facility the morning they were killed.

Roadhawg
07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
My thoughts and prayers to the ones killed, their family and friends.... such a senseless act of violence.